December 21, 2014 | 1170 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by NikkiDagger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Impassioned. I wanted it after seeing Nic from Pixiwoo use it. Although it's on trend for Spring/Summer 2011, it's not just a trendy color. Because, bright lippies are in every Spring & Summer. I'm C5/NC42, so I wasn't 100% sure that it would look good on me. I wished for it anyway, though. If it was super opaque and as bright on as it looks in the tube, I don't think that it would be very flattering on me. BUT, the Amplified finish gives it the perfect opacity to look amazing (IMHO). I have never had a lippie that comes close to this color, so I can't think of any dupes and will definitely be repurchasing when I run out. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mindthegap

My first MAC l/s and what an amazing one. Unique, bright colour, i guess it will yuit all skin-types and tones. Amplified formulation is great, the colour appears bright on your lips and holds on for hours. It is love...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the way it looked next to all the other colors in the store, as aside from being shockingly bright, it's a nostalgic color for to me. This is the type of "hot" pink I will forever associate with my favorite day-glo crayon from the '90s (but who knows if it's still out there or kids are still remotely as obsessed with fluorescent colors). And with the color I used on some graphics on my website in the '90s-early '00s. (Don't ask why. Blinding people with bright colors and annoying them with as many graphics and sounds was the thing for homepages back then.)

After it had caught my eyes several times, I decided to try it on in the store and walked around all day with it on. Unfortunately, it looked worse on me than in the tube. The rest of my face looked somehow washed-out and completely overpowered by my lips, which is usually not the case even with very dark lipstick or other bright colors!

It looked too bright and warm; a great color but not flattering enough to justify buying. My theory is this is better pink lipstick for darker, and possibly warmer-toned, skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have a true love of bright, shocking lipsticks, and boy does this fit the bill! It really is almost a neon pink. I'm NC20-25 with brunette hair, but I love wearing this all year round. I have very very full lips, and it looks especially amazing in the summer with a nice glow. It goes on so easily with beautiful coverage on the first swipe. If you aren't afraid to be looked at and wear intense colors, this is for you. Not for the mild or meek! Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by volaregirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shocking, bright, watermelon pink! I love how versatile this color is. Swipe it on as you usually would and you get a shocking lip color that would look great during nights out with the girls. However, swipe on a very, very minimal amount and spread it on your lips - voila! You get a lovely, day-appropriate Barbie-sweet look. Just enough color to make your features pop, even when you're not wearing makeup. The formula is non-drying and lasts all day too, eliminating the need to reapply! Won't be repurchasing because I want to discover more MAC shades, but this is definitely worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Shahleena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It really compliments my olive complexion (NC40). it is a very strong pop of colour & quite unusual too in its pinky/orangy colour. The Amplified texture also makes this very pigmented & not needing to re-apply as other MAC textures. will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by CLAWZGALAW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG PINK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amplified creme formulation, bright pink / watermelon shade looks wonderful on me. I'm NC15, pale lips, black hair. It's a great splash of color with enough oomph for when you don't want to go red...but something else and you're sick of orange! I don't default to pink lipstick, ever, it's usually nudes/corals/reds but this is a fab exception. I apply out of the tube on conditioned, flake-free lips, blot several times, dab on a bit more, and I'm set for hours. It almost stains my lips. I'm very happy and do not find it any more drying than other amplified cremes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: This is looking rather red on me now. The first few times I wore it it was true to the color in the tube...a bright neonish pink, but now it looks red and wayyy darker. I barely ever use it anymore. It's not flattering at all now. I'm not sure what happened.

I was looking for a super bright neon pink, and wound up getting this color cause once I tried it on...BAM...it just looked so great on my lips and with my skin tone (NC15). I must have tried on about 10 different lippies at Mac and this was my favorite. I never wear dark or bold colors, and i'm in love with this. I do have to say though, it is very drying...and it seems to be looking darker on me now than it did when I first started wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think all mac lipsticks should be this formula, it is not as drying as the other formulas