Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0%), Padimate O (3.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, Fragrance.

on 2/29/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this yesterday on clearance at Kmart for $1. I have used Ambi's fade cream during Christmas and I know that works, and this had the same amount of hydroquinone and was really cheap, so I decided to give it a try. I applied it last night after washing my face with Black Opal Pre-Fade soap and toning with my 50/50 mixture of acv and rosewater infused for a week with onions. (After the week I did strain the solution which smells nasty but is supposed to help with making skintone more even) It smelled nicer than the Ambi cream and I did not suffer any adverse effects. Yes this cream is thick, but if you apply a thin layer like it says on the package, I could see this being used as a daycream. My normal to dry skin was not the least bit greasy after applying this, and I woke up with brighter, more even skintone believe it or not! So I'm going to Kmart today to buy two more of these and I will apply twice a day for 3 months, take a break for 3 months, and apply for 3 months again. It works out well because I would be using this hydroquinone product during the months I am not out in the sun and then stopping just when I am out in the sun every day, and starting again when I am out less often. I still have Ambi cream left, so I will apply that until it finishes during the evenings because it smells like Nair and this in the mornings because it doesn't smell like Nair. I'm sure with how little I use, I will have more than the 6 month quantity to use.
8/3/08 UPDATE
I have been using this every day since I wrote my review. I didn't even stop after 3 months like I said I would because it worked so well for me. I take a dab and mix it with a sprinkle of my mineral makeup foundation in the palm of my hand and apply. It works so well I haven't had the courage to try it with another cream or moisturizer. I have to say this keeps my face from getting as dark as it would have in the summer, and it makes my face even paler than it would ordinarily be in the winter. This for an Indian person is considered a good thing because of the amazing contrast dark eyes and hair have with pale skin. Now that I am not in the sun as much, I have had to lighten the shade of my mineral foundation to something I never would have been able to wear before and all those darker shaded samples from Everyday Minerals that I thought I would use over the summer have just sat there in my drawer. So now I'm changing my rating to 4.

I tried this in the tube, not the jar. A few years ago, I developed these odd dark patches under my breasts. I grew a little worried and then realized my underwire bras were the culprits. I purchased this product in the tube form and hoped for the best.

First I'll start with the only con this product had IMO: it smelled really bad. Palmer's may have changed the scent since I used it a few years ago, but it had that old school rotten egg Nair smell. But, since I wasn't using it near my face, I was able to tolerate it.

I applied it to the skin under my breasts every day, and within a couple of weeks, the dark patches were completely gone. I stopped using the cream and they never came back either. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I wound up giving the tube to my mother, who wanted to give it to a friend who had dark spots and acne scars on her face, but I don't know if she ever used it.

If I ever have any issues with dark spots on my skin again, I will definitely repurchase the Skin Success Fade Cream. It works!

on 1/18/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works! I tried the Alpha Hydrox target lightening cream and it wasn't as effective in comparison to the Palmer's Fade Cream. But the Palmer's product is really thick and greasy (I couldn't find the Fade Cream for Oily Skin). Also, hydroquinone products should only be used at night, otherwise your skin could get darker from sun sensitivity. So why include spf in the product? I don't like wearing spf at night but at least it works. **UPDATE** After two months of using this product, I don't see any significant improvement. It seems to lighten initially but doesn't make any major difference. I have switched over to 4% hydoquinone by Obagi and will keep my fingers crossed!

on 1/12/2008 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and this product does not clog my pores unlike other creams I've used in the past. Some reviewers pointed out the greasiness of the cream, therefore I only use a small amount on the infected areas. I also use a moisterizer (Oil of Olay) on top of this product so that my skin won't feel totally dry throughout the day. Overall, this product is great and for the price....there's nothing better for now!

on 11/25/2007 4:45:00 AM

Excellent product! I mainly got this product to help fade some fresh scars that I had on my arms from playing with my cats. Due to circulation problems, I get bright pink scars that take years to go away, and was very embarrassed from continued comments from people asking what was wrong with my arms.

I used it on my arms, face and chest, as I had acne scars on my face and chest (which would take months and months to fade as well). It took a few weeks of regular usage, morning and night, and the results were AMAZING! It not only completely faded the scars, it faded all the old freckle spots on my arms (which was a nice surprise), and the old tan line I had on my chest from being caught out in the sun one day. I cannot recommend this product highly enough.

I also have very sensitive skin, and will break out in acne if someone looks at me the wrong way, I had no reaction to this at all, and felt very comfortable in slathering it on at night. I love the consistency of the product and it smells great. I recommend this product to everyone!

on 10/31/2007 1:07:00 AM

i have hyperpigmentation from acne and have been using this for 3wks. The dark spots on my face that were there yrs before are starting to get lighter. The cream is very thick, so i only use it at night after showering before going to bed vs the recommended 2x a day. it's just too thick to use under my daily makeup. it takes time, but it does work. it's very inexpensive at $4.99 a jar, but i give it a 4 b/c of the jar so you have to dig in it each time you use it & thus more concern for contamination. but if you shower before you use it, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

on 10/21/2007 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This product is pretty good. I started using 3 days ago (I have a chocolatey-brown skin, I'm not sure its helpful on causasian skin) and my stretchmarks (especially on my arms and my the back of my legs had has already began to fade away! I hope this keeps up (I only use it once a day though). I have been for the most part able to wear sleeveless outfits cause of my ugly and embarassing stretch marks...anyways I think the product pretty good (for darker skin, so I have read from other posts!) Truth be it told it is somewhat hard to find, I had to go to a beauty store to find it, but the price is rather reasonable. I suggest that people with light skin should give it a try...only question is that do I keep on using the product even if I see results after 3 months?

on 9/3/2007 8:38:00 AM

With time, this works... it really does. I used it more as a spot-treatment on sun spots on my face and hands, and after a couple of months (with plenty of product left) there is a HUGE difference! Definitely keep repurchasing.

on 7/9/2007 7:02:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers that you have to be very patient before you see results. I've been using it for about 6 weeks and have just started to notice some improvement in the appearance of sun spots and freckles on my face. I do find it to be a bit greasy so next time I may buy the fade milk or another preparation w/out the SPF.

on 5/14/2007 12:48:00 AM

This product does work, but you have to give it time, it won't happen overnight. I used it to fade the awful liver spots on the back of my hands. It's been several weeks now and the spots are almost gone. I used the regular formula with vitamin C & E, alpha hydroxy, and sunscreen. I find it to be neither oily or drying, as other reviewers have mentioned. It has a light pleasant scent and sinks into my skin nicely.

Popular Treatments (Face)