Ouidad Climate Control Gel

3.7

on 2/8/2004 4:17:00 AM

just not that bad, or good. I don't see why it got such good reviews in magazines. way to expensive for ok product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the gem of the Ouidad collection :) Climate Control Gel rocks, it's absolutely fabulous with my shoulder length waves. If I shower in the morning, I use run this through my tresses and face the Florida elements unfrizzed :) [I use Tress FX if I shower at night!]The scent of the Climate Control Gel is light and fresh... I will repurchase, most definitely!!!

on 1/19/2004 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product might actually live up to the hype! I recently got a small bottle, thanks to a swap, and just tried it for the first time. I walked around all day in snowy, rainy, misty weather, and my curls stayed full but not frizzy.

on 1/14/2004 7:33:00 PM

Works very well as a frizz reducing product but my fairly thick, naturally curly hair needs more hold to keep the spirals together but separate (confusing? I'm sure the curlyheads know what I mean) so I use gel as well. Don't think it needs to cost as much as it does so I'm on the lookout for something else. Also the packaging could come with a pump, I know you can buy one from them but come on, at $18 a pop they can throw that in.

on 12/16/2003 11:57:00 AM

I got the Ouidad Holiday sampler pack about a month ago and was eager to try out the famed Climate Control Gel. I live near Houston and winters tend to be on the humid side. I spread this throughout my damp hair and blow dried it straight. My hair turned out to be very soft, straight, and silky! My hair did not gum up at all, and only frizzed a little around my hairline. I think I will buy the full size of this when I run out of the sample bottle.

on 11/30/2003 11:15:00 AM

For $21.50 I was expecting a lot more. I have naturally wavy hair that is layered and past my shoulders. I need to wash my oily scalp/hair everyday. My hair is not color-treated, permed, or chemically processed in any way. The Climate Control Gel is good for someone who is trying to straighten their curly hair or reduce frizz. I have to give it credit though--it was lightweight and not greasy, but I could still feel that something was coating my hair and weighing it down it bit. I used a very little amount of the product too. If my hair was drier or curlier, I think this would be a good product. Just not for me. I think I've finally determined that I can't use anything with "cones" in it, no matter how small of an amount.

on 11/2/2003 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hate to be the dissenter, but this did absolutely nothing for my curly hair. It weighed down my curls and didn't reduce frizz at all. I think it's highly overrated. I've tried other products from Ouidad, and I haven't liked any of them. Don't know why, but my hair like other products much better.

on 10/25/2003 5:25:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST GEL I'VE EVERY DISCOVERED FOR MY HAIR. The word gel is misleading, because, if you style your hair the way Ouidad instructs, and wait until it dries to run hands over your hair, squeezing out the crunchiness, your hair is soft and bouncy, not crunchy like with other gels. Also, even though I thought my hair needed weighing down (it is very thick, very curly, and very long), and was always using very heavy products on it, it turns out that these lighter products work better. I have soft, defined curls. I call it "Rebecca Gayheart" hair. I will never be without this stuff!

on 10/21/2003 1:37:00 PM

This is a great styler for curls. It's one of the best I've ever used. Between the price and the shipping it can be expensive though so I am currently searching for an alternate.

on 8/27/2003 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love it love it love it.......Goodbye bad hair days!
The only thing that's worked with my frizzy hair. I use it after the clear shampoo and balancing rinse and sometimes the botanicals leave-in. I have been using Ouidad for 4 years and my hair has never been healthier!