October 21, 2014 | 800 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lauren93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love it! Very good smell. Made my hair shiny and soft. I'm gonna buy it again. Worht it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Snerby1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what a review below said, this product DOES contain sulfates

ingredient list is at: http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/bottled-shampoos/big

So do a lot of the other Lush shampoos too. In fact, looking through their shampoos MOST of them contain SLS.

I'm not saying that makes them bad, just be aware that they have it. I have keratin straightened hair and can't use SLS shampoo, was really keen to try a Lush 'poo as I like their other products and was really surprised to see SLS in the one I wanted to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The scent of this has a really powerful effect on me - every time I smell it it just me feel like Spring/Summer is about to begin, and I can just close my eyes and imagine being on a beach! I think it's because I associate this shampoo with the summertime, I've been using it for years but I don't use much during the winter when I prefer to use a very hydrating product. BIG shampoo is great for clarifying and getting out all of the gel and salt sprays etc that i use in my hair, leaving it incredibly shiny, swishy and light feeling, and my scalp always feels awesome after using this too. I only use this one a week and use a gentler shampoo for other washes because this can definitely be drying if used too much. I apply a small blob on wet hair then leave for a minute for the salt to melt a little before lathering in, because if I lather immediately I feel that the salt maybe rips my hair a little. Apparently the effect you get depends on the water type you have (or so I was told in the Lush store) - the softer the water the more volumizing this product will be. I don't get much volumizing in my hard water area, but I have thick hair anyway and so that isn't really a problem.The smell is AMAZING - it smells like lemon margaritas (not sweet at all), beaches and fresh air, if that makes any sense!? I've taken a point off for the packaging because it's just so awful. It's impossible to use it without getting water in the jar, so after a while the product becomes a thin, watery, mushy mess: Surely lush could come up with a better container that's still environmentally friendly??

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mandylinox

The type of my hair is really oily and median thick. I have to wash my hair everyday or it gets really greasy. I have gone through 4 bottles ( in 12 months), so the price for 4 pots is about $100, but for the quality and effect I got from Big and the also it last quite long good , I am willing to do repurchase! I just bought 2 more yesterday.
First of all, it smells really nice in my opinion, and I do believe it help my hair because I get a lot of compliment after gone through my first bottle. Although it may seems to dry my hair after blow drying it, but when I look closely to my hair, it's actually shiner and less rough on the edge. I used to have tons of slip end, and now I can say I only have a few, it helps (90%) of my damage hair( after half year), I also use R&B after wash my hair, and they both are the must have for me.
The salt in the shampoo does a wonderful job to clean my scalp and freshen it up. I don't know what to do if lush discontinue it..... PLEASE DON'T STOP MAKING THIS SHAMPOO

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by prettypuppies

I have short fine hair and this product works like CRAZY. It does not dry your hair out like most "volumizing" shampoos which tend to dry out thin hair. and can be used everyday - removes all product from your hair and leaves it shiny and soft without being greasy or heavy...It is by far the best shampoo I have ever used, even though it is kinda pricey (27.50) you use a small amount and it goes a loong way....it smells terrific and definitely worth the $$ spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by spellofparis

I first used Big at a friends house. After drying my hair, build-up from other products was gone, only squeaky-clean hair and scalp were left. I ended up buying Big months later and now it's part of my hair regimen. If one were to use exclusively, I can see how it can dry out hair. It does have salt and lime in it. To avoid dryness, I only use it once a week or whenever my hair really dirty.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BIG Shampoo is YUCK. I honestly don't know how this can be one of their bestsellers. Ugggh...can't stand the smell of this product or the texture of it. The sea salt makes it crunchy and gloopy, very unlike normal shampoo, and it doesn't foam up a lot on your hair. Also, your hair tends to feel a little dry after you rinse it out in the shower. Fortunately, my hair looks shiny, healthy and super volumized after I blow dry it, and the American Cream conditioner somewhat covers up the smell of Big, so I won't be tossing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I used to use this ages ago because my hair gets oily quickly and the salt crystals really help to tone down the oil. It smells amazing, almost like a mojito, the texture is odd - looks like rice pudding - but it really works, soft hair, volume and most of all CLEAN hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

didn't give volume at all and my scalp got greasy fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ayling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Big with high expectations. Loved the smell and the strange salty texture. Also promised lots so I thought I'd give a try. Went home and jumped in the shower...lo and behold...my dry, overdyed, lifeless hair turned into...no, not a silky supershiny mane, but a tangled lump! When blowdried, my hair was all frazzled and drier than ever! Full of flyaways! I hated it and sent a long email to Lush (which they responded to very nicely). The next morning, to my amazement, I woke up with shiny, healthy hair. It was quite bizarre, the drastic overnight improvement. I so wanted to love Big that I used it again and again, and the results got better and better! My hair is moving again, which is a first in years. It still gets somewhat frazzled right after showering and stays that way for a bit, so I only use Big at night. Strange but true...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No