August 1, 2014 | 1278 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyes are hazel with significantly more green than brown but you usually can't tell. This shadow really helps pull the green out more. It is very much like a warmer version of Satin Taupe. I'm NW20 but I could see this being flattering on a wide variety of skin tones. It doesn't pull too plummy or too red on me and I don't get the "tired look" that some people claim.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pam85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eye shadow definitely! I actually bought this around 7 years ago, as I loved the color but wasn't much of an eye shadow wearer then, so only started wearing it recently. It's a beautiful, champagne, pink, brown color on my skin, which looks equally as good as a daytime eyeshadow, as it does at a night time shadow.

It has just the right amount of color in it. It makes my dark complexion "pop" and really draws attention to my eyes in a natural way. I think it would look equally as good on fair complexions too. All you need is my liquid liner at the top and lots of mascara and you'll look like a star!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The color is actually not as red as it looks in the pot or in the photos of it in the pan. Sable is a rich, warm dark brown. It applies and blends effortlessly and is overall a very beautiful color!~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by swinfrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

*picture included* I only bought this shadow as a suggestion from a MAC associate but after using it for the first time today I had to come & write a review. I LOVE it! The color in the pan doesn't do it justice. It's a brownish/pink (think Mulch meets Expensive pink) color and goes the texture is amazing. I'm wearing it as a lid color with Tempting in the crease and Retro Speck as a highlight. This color would go great with browns, plums & neutral colors for an everyday look. I have a feeling I'm going to go through this shadow pretty quick.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Cheetokisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture the color everything about this eyeshadow it looks gorgeous on its own or on the crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I absolutely adore this eyeshadow and its one of my top 5 MAC eyeshadows! Its a great all over lid colour paired with a brown (I usually wear it with Handwritten) to make my blue eyes pop! I get so many compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing on my eyes. If I want to smoke it out for a night time look I just add carbon to the outter v and lower lash line. Its pigmented, long wearing and I have little to no fallout when applying it. I will always and forever have this eyeshadow in my makeup collection. Go out and buy this now! You will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My search for the perfect brown shadow is over! Sable is a georgeous plummy brown shadow with a hint of copper, is highly pigmented and applies like a dream. Very silky texture and minimal fallout. Looks great with a wide range of colors; I love it with NYX Flamingo - a pretty rose with gold, MAC Naked Lunch as a highlighter and UD 1999 24/7 pencil liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ambercole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very beautiful eyeshadow on alot of people and I wanted it to work for me. Unfortunately it just made me look tired and like I had been crying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by davyjonessays

Definitely my go-to lid colour. Blendable, wearable, and very beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the 4 pallette eyeshadows on holidays in August! Only (very) recently, I realised the brown one I loved was Sable...not Tempting!! Woops! I love it! The texture is amazing and it is so pigmented. I love wearing it with a light colour like Retrospeck on the lid and Sable in the crease. I have read it is amazing on it's own on the lid. I need to try this! I haven't been brave enough just yet!!