September 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

WAAAYYYY TOO STRONG!! This is right at the bottom with White Diamonds. For some reason as a teenager I felt I had to have this. I believe it was actually a rite of passage. Now it reminds me of something an old lady would wear. It's very overpowering and very musky scented.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute train wreck. Behind Clinique "Happy", "Red Door" gets the number two spot on my fragrance sh*t list. I just deplore this stuff.

Too suffocating, too "old lady", too CHEAP, too dated, too in-your-face.

Close the door to Red Door ladies (and cover it up with cement!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by aaa777aaa11

This perfume is my sister's favourite. And it smells divine on her. I really love it pn her, it lasts all day, people complement her a lot. Doesn't smell the same on me, so I don't buy it myself. But in my opinion it's a great perfume, classic. Too sweet for the summer, great for colder seasons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

has a nice smell to it, but has a 'grandma' smell. So i woudlnt recommend for younger girls.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kleoji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has got to be the most offensive smell on the market-aside from patchouli fueled fragrances. My mother adores it so my sisters and I bought her a gift set for Christmas one year. If she happens to wear this scent when we're around it actually has the power to ruin our day. It's the epitome of 'old lady smell' and makes me nauseous and head-achy even when applied sparingly. ICK.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually got this fragrance (in a small 10 mL bottle) as a gift from my dad. He always gets me perfume and he usually has really good taste. He said he loves this stuff, so he must have smelled it on some woman who really worked it but I just can't seem to pull it off. I thought it just didn't work with my body chemistry but I'm reading lots of bad reviews here... no one seems to like it!
To me it smells very musky (which I don't mind in moderation) and powdery (not a fan on any day). The bottle says it's an "eau due toilette spray naturel". Usually with toilettes, since they are lower fragrance potency than perfumes, I spray a bit more on (like behind my knees and elbows). But this stuff is SO STRONG. I wore it like I'd wear any other toilette once and the smell made me dizzy and my mom complained! Just one whiff off the nozzle and the scent stays in my nose for way too long!
I would never buy it, but I don't believe in wasting things so I'll try to come up with other uses for it- like on clothes or in my hair- and see how that works. So far I'll occassionally just spray it in the air and walk through it when I'm having a lazy day but want to wear something. But I would not reccomend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is right up there with Angel as far as perfumes that should be banned forever. A sickening strong stench that has to be one of the most potent perfumes ever. True story, I worked in a chemical plant with strong smells like you cannot comprehend and my boss wore this and I could smell her on the other side of the plant - the Red Door actually beat out the acid and solvent smells of a chemical factory. I guess it deserves one lippie for that alone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by theramenninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

red door is my grandmother's favourite scent. she's been wearing it for 20 years. i think she's 80 or something. red door is OFFENSIVE and very strong . . . and a running joke in my family. DO NOT BUY IT. lets hope it goes off the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally I sampled Red Door again lately, having not smelled it in well over a decade. It started out smelling fresh and floral, like springtime. For a minute I couldn't understand the low ratings here. And then it swiftly became the typical heavy and plasticky 80s-esque gagger! If you like Oscar DLR Volupte or Lancome Tresor, you will probably like Red Door too! 'No sale' is a definite understatement here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this fragrance on a friend of mine, so of course I bought it. I definatley realized it is far too 'heavy'. I am not a fan of musky scents and this dried down to a very deep musk/rose which is great on others..not on me. I reccomend trying it first if you don't normally wear strong perfume. Oh...and I gave it a 1 on the packaging...very 'Dynasty' from the 80's..lol..!