Almay Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

3.3

on 5/30/2004 10:42:00 PM

probably the best DS powder i have tried.

on 5/28/2004 1:56:00 PM

This is a nice powder - I don't like it quite as much as Almay's Oil Blotting Powder, which was discontinued, but this powder is still better than most. Does a good job at controlling oilies, doesn't cake or turn orange, and the price is right. The color "Translucent" is perfect for my fair skin.

on 5/28/2004 1:56:00 PM

on 5/10/2004 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like!! Comming from someone with oily skin, this product is one of the best drug store products at controlling oil and NEVER getting cackey. Looks so natural, just as natural as neutrogena but MUCH better quality. Nice coverage too, covers un even skin tone quite well and NEVER gave my a single pimple.

on 1/22/2004 6:20:00 PM

Wonderful stuff. I buy this by the dozen as I am literally afraid of running out!!!
I have been using it in Ivory as it is a great match. However the best thing about this product is that it prevents breakouts as it contains salicyclic acid. Just make sure you change the powder puff regularly and you'l never have any breakout problems from this product unlike so many others out there. It's cheap too!
Buy it today!

on 11/25/2003 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used this pressed powder in Translucent for as long as I can remember. It gives my foundation a nice matte finish. I love that it doesn't interfere with the shade of my foundation. No problems with breakouts either. Great product for the price.

on 11/24/2003 6:14:00 PM

I have been using this product for a few years and love it. I have it in ivory, which is is a pretty good match for my skin. The powder always goes on lightly and is never cakey. I am acne prone and have never had any problems with this product. The only downside is that it doesn't do a fabulous job of protecting against shine. But that doesn't bother me too much since it wasn't very expensive and it lasts for a long time. I already have my next one waiting to be used!

on 10/28/2003 12:58:00 PM

I can't believe I actually found a powder light enough for my super pale skin!! I almost fainted when I opened the compact in the store to find a very light non-pink(!) neutral shade(translucent). It goes on smooth. The color stays true. No turning orange or muddy pink. I am going back to buy the loose powder in the same shade!

on 8/22/2003 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really surprised with this product. I received it in a swap, and I was shocked by the white color of the powder. I used it though and its really not bad, it doesn't look really thick or nasty and provides minimal coverage over my foundation. YES, this is a keeper

on 8/8/2003 3:14:00 PM

I agree with the other review. This is a great product for the price. I also wear translucent and this is a runner up to my Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Powder. It doesn't prevent shine quite as long as the LM but it looks natural (not pasty like some translucent powders) and never cakes and never breaks me out. For the price, this is a very good powder.