Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

3.5

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0%), Padimate O (3.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, Fragrance.

I tried this in the tube, not the jar. A few years ago, I developed these odd dark patches under my breasts. I grew a little worried and then realized my underwire bras were the culprits. I purchased this product in the tube form and hoped for the best.

First I'll start with the only con this product had IMO: it smelled really bad. Palmer's may have changed the scent since I used it a few years ago, but it had that old school rotten egg Nair smell. But, since I wasn't using it near my face, I was able to tolerate it.

I applied it to the skin under my breasts every day, and within a couple of weeks, the dark patches were completely gone. I stopped using the cream and they never came back either. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I wound up giving the tube to my mother, who wanted to give it to a friend who had dark spots and acne scars on her face, but I don't know if she ever used it.

If I ever have any issues with dark spots on my skin again, I will definitely repurchase the Skin Success Fade Cream. It works!

on 1/18/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works! I tried the Alpha Hydrox target lightening cream and it wasn't as effective in comparison to the Palmer's Fade Cream. But the Palmer's product is really thick and greasy (I couldn't find the Fade Cream for Oily Skin). Also, hydroquinone products should only be used at night, otherwise your skin could get darker from sun sensitivity. So why include spf in the product? I don't like wearing spf at night but at least it works. **UPDATE** After two months of using this product, I don't see any significant improvement. It seems to lighten initially but doesn't make any major difference. I have switched over to 4% hydoquinone by Obagi and will keep my fingers crossed!

on 1/12/2008 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and this product does not clog my pores unlike other creams I've used in the past. Some reviewers pointed out the greasiness of the cream, therefore I only use a small amount on the infected areas. I also use a moisterizer (Oil of Olay) on top of this product so that my skin won't feel totally dry throughout the day. Overall, this product is great and for the price....there's nothing better for now!

on 11/25/2007 4:45:00 AM

Excellent product! I mainly got this product to help fade some fresh scars that I had on my arms from playing with my cats. Due to circulation problems, I get bright pink scars that take years to go away, and was very embarrassed from continued comments from people asking what was wrong with my arms.

I used it on my arms, face and chest, as I had acne scars on my face and chest (which would take months and months to fade as well). It took a few weeks of regular usage, morning and night, and the results were AMAZING! It not only completely faded the scars, it faded all the old freckle spots on my arms (which was a nice surprise), and the old tan line I had on my chest from being caught out in the sun one day. I cannot recommend this product highly enough.

I also have very sensitive skin, and will break out in acne if someone looks at me the wrong way, I had no reaction to this at all, and felt very comfortable in slathering it on at night. I love the consistency of the product and it smells great. I recommend this product to everyone!

on 10/31/2007 1:07:00 AM

i have hyperpigmentation from acne and have been using this for 3wks. The dark spots on my face that were there yrs before are starting to get lighter. The cream is very thick, so i only use it at night after showering before going to bed vs the recommended 2x a day. it's just too thick to use under my daily makeup. it takes time, but it does work. it's very inexpensive at $4.99 a jar, but i give it a 4 b/c of the jar so you have to dig in it each time you use it & thus more concern for contamination. but if you shower before you use it, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

on 10/21/2007 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This product is pretty good. I started using 3 days ago (I have a chocolatey-brown skin, I'm not sure its helpful on causasian skin) and my stretchmarks (especially on my arms and my the back of my legs had has already began to fade away! I hope this keeps up (I only use it once a day though). I have been for the most part able to wear sleeveless outfits cause of my ugly and embarassing stretch marks...anyways I think the product pretty good (for darker skin, so I have read from other posts!) Truth be it told it is somewhat hard to find, I had to go to a beauty store to find it, but the price is rather reasonable. I suggest that people with light skin should give it a try...only question is that do I keep on using the product even if I see results after 3 months?

on 9/3/2007 8:38:00 AM

With time, this works... it really does. I used it more as a spot-treatment on sun spots on my face and hands, and after a couple of months (with plenty of product left) there is a HUGE difference! Definitely keep repurchasing.

on 7/9/2007 7:02:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers that you have to be very patient before you see results. I've been using it for about 6 weeks and have just started to notice some improvement in the appearance of sun spots and freckles on my face. I do find it to be a bit greasy so next time I may buy the fade milk or another preparation w/out the SPF.

on 5/14/2007 12:48:00 AM

This product does work, but you have to give it time, it won't happen overnight. I used it to fade the awful liver spots on the back of my hands. It's been several weeks now and the spots are almost gone. I used the regular formula with vitamin C & E, alpha hydroxy, and sunscreen. I find it to be neither oily or drying, as other reviewers have mentioned. It has a light pleasant scent and sinks into my skin nicely.

on 12/4/2006 10:47:00 PM

I've always had freckles, and it's make it very hard to wear makeup, without looking a little off. When I don't wear makeup, I have a very obvious 'smattering' of freckles and a little ruddiness under my eyes, at the top of my cheeks, which made me look about 9 constantly. I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I can definitely see a difference. My skin is almost completely one tone, if I go out and put on foundation, I only feel like I need to put it on any blemishes, instead of my entire face now. And I was concerned that because there is a sunscreen in it that it would be a little too greasy for me, as I can't wear any sunscreen on a daily basis for that reason. However it wasn't greasy in my opinion at all, and I really don't I've ever looked so 'my age' nor has my skin looked so good. Question, though...Can I use it past 3 months even if I see results?

Popular Treatments (Face)