October 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2004 1:37:00 PM More reviews by pink_pantees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I had high hopes after reading the reviews here. But i was not impressed at all. I used to use St.Ives apricot scrub on my body. But that left my skin dry n red sometimes. So i thought this might be a nice scrub. The grains were hard n felt like hurting on my skin. I even tried softly, but it was too harsh..St.Ives was way better.
It smelled delicious though. Yummy! And my skin did feel soft n moisturised right after shower. But the effect was temporary. N after a few days the skin on my buTT and thigh developed small bumps. Gross!
It's expensive.Not worth it at all.Never gonna buy this again.
UPDATE: I noticed that my skin had small scratches!OMG...I cant believe this.This must be one of the worst body scrubs out there!!Shame..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 5:25:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This the best I've tried. Smells very-very nice, washes off without any oily residue and it works. Can't ask for more than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 4:33:00 AM More reviews by gossipkween

OMG, im in love with this scrub. first of all, it smells absolutely divine--like a mixture of hazlenut, chocolate, and vanilla. second of all it leaves my skin sooo silky smooth! i will definitely repurchase. not too happy about the 16 dollar price tag, but im in love...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by minicapybara

I've used some body scrubs in the past, but none was outstanding in any way. While wandering in my local Body Shop I noticed the myriad of scrubs they have to offer. A quick chat with the salesperson showed this scrub is almost the only one that's not a salt/sugar scrub - which I dislike. The gentle chocolate-vanilla smell appealed to me, so I bought it despite the high price tag (with discount card it's about $15 CAD for just 200ml). Boy was I surprised at how good this scrub is...it left my skin smooth and silky without being drying or greasy. The scrubbing agents (almond/rice powder) might feel a bit scratchy, but the key is to use a gentle hand. I don't need a large amount each time, so 200ml might just last me a little while. I wish this comes in a tube instead of a tub, and that the price would be cheaper, but I can see myself buying this again - it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by TekkaMakki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scrub smells fantastic - and it looks more like something you might eat than exfoliate yourself with, a chocolatey vanilla dessert. Anyway, using it one a week keeps my skin very smooth, and it really doesn't dry it out either. It's true that the grains are pretty big and coarse (though I wouldn't really know, this is the second scrub I've ever bought), but this means that you only need to use a small quantity each time. I will definitely go back for some more :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 10:23:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

This stuff smells amazing! It smells like Almond and Chocolate. It is the perfect scrub in my opinion. Since it is not made with salt or sugar it does not melt away in the shower, so you can srub as little or as much as you want with it. I use it on my hands every few days and my body once a week or when I have the time. I am going back to buy more from the Cocoa Butter line!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2004 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this scrub a lot. The scrubbing particles have perfect size, not too big or too coarse, also not too small. It smells like chocolate (I almost want to eat it). It does not leave a greasy layer of oil on your skin as some of the salt or sugar scrubs. When I bought it, I was almost talked into by the saleslady to get the Mango Scrub. I did not get the Mango Scrub because I noticed the difference between these two scrubs is not just the smell but also the scrubbing agent. The Mango Scrub uses salt crystals as the scrubbing agent and the Cocoa Butter version uses ground rice and almond stone granules. Since most salt and sugar scrubs are soaked in oil, they usually are much more greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2004 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MMPiano313

Every time I use this stuff, I look at it and think to myself, I'll bet this would taste really, really delicious. It smells like a dessert, seriously. It's the best thing I have bought from TBS, and I've bought a lot. I use it before I shave my legs and I swear that I get better results, but honestly, even if it did nothing else, I'd use it for the smell. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by speedoairhed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is SO awesome. i love it. i got it becuase my friend loves the body shop, so i wanted to try it and i love it. it is a great scrub and doesnt leave u feeling too *squeaky* clean. if u use the body butter after, ur skin feels so soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this scrub. It has a creamy texture, which I prefer to the salt/oil scrubs, and it smells wonderful. It does a great job buffing my skin, without being overly harsh. However, I got this as a gift and I just saw the price on it the other day- $16 for 200ml. It is a little pricey for me (for the amount in the tub) so I don't think I'll be repurchasing unless it goes on sale.