April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by powerwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About 10 years ago, one of my colleagues wore this as her signature scent. The sickening stench permeated the entire office. It reminded me of the commercial deodorizers used in public restrooms...toilet water, anyone? The price and Elizabeth Arden label really shocked me. I honestly thought this was one of those cheap drugstore body sprays, like Calgon or Jean Nate. It's definitely not a sophisticated or youthful scent, IMO. I'd expect to smell this on an old lady sporting an appliqued sweat shirt and a fanny pack in the casino Keno hall. Do your fellow humans a favor and avoid this vile crap, please, I beg of you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I remember this one from my college days, it seemed to be everywhere- I couldn't stand it then. A few years back a friend tried to fob this one off on me- I tested it again, it was just so sickenly sweet and strong-oh, it went to Goodwill. I haven't had much luck with any of the Arden fragrances.

Update: 4/13/08 Well, well, I never stop surprising myself. Blame it on the cold, long, snowy winter that we're still recovering from up here in New England- maybe it caused a temporary loss of rational thought. I found myself buying a mini of this just to see what my reaction would be- and (drumroll please) I...like it. No, I don't think it will ever be in my top ten, and it's still strong even for an EdT, but applied lightly, it IS very uplfiting, a little lemony, ummm! I have to give thanks to those of you who had positive remarks for Sunflowers--I think that's what convinced me to revisit this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by kolokithaki

I'm amazed that so many people hate this. Although it's not one of my 'must haves' every couple of summers I will smell someone wearing this and remember how good it smells and go out and buy some. I wear this during the summer and daytime only-for me this soesn't work for evenings. Its a happy, feminine scent and a definite mood lifter. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by NPC_Citizen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not an extraordinary fragrance, but I do like its fresh, citrusy kind of smell. It's not too expensive, something you can wear daily, plus an nicish smell, the reasons why I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah Sunflowers - what a blast from the past ... This reminds me of the New West era, in fact they both smell rather similar and I could never distinguish whether friends/strangers were wearing New West or Sunflowers. It really is a pretty, fresh, citrus, summer smelling scent... I still really like it and find it is extremely cheap and has all day lasting ability - which is ace at such a great price... I know a lot of younger teens still wear it and I think that's great ! It's nice to smell it and re-live your youth ....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 1:06:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this along time ago, and I loved it then, however, now I think it's a tad sharp, but still a nice scent, just not for me. I have a close friend who has worn this for years, and it smell so nice on her, creamy and honey like almost. I don't think it's bad for the price at all, but I have smelled alot more scents that are in the $20 range latly that smell better on me anyway. Still worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Moondeva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't get on with Sunflowers, sadly. I wanted to like this and enjoy how it smells on others but it is way too melony for me. It is an underrated classic that is perfect nearly everyday (as long as it works with your chemistry) light, bright and full of the joys of summer. But it is very strong and needs to be used very discreetly. The heart and base notes are lovely but I just can't get past that green watermelon opening. Sadly it triggers my allergies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by SterlingStarfish

I recently received a sample of Sunflowers, and thought maybe this stuff would be alright. Boy was I wrong when I sprayed some on myself. Oh this stuff is super strong and hard to stand. I am usually alright with most perfumes, however, this one just doesn't do it for me and I would never choose it. It might be ok on certain people, however, you won't catch me wearing it. Mostly you get good compliments on scents, but with this one, I got NEGATIVE compliments. YUCK!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by diasphora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's always funny to see how fragrance reviews are so black and white. I only recently started wearing fragrance, so I'm not prejudiced against certain scents, and I LOVE Sunflowers. It's unpretentious, straightforward, summery, and makes me smile. What else could I ask for?