Maybelline Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

3.2

on 7/10/2010 4:21:00 AM

First let me explain how I apply this product. I use a damp sea sponge(very well squeezed) to apply it. I draw the product under my eyes like a crayon and also put a small amount on my lids as a base for my eye shadow. I blend it in light sweeping motions with the damp sea sponge until it completely blended in and then I apply it to other areas that may need some concealer. I use a sea sponge because I don't like to upset the delicate eye area too much, particularly when I use a stick concealer. I really like this concealer. It does exactly what it says. It removes dark shadows and it gives a lovely natural finish provided you apply it properly. Great value for money and much better than some of the more expensive concealers on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this concealer. Maybelline does make the best concealers. First off, this concealer is very creamy. I love how easy it glides on. And it stays on fairly well. I mostly use it for my under-eyes. Make sure, if your using it for your under-eyes, to buy a shade 2 lighter than your natural skin color. This is the best drugstore concealer in my view. It covers my little here and there blemishes. It blends so well too.

on 6/23/2010 8:00:00 PM

I really dont like this concealer, First of all its YELLOW! I tought it would hide my dark circle but the yellow really doesnt do anything it just make under my eye a yellow creamy look and its so hard to put on cuz its hard and creamy and it doesnt have a lot in it! Not going to buy this again!

on 6/16/2010 7:27:00 PM

I have very prominent undereye circles, and concealers from brands like MAC have failed to help me solve the problem. It was probably foolish of me to expect something from a cheap concealer like this one, but I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, it doesn't perform at all. It makes the area under my eyes look very very yellow, contrasting with the other skin. If I try to put foundation over it, it comes off. strangely enough, it doesn't wash off too well. I didn't like this product at all.

I LOVE this concealer! it covers blemishes amazingly and I love the creaminess of it. If i use it under my foundation it rubs off when I apply my foundation (could this be the other reviewers' problem?) but, un-traditionally, I tried this over my foundation before I apply my powder and once set it stays put all day- it is one of my favorite concealers!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am really frustrated by the shades in this line, especially since the cover stick itself is super for blemishes and discoloration (really opaque, light-textured, stays on forever). I just can't find a shade to match my fair, yellow-toned skin. They are all either TOO pale, TOO pink, or TOO yellow. I've bought four different shades over the years, and I just don't think Maybelline has the knack for matching to natural skin tones (at least not with this particular concealer). This is why I've used Cover Girl and Physicians Formula liquid and cream concealers for years, even though I like the Maybelline stick formulation better.

I will say, this is not a good concealer for the eye area if you're over 25. It's too dry and cakey, and settles into every crease.

this looks very cakey when applied moderately. is hard to use also undereyes as it pulls and tugs. would not put on blemishes either as it is very waxey. it can be layered but i would not recommend.

on 6/2/2010 7:44:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 5 years! Even though at times it does look cakey when I apply, most of the time you can't even notice my acne scars. Unfortunately they don't have my correct skin tone, if they did that would've been great. The product is affordable too!

on 5/31/2010 2:00:00 AM

well, at first i loved this. i thought it covered everything i needed covered wonderfully. but after a couple of months of using this stuff, i realized how dry and cakey it looks sometimes. you have to moisturize reaaally well. also, it kind of accentuates fine lines.. i'm only 15 too -.-

on 5/24/2010 9:43:00 PM

I was really surprised with this product! It actually is waterproof and is very creamy. It can wipe off easily but if you dont touch it, it can take any kind of water. I was very pleased for it only being five dollars!

Popular Primer/ Correctors