December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i love this stuff. i got it in linen to use under eye shadow, and it works wonders. i just use one tiny dot on each lid and spread it around with my finger, and voila! no more eyelid discoloration, and eyeshadow stays on all day long. even without eyeshadow, it makes my eyes look better. specifically, i think it makes my lashline look more defined. but you only need to use a tiny tiny dot. i think anything more may look cakey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

I wanted to try this as an under eye concealer because I liked the idea of a wand and thought it might be quick and easy and natural looking, since it's obviously creamier than a cake concealer. The SA insisted on using the LM Concealer under my eyes (which totally didn't work for me), but she did use this on my lids and based on that, I have to say that this stuff, at least for how I would use it, is terrible! I don't wear eyeshadow, so maybe it is good as a base, but on it's own, for covering up rather reddish eyelids, it sits on the lids rather like you would think white watercolor paint would. Frightening.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2005 6:13:00 AM More reviews by nabz

i gave this a 3 for pricing because i'm not sure how much excatly it sells for as i received it free with other LM's purchase. i have this in wheat, only tried it once today on its own because i thought it gave me a nice awake look. by 4pm though it has creased and looked sort of uneven.. might be because i wore it on its own. will try with eyeshadow on top of it later.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by LouLouC

This is the best eyeshadow base hands down. Can also be used alone. Wonderful, cool feel on the eyelid. Absolutely does not crease, and the colors are superbly neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2004 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in last year's holiday kit and use it as an eyeshadow base. I love it for many reasons, but most of all for how easy it is to apply. I am neurotic about not tugging on my eye area and this stuff just glides on and then *presto* your eyelids are all one tone and ready for eyeshadow--which, of course will last longer because you've applied the eye basics. I've found my eyes look more popped when I use this as opposed to if I get lazy and just do eyeshadow alone. Will definitely buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by muggin

I have this in Wheat and have only ever used it as an eyeshadow base, not on its own. The mu artist who put it on me suggested it for getting rid of the darkness at the inner corners of my eyes, which it does beautifully. The bonus? It's the end of the day and my eyeshadow looks EXACTLY the same as it did 12 hours ago when I put it on - no creasing and no fading! Joy! I will definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 7:42:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I never know something like this exist until I visit LM's counter and then I started doing research what's out there beside the eye basics. After some questions asking, I decided to purchase LM in Linen. I never regret my decission because I basically skip the whole concealer step when I have this product on. I get this 'awake' look that I have been trying to make when I put concealer on and never end with satisfaction result. Then...oh Yes baby, it holds my eye shadows from morning till night. I see m'self buying this again in the future...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 12:47:00 PM More reviews by rthusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased mine in Wheat. It was a really nice base color that I would use alone with out other eye shadow over it, but the texture of it makes my eyes look "older." It doesn't sit well in the eye crease either. I loved the initial polished look it lent to my eyes though. Easy to spread/blend over eyes, and I still think it is a very flattering shade for my eyes and skin tone. It is a lot lighter than it might appear in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2004 2:42:00 PM More reviews by melly7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff but I actually wear it as shadow alone in the Mocha shade which is the darkest. Applies smoothly with my taklon brush and lasts very well. I only gave it a 3 in the price category cause it is pretty expensive - if you like this product you could try Avon Triple Benefits shadow, it's the same thing nearly and can be gotten on sale for $3.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Wonderful. Blends to a perfect smooth finish, and holds onto shadow all day.