Ouidad Climate Control Gel

3.7

on 3/21/2004 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG, I have stubborn naturally curly, bleached hair and this is the only product that I have been happy with. You don't need to use alot of it, it's not sticky, and keeps my curls shiny and in control. I will probly use this for life as nothing else compares.

on 3/12/2004 10:38:00 AM

I was very disappointed with this. I've never spent so much on anything for my hair, but after all the great reviews here and in mags, I thought it must be good. This did next to nothing for my naturally curly, thick hair. In fact, it was frizzier than ever when I used this! On top of that, the flip top opened in the mail and leaked all over the other products (which I wasn't impressed w/ either). Good customer service, as they sent me a new travel size, but I sold the big bottle on e-bay. Will stick to my Finesse mousse and save lots of dough.

on 3/2/2004 2:20:00 PM

I have VERY naturally curly hair and I was a huge fan of Loreal Antifrizz which I used for about 12 years until they discontinued it. I had to find something fast!! I went to a salon and they recommended using Ouidad Tres F/X mixed with the Climate Control Gel and I am hooked!!! The only problem though is the price. It is very expensive to buy so I am sort of looking for any cheaper suggestions that would work just as well (or better!)

on 2/8/2004 4:17:00 AM

just not that bad, or good. I don't see why it got such good reviews in magazines. way to expensive for ok product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the gem of the Ouidad collection :) Climate Control Gel rocks, it's absolutely fabulous with my shoulder length waves. If I shower in the morning, I use run this through my tresses and face the Florida elements unfrizzed :) [I use Tress FX if I shower at night!]The scent of the Climate Control Gel is light and fresh... I will repurchase, most definitely!!!

on 1/19/2004 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product might actually live up to the hype! I recently got a small bottle, thanks to a swap, and just tried it for the first time. I walked around all day in snowy, rainy, misty weather, and my curls stayed full but not frizzy.

on 1/14/2004 7:33:00 PM

Works very well as a frizz reducing product but my fairly thick, naturally curly hair needs more hold to keep the spirals together but separate (confusing? I'm sure the curlyheads know what I mean) so I use gel as well. Don't think it needs to cost as much as it does so I'm on the lookout for something else. Also the packaging could come with a pump, I know you can buy one from them but come on, at $18 a pop they can throw that in.

on 12/16/2003 11:57:00 AM

I got the Ouidad Holiday sampler pack about a month ago and was eager to try out the famed Climate Control Gel. I live near Houston and winters tend to be on the humid side. I spread this throughout my damp hair and blow dried it straight. My hair turned out to be very soft, straight, and silky! My hair did not gum up at all, and only frizzed a little around my hairline. I think I will buy the full size of this when I run out of the sample bottle.

on 11/30/2003 11:15:00 AM

For $21.50 I was expecting a lot more. I have naturally wavy hair that is layered and past my shoulders. I need to wash my oily scalp/hair everyday. My hair is not color-treated, permed, or chemically processed in any way. The Climate Control Gel is good for someone who is trying to straighten their curly hair or reduce frizz. I have to give it credit though--it was lightweight and not greasy, but I could still feel that something was coating my hair and weighing it down it bit. I used a very little amount of the product too. If my hair was drier or curlier, I think this would be a good product. Just not for me. I think I've finally determined that I can't use anything with "cones" in it, no matter how small of an amount.

on 11/2/2003 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hate to be the dissenter, but this did absolutely nothing for my curly hair. It weighed down my curls and didn't reduce frizz at all. I think it's highly overrated. I've tried other products from Ouidad, and I haven't liked any of them. Don't know why, but my hair like other products much better.