TendSkin Tend Skin

3.9

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

on 8/1/2007 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I agree with the general consensus that this stuff is horribly overpriced for what it is, but that said, it really does work. Until I figure out how to make it or feel like going to the trouble to, I'll continue to buy it because it really does the trick keeping ingrowns in check after I get waxed. My boyfriend also uses it to prevent razor burn and he likes it too. A little goes a long way and I've had my bottle for months so it's not something I need to replace that often, at least.

on 8/1/2007 1:27:00 PM

I've used it for years and it works. I try to use a small amount and feel that a little goes a long way. I agree with everyone else though - it is over-priced, but that's the cost of beauty, I suppose.

on 7/20/2007 12:22:00 AM

Works well but it is too expensive.. I paid around $25 for it.. it's outrageous. You can go through it pretty quickly too which makes the price insane. If anyone knows how to make it, please message me.

on 7/8/2007 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A small bottle of this is practically 20 bucks, but it does work on my legs and underarms to keep ingrowns from developing. I actually prefer the homemade version of this and its cheaper to make. A pretty decent product in my book to try.

on 5/28/2007 7:23:00 PM

I love this stuff! But it should be cheaper. I use it every other day everywhere except my scalp and below my knees. It keeps my bump-prone skin clearer than it's ever been. Acne stays away, ingrown hairs are minimal, and the little painful red bumps I used to get on my bum are history. I've used Tend Skin for at least 5 years, and only stopped for the 9 months I was pregnant with my daughter. I only wish someone would tell me how to make this myself...

on 5/15/2007 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's outrageously expensive for what it is, but to tell the truth, it really has worked very well for me. I have a serious problem with ingrown hairs (regular exfoliation with scrubs did not help) and was willing to try pretty much anything. I really like that it helps to heal existing ingrowns as well as prevent new ones. This stuff is harsh, true. It definitely stings right after shaving/waxing and that is not pleasant. But overall using TendSkin is relatively pain-free compared to what I used to have to do to "fix" ingrowns and a lot less likely to cause scarring and whatnot.

on 5/12/2007 5:20:00 AM

It's quite a strong product but used daily has been the only thing that's worked to stop post-shaving irritation bumps around the bikini line and has left my skin really smooth. I've started using it on the little bumps on my upper arms and it seems to work on that too although it's probably a bit too harsh to use on facial blemishes. Not cheap though. One of the main ingredients is aspirin so a home-made solution of crushed aspirin mixed with water might have a similar effect.

on 4/27/2007 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this knowing that it would smell bad. I thought I could put up with it. Not only was the smell horendous, but the product was awful. I used it twice a day (as recommended). After two days I stopped, the smell lingered and my skin started to peel away!
Luckily, I bought this at Sephora, so I was able to return it and get my $21 back.

on 3/29/2007 1:06:00 PM

I always get ingrown hairs to the bikini area especially from waxing, this product helps clear them up in no time. I use this product for several days after waxing, or when I spot ingrown hairs after having shaved against the grain.

I used to make my own aspirin toner in the past, this is great alternative to have kicking around as it takes away the fuss and has a longer shell life. I dont like using this product on my face as it really messes up the balance of oils in my skin.

on 3/26/2007 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite product ever, its my secret weapon on pimples!!!! I use this after I get a bikini wax by applying it to a cotton ball and trust me, if you get a pimple, apply some to a Q-tip and dab twice a day, within 24 hours it will be gone.