Maybelline Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

3.2

on 6/23/2010 8:00:00 PM

I really dont like this concealer, First of all its YELLOW! I tought it would hide my dark circle but the yellow really doesnt do anything it just make under my eye a yellow creamy look and its so hard to put on cuz its hard and creamy and it doesnt have a lot in it! Not going to buy this again!

on 6/16/2010 7:27:00 PM

I have very prominent undereye circles, and concealers from brands like MAC have failed to help me solve the problem. It was probably foolish of me to expect something from a cheap concealer like this one, but I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, it doesn't perform at all. It makes the area under my eyes look very very yellow, contrasting with the other skin. If I try to put foundation over it, it comes off. strangely enough, it doesn't wash off too well. I didn't like this product at all.

I LOVE this concealer! it covers blemishes amazingly and I love the creaminess of it. If i use it under my foundation it rubs off when I apply my foundation (could this be the other reviewers' problem?) but, un-traditionally, I tried this over my foundation before I apply my powder and once set it stays put all day- it is one of my favorite concealers!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am really frustrated by the shades in this line, especially since the cover stick itself is super for blemishes and discoloration (really opaque, light-textured, stays on forever). I just can't find a shade to match my fair, yellow-toned skin. They are all either TOO pale, TOO pink, or TOO yellow. I've bought four different shades over the years, and I just don't think Maybelline has the knack for matching to natural skin tones (at least not with this particular concealer). This is why I've used Cover Girl and Physicians Formula liquid and cream concealers for years, even though I like the Maybelline stick formulation better.

I will say, this is not a good concealer for the eye area if you're over 25. It's too dry and cakey, and settles into every crease.

this looks very cakey when applied moderately. is hard to use also undereyes as it pulls and tugs. would not put on blemishes either as it is very waxey. it can be layered but i would not recommend.

on 6/2/2010 7:44:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 5 years! Even though at times it does look cakey when I apply, most of the time you can't even notice my acne scars. Unfortunately they don't have my correct skin tone, if they did that would've been great. The product is affordable too!

on 5/31/2010 2:00:00 AM

well, at first i loved this. i thought it covered everything i needed covered wonderfully. but after a couple of months of using this stuff, i realized how dry and cakey it looks sometimes. you have to moisturize reaaally well. also, it kind of accentuates fine lines.. i'm only 15 too -.-

on 5/24/2010 9:43:00 PM

I was really surprised with this product! It actually is waterproof and is very creamy. It can wipe off easily but if you dont touch it, it can take any kind of water. I was very pleased for it only being five dollars!

on 5/24/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great concealer, used it for years. My skin type is pale with yellow undertones, oily but clear (no real acne problems) and I have dark circles. I’ve never had to use concealer in the mass amount.. but this is great great great for eyes. I’ve got a darkish yellow tone going on around my eyes and this evens out the tone with an added bonus.. since I’ve oily skin I have a problem with eyeshadows creasing or fading. I find some eyeshadow primers too drying.. but this consistency is just right. So it conceals dark discoloration and also provides for a nice smooth lasting base for my eyeshadows. As far as packaging.. I'm not fond of stick concealers because I dont apply directly from the tube to my skin and I find concealers in a pot are easier to scoop with a spatula than stick concealers are.. but for the price and what it does.. it's amazing.

I love this product and I hate this product..

PROS:
- Its the perfect colour to match my pale skin (ivory)
- Cover my imperfections really well (I dont use foundation as everysingle one I have tried clogges my skin and I like my skin to be able to breath and look natural but dont want to go around with red spots on my face)
- Really good creamy formula for use all over face and under eyes.

CONS:
I use it to cover my pimples while they go away and then it It gives me pimples :(:( but I still use it because I cant find anything else that covers as well :(:(

If someone knows of something better let me know!

Popular Primer/ Correctors