Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

4.3

Water, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

I'm in love with this lotion! I never considered wearing body lotion in the day simply because all the lotions I've tried over the years always left me feeling greasy, and I hate feeling greasy in the day. Now it looks like I'm gonna start wearing this under my Shiseido (which seems to dry my skin) SPF 50 in the day. This is a silky lotion, very lightweight. I'd just discovered Paula's Choice AHA body lotion and love it because of how fast it sinks in - but I couldn't believe that this absorbs even faster! Leaves skin totally matte/"dry" feeling but super soft at the same time. It's so affordable too. Yes, the fragrance can be annoying, but I'm not too particular about it, especially since it fades after a few hours. It's perfect for me, but it MAY not be moisturizing enough for those with super dry skin. UPDATE : I recently stopped using this for awhile, and when I started again, the difference it made to my skin texture is amazing - this stuff really does soften your skin unlike other body lotions which just hydrate. I still haven't found anything better than this!

I love Aveeno products, and this is one of my favorites. It's light enough to use in summer, but I can still use it in winter with the cold, dry Colorado air. It smells almondy to me, but very very light. I use it every day after my shower, and it especially feels wonderful on just-shaved legs. I was worried about it feeling greasy because of the oils, but it's not greasy at all. In winter I like to use this after my shower and then keep Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream in my purse for my hands. The Creamy Moisturizing Oil keeps me moisturized all day, but I've never found a lotion that can keep my hands in good shape all day in this dry air - except for Aveeno's hand cream. Also - this stuff was cheaper than I thought it was going to be, after reading the other reviews. About $5 USD at Walmart.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Blimey - the smell! i'm quite sure this product moisturizes well... but i couldn't get past trying it on my hands. For a while at work there's someone who reeks of cheap-amber+dusty-room - and everytime i passed by i wondered why would someone purchase and wear such a perfume - and now i know why! They've been using this Aveeno product! YUCK!! i tried a little on my hands, took a sniff and immediately tried to wash the stink off - but it's still there! Which i guess means that the moisturizing capabilities stay put as well. Sadly, i'll never try this on my body.. only because of the smell - i'm very disappointed, especially after reading the reviews - i expected a almondy/vanilla/bread-like scent. i swear it smells of icky-cheap-amber+dusty-room+synthetic-flower-undertone and leaves one with a headache. As a result, only 2 lippies. i'm giving this away immediately!! Wasted money! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE this stuff. it's the perfect consistency. i'm scared i will need something heavier in the winter months but we'll see. this leaves my skin soooo soft! my only problem is the smell. it's a bit almond-vanilla-y and i don't like those types of scents. my body holds scents well so this sort of clashes with my perfumes and i wear light fresh scents. i don't think it's enough to keep me from using this lotion though.
UPDATE: NOW THAT IT'S GETTING COLDER, THIS IS NOT CUTTING. I WILL GO BACK TO THIS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS.

I have to disagree with most of these reviews. I followed them to Target and bought this, but now it's sitting in the closet almost full. First, the scent seemed incredibly strong and cloying-- and quite long-lasting, too. I was tempted to wash off my elbows to get the smell off, and I couldn't handle the smell from applying it on my legs after the first time.
Second, the moisturizing was a little wonky; I didn't think it sunk in very quickly, and it felt, if this makes any sense, both oily and powdery. My hands and elbows were both soft (although I moisturize them a lot, so that's not unusual), but the palms of my hands felt strange, as though I had just washed them and was waiting for the natural oils to come back.
In sum, this stuff was a real puzzle to me, and a big disappointment. Curel seems more wonderful than ever now.

I love this as my "summer weight" moisturizer. My skin literally seems to drink it in...perfect for those muggy days when greasier lotions seem to just make me slimy and slippery! Ewww. I like the scent, it's lightly almondish but fades away within minutes. The only place I can find this is drugstore.com, so I stock up. My houseguests (I put it out in the guest bathroom) always ask me where I got this!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I tried a tester of this in the store when my hands were particularly dry. I was hoping all of the oils (sesame, almond, etc) would help. Instead, while the texture was creamy-oily in a relieving way, it was very light and not that moisturizing. 10 minutes later, I was looking for more moisture. It also had a powdery-dry finish like the other Aveeno lotions that was helpful for being ready to go soon after applying but seems to be less moisturizing.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this for my 8 month old cause she has dry patches on her cheeks and chin from the harsh cold weather. It wasn't enough moisture for her face so I started using it myself as a body lotion. Leaves my skin feeling silky and smelling nice. This lotion has a nice, mild, fresh scent. May not be moisturizing enough for the winter weather but is a nice moisturizer for the summer months.

I love this oil/lotion! once you use it, you will see that the title matched the product perfectly. it provides very good moisture and is a light beautiful texture with the most lovely smell. i hope it comes in the tube form also!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this lotion! I live in Las Vegas where I am always battling dry skin and the harsh effects of the hardwater. Aveeno's CMO is very light, thin, and super moisturizing lotion. I am very breakout prone, so I need a lotion that sinks right into my skin and does not break me out on my back, shoulders, or chest, and I never has those problems with Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil. I like this better than the Daily Baby Lotion, although the DBL is thicker, and more moisturizing, and super gentle on my sensitive skin - it breaks me out horribly where ever I put it. This Creamy Moisturizing Oil is definitely my favorite Aveeno lotion for body. It's great in the summer because it's so light and not oily. It gives my skin just the right amount of moisture with out suffocating it or making me sweat. It's second to my holygrail Cetaphil Body Creme. I switch between these two depending on what my skin needs at the moment.