Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 5/20/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Heartless, unnatural, highly artificial.

on 5/17/2008 11:07:00 AM

What a big disappointment this perfume was to me!
It did not survive its name at all. I expected a gorgeous, intoxicating flowery fragrance and all I could smell was the usual overwhelming potion made from tons of mixed flowers (with some of them rottening).
Just a pretty bottle, and that's all.

on 5/14/2008 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This one is tricky. First sprayed on the skin, I got jasmine and nothing else. Dizzy, stomach ache inducing jasmine. But then I laid out my clothes on the bed and sprayed it over them before I went to shower, just so that they were gently misted. I spent the rest of the day sniffing drafts of a lovely and complicated scent. Two days later, I could still smell most of the notes on my comforter and I knew it was a keeper.

on 5/1/2008 1:55:00 AM

Yes, it's generic. Yes, it can be headache-inducing on the wearer, but it's somehow the most compliment-inducing perfume I own. I suppose the majority of people tend to like generic perfumes and are not as picky as the BaseNotes community or Luca Turin (who did give Beyond Paradise a 5 :P). It does smell nice, rather beachy and watery, though with a slightly chemical note. Oh, and the spray cap leaves something to be desired, perfumes that "twist" to close are a pet peeve of mine.

on 4/27/2008 1:20:00 PM

I like this fragrance, but I wouldn't say I love it. It smells a little too strong when I first spray it on, but it smells much better after I have it on a while. I tried the Beyond Paradise Blue last month, and I think I might like that one better.

on 4/8/2008 1:23:00 AM

Can you say "sickeningly sweet"? Yeah, you got it, that's what this perfume smells like. Sweet and then sweet and finally exotic sweet. Unoriginal, it reminds of cheap drugstore fragrances. The worst of Estee Lauder fragrances.

on 3/30/2008 5:10:00 PM

Eyes say yes, nose says yes, but not on me.

The bottle is incredibly pretty. The sad thing is that the perfume, too, is better in the bottle. I bought this without trying it on my skin, which turned out to be a sad mistake. It smelled lovely by itself, but on me, it just did not work. I blame this on myself - I am not at all someone to pull of such a Eden-like scent. It smells angelic, and that makes me feel like a wolf in sheep clothes.

It's sweet to spritz on light bulbs, though, as it fits my room better than my body.

on 3/23/2008 3:28:00 PM

This smell is too strong, although i would've liked it if it was more diluted.....it almost makes me puke......i would never buy it again

on 3/19/2008 11:53:00 AM

This reveiw is going to be short and sweet. I've heard Beyond Paradise described as the perfect floral.....and it is. A hot, humid, tropical floral. I cant wait to wear this when its stifling hot outside. Anyway, Beyond Paradise smells to me what the Garden of Eden must have smelled like......paradise....Beyond Paradise. Since the Garden of Eden was perfect in every way it makes sense that Beyond Paradise is called Beyond Paradise.

on 2/23/2008 3:00:00 PM

My favourite perfume! It smells very clear and bright and i never think of it as overpowering.However it is rather expensive for everyday wear.But it is the loveliest scent i have found so far.

Popular Fragrances