April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

This line did nothing for me - luckily, I only got the small trial kit so it's not like I had huge almost-full bottles left over. I used it right to the end and nothing. I've never really liked Clinique products, but I thought I would give this a try. The only thing I kind of liked was the toner... it was a basic toner, though, that I could get for much cheaper. The cleanser didn't seem to clean my face very well and the moisturizer left my face tight.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jsabella

Let me start off by saying this product has only made my acne worse. The foam wash doesn't give you that "clean" feeling, the toner is like any other toner (besides the fact this one will break you out even more) & the consistency of the moisturizer is so thin! Never using any clinique products ever again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me first start off by saying that I have used several Clinique products in the past and have usually had very good results with them. I'm in my freshman year of college and due to the change of environment, and stress, my skin has really gone out of whack. I've always had acne-prone skin, but now on top of that, my skin is very oily and sensitive. Not a good combo!
I was at the Clinique counter and saw that they were offering a trial size (about a month's worth) of the line for about $30. I had a coupon, was desperate for my normal skin to be back, so I bought it. It came with the cleanser, clarifying lotion, moisturizer, and spot treatment. They were fairly small bottles, and I doubt it would last me a whole month, but I figured it was worth a try.
The first few nights, I really liked the line. The first morning after use, my skin did look slightly better, and I did like the fact that I didn't have any new spots. My acne was pretty bad at this point, and everyday I've have new blemishes. Over the next few days, I began to notice my skin was dry, which I actually enjoyed because my skin has previously been incredibly oily. However, within a week or so my skin was way too dry and very irritated. This stuff began to sting when I would use it. After two weeks of use, my face looked like a big tomato, it was so red! And my skin really hurt.
I lowered my usage to just the face wash, but still had horrible irritation. Even using the products individually didn't reduce the amount of irritation. And, while all this was happening, there really wasn't that much improvement with my acne.
I stayed on this system for maybe two months, but my skin couldn't handle it. I quit using it, switched to some plain products that were more gentle, but my skin is still recovering from this stuff. My acne is worse than it was before, and I have lots of blemishes that are cracked open and many areas with redness.
Overall, if you have skin that is not normally sensitive and doesn't normally react to many products, this may work for you. But if you have even the slightest bit of sensitivity, you should probably stay away from this. Way to harsh for me, and I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

This product is neutral for me. It didn't help with my acne or made it worse. It is very gentle, does not cause any irritation or redness to my skin. The clearing moisturizer controls oil very well, it leaves my face very matte. But that's it. It didn't clear my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpAddict819

I think I'm one of the only people that this works for, because it is totally clearing me up!
A little background- I'm asian, with normal/combo skin, and has mild acne. It's only on my forehead, with some blackheads on my nose. Never anywhere else.

At first I thought this would be too harsh, and had replaced the cleanser with the olay foaming cleanser. WELL, turns out that doesn't work, and you have to use the whole thing. When I used the clinique cleanser, I was totally cleared up!

I don't think this line is for people with severe acne, which is weird because it's so drying. I have not had any redness/stinging coming for the products, so I guess I'm very lucky LOL.

I've only been using this about a month and a half, so I really hope I'm not speaking too early, but this just might be what finally will clear me up. I'm probably being totally dramatic, since I'm still in High School and has only had acne for about 3 years, but I count myself lucky for finding something that works after not TOO long.

I would recommend this, but use another moisturizer. The clinique is more of a spot treatment, so layer something else over it. Other than that, it's perfect!

EDIT; I spoke too soon, but this product has stopped working completely for my skin. in fact, it's drying my face out SO much, it hurts. don't try if you have dry skin. luckily i already found something else that works for me :D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not for people with acne. I tried this line years ago and it did nothing for me. I am one of those women that really give products a chance to work, I used it for a whole month. I saw no improvement in my skin. I even felt that it made my skin oiler. I don't understand that one.
Their are cheaper products at a drugstore that work a whole lot better. I would not even waste your time and money on this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Ashley123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This broke me out!!! At first i thought my skin was getting clearer... but this left really dark marks on my face that i am still trying to lighten. I would NOT buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lilliclare

Okay so I was really excited to use the system because I wanted to get rid of my acne once and for all! The first time I used it, I was absolutely amazed. I went to bed with my face feeling the most clean and fresh it has ever been. But when I woke up, my entire chin and around my mouth area was completely dried out! It was awful! That is one of the biggest cons of this; how dry it makes your face. Besides the dryness, it totally cleared up my skin! I just need to invest in a good moisturizer to put on my chin, but I'd definitely buy this product again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

This whole system was horrible. I was so excited to start using these products because I generally love Clinqiue but I was horribly disappointed. My acne got worse after 3 weeks of use to the point that it hurt and was so ugly that I didnt even want to go out of the house. I went to the dermatologist today and she prescriped a mixture of pills and topical treatments, thats how bad it is now.
Cleanser: Didn't find that it cleared my skin and I didn't feel so clean after using it either.
Toner: Stung SOOO badly an dmade my skin red which wouldnt tone down for hours, even with makeup over it. Was so annoying to unscrew the cap and it would often spill.
moisturiser: cant be called so-dried my skin out like there's no tomorrow and at the same time didnt get rid of pimples.
Emergency spot healing gel: stung when applied and didnt reduce pimple size at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this line after the great reviews on here and on youtube. Personally I don't see what the hype is. Although it did decrease the amount of blemishes and redness, the blemishes I did still get were bigger than normal, and I also experienced cystic acne (which hurt so much).This 3-step is also dries out your skin, and i found that i had to use an additional moisturiser quite regularily. the benefits of clearer skin are definitely not worth the pain!

I also noticed that if i skipped a few days of using the 3-step my skin started to go back to how it normally was. Clinique is not a cure for acne, its just a temporary fix.

In australia, its also quite expensive with the 3 step package costing about $120 dollars, and if you use the products twice a day everyday, as recommended it will only last you about 6 weeks.