August 1, 2014 | 1265 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2003 1:51:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

These are fantastic! I give them top ratings for price because you get basically 2 months worth of cleansing for only $7! (2 packs of 28 pillows each.) They leave my skin super smooth and super clean. Like most cleansers not specifically labeled as such, I don't think these are meant to be used on your eyes. Wonderful exfoliation properties, and the cleanser is moisturizing! My skin gets better every day that I use these - LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by missmarie1977

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love these pillows! I was hesitant to use these at first since I have oily, acne-prone skin and the pillows do conatain mineral oil, but I've had great results. The little pillows clean off all my make-up, exfoliate my skin with the scrubby side and leave my face feeling refreshed and clean. The pillows sometimes have a habit of bursting from the sides, and the packaging is rather bulky, but I'm willing to get over that since most of the time they puff up just fine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by ilovelauna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the Dove Cleansing Cloths since they came out and loved them, so naturally when I saw these, I got excited that maybe they improved on an already good thing. The little pillows did take some getting used to and like other reviewers, a couple of them 'popped' open and the cleanser came out. I found that really running them under water for 10-15 seconds like the directions say did work and I got quite a lot of lather. I didn't have any problems with them getting my makeup and mascara off, but they were harder to work with around the eyes. That's why I'll stick to the Cleansing Cloths, you can really get all your liner and mascara off with them since they're much easier to work with. Plus, you can rip the Cloths in half to save if you are only cleaning your face in the morning, can't do that with the Pillows!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2003 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lod_22

These little 'pillow' sparked my interest so I strayed from my favorite Olay Daily Facials. Boy did I ever make a mistake!! The only good thing I have to say is they did have a nice smell. The size was okay, but should probably be bigger. I got hardly any lather out of these things. When I tried to squeeze them harder, the 'pillow' popped and all of the cleanser started to squirt out. I got out another one (which I didn't squeeze as hard) but still got no lather. I found the edges to be a bit sharp which hurt when I used them on my eyes. But that pain was only second to the stinging from the cleanser on my eyes. All that burning and it hardly removed my mascara (which was NOT waterproof). They didn't dry my skin, BUT it didn't really feel clean afterwards. I let a friend of mine use one to see if she liked them (so I could give them to her) but she didn't like them either. She had the same complaints. I will not be buying these again nor will I ever stray from my Olay Daily Facials again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2003 12:18:00 PM More reviews by madisonmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say that after reading all of the reviews for this product, I was still drawn to this product becuase the idea of these "pillows" was still so appealing! However, I can say that although I didn't HATE these, they were a dissapointment. The pads themselves seem to small, although the exfoliating side feels nice.

The lather also seems to drip into the eyes on many occasions and the pillow is also a little akward to hold.

Overall, a great concept, but they need to do a little more work to make it a better cleansing product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by dmf828

The pillows are really small and its kind of akward to use them- It actually cramps my hand up to hold it for too long. It takes a long time for them to suds up, you kinda have to work them with your hands under the water for a while to get any lather. They smell weird, and they dry out my skin to much, which is strange considering I have very oily skin and nothing ever does that. The packaging is kind of bulky. Not good for a college student like me. Kind of expensive for what they are, and they are not good at removing eye makeup. The only thing I do like about them is that they exfoliate your skin pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2003 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Mookie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these things; I just use one to wash my face AND exfoliate at the same time. The scent isn't overpowering and the pads don't suds up so much that you can't get the stuff off your face! My only complaint is that I think they're a little pricey. But I'll buy them again just for the convenience of using one product to clean and exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Judging from the reviews, this seems to be a YMMV type product. I love the concept and the product. The Cleansing Pillow lathers lushly with a bit of water and does a fantastic job of removing makeup ~ IMO this product is one of the more gentle exfoliators. I would have preferred that the exfoliating side was a bit rougher, but that's just me! I'm very happy with these and will continue to repurchase. They leave my face glowing, exfoliated, soft and not at all dry. :) Cute product that works well, yay! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sis used a sample that a drugstore chain sent us. The cleanser in that pillow gave her face a burning sensation.

This idea was very good but it didnt work for her.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2003 11:18:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Typically, I use a higher-end cleanser for my acne-prone skin, but this drugstore goodie takes the cake. Not too drying, not too moisturizing and perfect for removing makeup. A definate repurchase.