MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 2/9/2010 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is definitely my most used eye shadow. I wear it almost every day. It is a perfect for a day look by itself just to give my eyes some oomph, or if I have time I can pair it with a highlight shade to change things up a little. My favorite is this as an all over wash, naked lunch as a highlight, and texture in the crease. I've gotten soooo many compliments on this look it's not even funny.

on 2/9/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I, like many others, love this eyeshadow to blend out crease colors and have a more natural looking transition into my highlight color. I also like it occasionally as a wash on the lid. In the pan it doesn't look like anything special but he texture is very nice and it's well pigmented. This is a really great color to have in any collection and I will repurchase (if I ever run out).

on 1/25/2010 9:17:00 PM

I also bought this as a part of my 4 piece custom palette, along with Embark, Saddle and Typographic. I really like it on my NW 45 skin. It gives my lids a really nice light without being ashy or chalky. I sometimes use Typographic in the crease along with a dark brown liner - Sue Devitt's Eye Intensifier in Kenya. Love this color!

on 1/25/2010 9:07:00 PM

I LOVE this color! Its great for any look and a nice transition color and its not too light or too dark. Great for an everday use and would most likely buy this color again.

on 12/28/2009 6:11:00 PM

My HG eyeshadow, hands down. The only one I've ever hit pan on! I'm sure I will be repurchasing this eyeshadow until I no longer wear makeup. Absolutely fabulous warm light to medium brown eyeshadow. The matte texture is beautiful in the crease using the 224 brush. Absolutely effortless. If I'm in a rush and want to look put together, I pop a shadestick all over my lid, soft brown in the crease, and some liquid liner on and I'm pulled together and ready to go in like a minute and a half! Not sure how well this color would work on darker skin tones, but it would probably still add some warmth and matte texture. I also use this in my brows when I want a bit more definition than I get with a brow pencil. It's a fab shade for people with red brows who can never find a pencil that's warm enough!

on 12/25/2009 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product is simply amazing! Idk how I was never talked into getting this es. Since having this about 2 months ago, I use it everyday in my crease! Whatever color I have in my crease...Soba, Cork, Bronze, Contrast, I always stick a light wash of this above. It just warms up the whole eye area.

It goes with neutrals, pinks, blues, purples...whatever! I even did a smokey eye look with Electra all over the lid and this in the crease. Amazing!

This is truly a HG!

on 12/17/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love using this color to blend up in the crease. It's very soft. I'm NC42....so the effect is subtle ...but soooo worth it.

on 12/13/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I bought this as part of my 1st custom 4x MAC palette. I'm so glad I did. I initially bought it to wear as a lid color on my NC45 skin, but I've found that it works a lot better as a crease color on me (I initially thought it'd be too light to wear as crease color, but with some layering, it looks so natural and pretty). Really opens up my eyes and draws attention to my dark brown eyes. Love it!

on 12/12/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i love this color. it's a warmer toned brown that i wanted wedge or kid to do for me but didn't. i'm asian, nc37, yellow undertones.

on 10/18/2009 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use soft brown every time I'm going for a neutral look. It's great for the crease!

Top Rated MAC Products