NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 9/6/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

*nods* .. Y-E-S ... this is one of NARS best ever in my opinion!! Lovejoy is just stunning. On my NC40 skin, this delivers the perfect sunkissed glow that is just a smidge over "nude" cheeks. Nice pigmentation and gorgeous gold shimmer. This is the perfect blush to pair with bronzey eye makeup, and also looks great to top off a smokey eye without adding too much to compete with the eyes. This is probably the one NARS blush I use more than any of my 20+. A definite must have for a bronzed look!

on 8/19/2009 10:10:00 PM

I have this in the duo with Albatross. Love both. Lovejoy is such a gorgeous color. I'm not sure I can add much to the great descriptions everyone else has provided. It's just a beautiful rosy bronze that looks good on nearly everyone. I apply with MAC 188 as I tend to be heavy handed and this seems to do the trick. Near perfect blush IMO>

on 8/19/2009 9:55:00 PM

I found the perfect blush for me. Lovejoy is a bronzey rose that looks so natural. Lasts all day, doesn't break me out and it gives me that glow (if you know what I mean). I think they got Lovejoy and Orgasm mixed up. HG for me !!

LOVE this blush. For sure Holy Grail status. In fact I have two almost new ones because I thought I lost one and couldn't live without it. This is the perfect shade of blush for me, (only took me 10+ years to figure that out!) it's a beautiful bronzey rose that is pigmented enough to show up on my skin but not look to overwhelming like some Nars blushes can do. It's very similar to Cargo's Topeka but has much better staying power and isn't as quite shimmery as Topeka.

on 6/24/2009 11:20:00 AM

I really like this blush....the color is perfect for me, gives me a nice bronzey/rosey color and the staying power is excellent. It has much better staying power than MAC blushes. I have no idea if I will ever run out of this, I have had it since December and wear it almost everyday and It still looks brand new. But when I do run out I will for sure buy it again.

on 6/10/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is beautiful, I'm amazed that it didn't occur to me to get it sooner. It is a slightly warm toned bronzed rose with golden shimmer and it is perfect for summer nights. Also, it is one of the few NARS blushes that I can apply with a normal blush brush without it looking "too much". Unlike other blushes with bronze tones (like Chanel's Rose Bronze JC), it didn't pull orange on me at all. Lovejoy would look gorgeous on anyone with warm toned skin, but I think it would also work on cooler ladies, as the warm tones wouldn't be overwhelming. Will definitely purchase again!

on 6/9/2009 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this is my HG blush! if i can only have one blush forever, this would be it. this is the blush that i can put on everyday with any m/u looks,from dramatic to natural. it makes my cheeks glowy & naturally flushed. never disappointed with this. it's a staple in my m/u collection.
i apply this with my MAC 168. this is the blush i reach the most of all the blushes i own.
this is like blush+bronzer in one= blonzer.

Pros: gorgeous & natural looking color,very pigmented, lasting power is good on the cheeks,great texture,nice shimmer,very blendable & it doesn't break out my sensitive & dry skin (eczema)..

Cons: i don't know if there's any..

Color: warm rose-bronze with shimmer..

Packaging: i really like NARS black compact,it even has a mirror.. very sturdy & slim.. easy to bring for travelling or just to bring for touch-up inside the purse..

Price: for $25 USD, i personally think it's reasonable for the quality.

Repurchase: yep, in a heartbeat! ♥

for reference: i'm NC35-37,dark brown eyes & hair. sensitive & dry skin.

on 6/4/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful neutral rose shade that looks great on my fair skin. It wears well throughout the day. I do agree with others that the packaging tends to get smudgey and dirty looking, which is unfortunate, because other than that, I like the packaging. I got this in a duo with albatross, which is a yellowish white highlighter. It is way too shiny for my taste to use on my cheeks, but I use it as an eyeshadow highlighter.

on 5/22/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have to say, I love this blush. When I first saw this in the tester at sephora I was a little wary of this. Mostly because it was covered in fingerprints and there were chunks of glitter everywhere. When the MA applied this to my hand all I could see was glitter and a little bit of color. I don't know why I decided to buy it but I did. The first time I wore it out I caught my reflection in a mirror. O M G! It looked so beautiful. It really made my cheeks looked flushed and glowy without looking ridiculous. I could wear this blush with anything. It's a staple for me. I would buy this again and again, even if I could find a dupe. I don't know why but I just love the look and feel of NARS packaging....makes me seem important.

on 5/18/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I kept putting off getting this blush since I already owned MAC X-rocks which is a supposed "dupe". However, now that I finally caved and have NARS lovejoy, I find that this is not anything like x-rocks imo. I personally prefer this to MAC x-rocks, which I found to be rather sheer. As with almost all NARS products, lovejoy is top notch quality..soft, easy to blend, and highly pigmented. Color wise, I found MAC x-rocks to be more brown with rose. NARS lovejoy however seems more bronzed rose, which looks lovely on my ruddy cheeks and MAC NC30-35 skin tone. In the pan lovejoy looks to have tons of shimmer, however, once applied, it all sort of buffs out and no shimmer is to be seen. NOTE** Be careful not to over apply as this is very pigmented and too much will make you look got wind-burned! :X

Popular Blush Products