The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Rice, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Limonene.

on 1/17/2005 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best scrub I've tried, and I have been searching for quite a while. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it (quality of very expensive scrubs for half the price). It's quite abrasive, so a little goes a long way. It left my skin soft, polished, and smelling great. It even moisturizes, so I didn't feel like my skin was bursting by the time I applied the lotion. Don't think I'll change it any time soon.

on 1/16/2005 1:02:00 PM

I bought this product because I was trying to find a decent scrub after I finished using my B&BW. Anyway, I find that it is pretty good, smells good and doesn't leave you feeling too greasy (or the floor either). The only problem is that I found that the grains do not wash away that easy and sometimes when I am drying myself off, I fidnd remaining grains on my body. Other than that, it is good. I wouldn't mind buying it again, however I have found other ones that I am more impressed with.

on 1/16/2005 10:35:00 AM

In my opinion, this is the best TBS body scrub. Itīs grainy and lovely and I feel really scrubbed after using this. It doesnīt leave a greasy film on the skin like some other TBS scrubs do. It also leaves my skin silky smooth and there is no need to moisturise afterwards.

everything about this, from the choco-yummy scent (I had to resist the urge to have a taste of the product!) to the almond-shell bits + creamy texture rock!!! left my skin smooth, though not exactly silky like Totally Juicy, but it primed my skin for absorbtion of my nivea moisturizer. The cocoa butter scent too, lingered on till the next morning with a very subtle, sexy finish. If only this scrub was edible :p Hmmm... a TBS top pick!

on 12/23/2004 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a top of the line body scrub. The scent is also wonderful. It exfoliates very well. It really works great if you use it before shaving your legs. Then its hello goddess. The grains do not dissolve like some salt and/or sugar based scrubs.

on 11/25/2004 2:05:00 PM

this stuff is amazing!! may become my HG scrub. it smells sooo good, and i love how scrubby it is. leaves my skin super soft and smooth, with no greasy residue! pricey, but worth it! i much prefer this over LUSH's buffy - works better, smells better, and is relatively cheaper!

on 11/20/2004 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well I had high hopes after reading the reviews here. But i was not impressed at all. I used to use St.Ives apricot scrub on my body. But that left my skin dry n red sometimes. So i thought this might be a nice scrub. The grains were hard n felt like hurting on my skin. I even tried softly, but it was too harsh..St.Ives was way better.
It smelled delicious though. Yummy! And my skin did feel soft n moisturised right after shower. But the effect was temporary. N after a few days the skin on my buTT and thigh developed small bumps. Gross!
It's expensive.Not worth it at all.Never gonna buy this again.
UPDATE: I noticed that my skin had small scratches!OMG...I cant believe this.This must be one of the worst body scrubs out there!!Shame..

on 10/22/2004 5:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This the best I've tried. Smells very-very nice, washes off without any oily residue and it works. Can't ask for more than that.

on 10/22/2004 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

OMG, im in love with this scrub. first of all, it smells absolutely divine--like a mixture of hazlenut, chocolate, and vanilla. second of all it leaves my skin sooo silky smooth! i will definitely repurchase. not too happy about the 16 dollar price tag, but im in love...

on 10/3/2004 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used some body scrubs in the past, but none was outstanding in any way. While wandering in my local Body Shop I noticed the myriad of scrubs they have to offer. A quick chat with the salesperson showed this scrub is almost the only one that's not a salt/sugar scrub - which I dislike. The gentle chocolate-vanilla smell appealed to me, so I bought it despite the high price tag (with discount card it's about $15 CAD for just 200ml). Boy was I surprised at how good this scrub is...it left my skin smooth and silky without being drying or greasy. The scrubbing agents (almond/rice powder) might feel a bit scratchy, but the key is to use a gentle hand. I don't need a large amount each time, so 200ml might just last me a little while. I wish this comes in a tube instead of a tub, and that the price would be cheaper, but I can see myself buying this again - it's that good.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products