April 16, 2014 | 2021 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by LaraJanine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample. Very disappointing! I put it on at night but could not feel any increased softness the next morning. I'm sticking to my Olay hydrating.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2005 3:16:00 PM More reviews by dulces78

As of yet I have mixed feelings regarding this product. I love the consistency, the packaging and some of the results. I will say when I started using this, my acne regimen involved just using proactiv cleanser and I would basically just get a big zit once a month. It would also stay there about for a month (or two). I went to the beach roughly a month after I became engaged and I had a whole slew of stress induced little pimples appear everywhere on my face. I started using hope in a bottle when I got home and WOW overnight half of them cleared up! Then it began to purge..Oh boy..a new slew appeared. Clear up, slew, clear up, slew. I blame this on the purity made simple, and have since returned to the proactiv cleanser in conjunction with this. I am now noticing much less pimples. My big rave on this is..as a spot treatment it is AMAZING. I will apply it all over sometimes but I notice that it starts purging again and well how much purging can we go through? Hopefully its almost over. I will rebuy for its amazing results as a spot treater. A deep zit that would've lasted months is completely gone (Dark spot and all) after no more than a week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 1:16:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dried my skin out horribly and I have combo skin. I switched to Hope in a Bottle for the warmer months because I tend to get oilier as it gets hotter. Been using this for 2 months now and saw wrinkles on my cheeks when I smiled. I never had that before?!?! Where did they come from?!?!? I finally got my L'Occitane order in last week and switched back to my beloved Immortelle line, just wish that was cheaper and easier to find.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2005 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Sunnibuns

This is a wonderful moisturizer! I have combo skin and this is one of the only moisturizers I have ever used that doesn't leave my nose feeling too oily but I still feel nicely moisturized.

I would give 5 stars if it had UVA/UVB sunscreen in it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

I can't believe I just came accross this review and did not even write a review of my own! I've been using this for a while (a little bit more than one year) and I absolutely love this product! First of all, this is NOT a moisturizer, but a topical cream treatment for adult acne- prone skin. It won't moisturize at all (and actually it's awfully too drying when used alone, as a moisturizer). Every morning, I gently pat it on problem areas before I apply my moisturizer and voilą!

I love the fact that it's a cream treatment. Most salicylic acid or BHA treatment have a gel consistency, which tends to be sticky or make an unesthetic patch under my makeup. But a cream won't do anything like that, because it is quickly absorbed by the skin. Doesn't make any ''crust'' under the makeup. Hurray!!!

I'm not too fond of Philosophy skincare line (I had no luck with their products) but this one is great and I don't think I could manage to do my morning routine without this product. I can really see its anti-inflammatory benefits. However, I don't apply it everywhere on my face since it would be too drying.

The smell isn't amazing (slightly medicinal/herbal) but it doesn't really bother me. The packaging sucks a bit... and sometimes it's hard to squeeze the bottle.

It's kinda pricey, but if I take into account that I've been using this every morning for the last 13 months or so, I think it worth every penny! I would certainly buy it again.

For your information, here are the active ingredients salicylic acid and other ingredients: water, octyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, allyl methacrylates crosspolymer, ppg-12/smdi copolymer, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, lavendula angustifolia (lavendar) oil, peg-100 stearate, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, polyacrylamide, c13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, triethanolamine, tetrasodium edta, propylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2005 3:44:00 AM More reviews by chococakehk

They have great mktg campaign! but wish they made better pdt or at least match to it!

they didn't get the name wrong...you as consumer purchased HOPE in a bottle! weird smell, my face shined! returned n got pdts for heels/foot lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely like this product better than most of the other BHA products I've tried in the past. It's a bit pricy in my opinion and a little goes a long way so this bottle should last me at lest 4 months or longer. Highly recommend if you have oily/acne pron skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2004 1:17:00 PM More reviews by redfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pretty good skin really--I wear SPF30 every day. My only problem was a bit oily in T-zone and chin where I occassionally break out. I have been using this for three weeks now, and started with a few zits in T-zone, one on chin. This product is great!!!I use it in the morning on my problem areas and suddenly my skin is even. Zits fared poorly against it, and no new ones since. I'll continue to use this. I doubt I'll be able to go through the bottle in a year. I agree with other reviews that this isn't moisturizing (duh! It's for oily skin!), smells mediciny (not that bad). Don't get it near your eyes (yikes!) but that's true of all similar products. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2004 3:16:00 PM More reviews by pretzelol

I have acne-prone combination skin with occasional huge zits around face. I tried every thing..believe me, I tried all the drugstore product and all infomercial product to prevent my zits.. This is the one I settled on. Although, this is not cure my huge zits over one day, this definitely controls my oily skin during day and it prevents blemishes effectively. One thing that I am not quite like is the smell...you might need time to get used to, but other then that, it really keeps oily skin fresh without drying out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2004 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Lizawithaz

Although I love Paula's Choice 1% BHA Gel and Lotions, I feel that a 2%BHA product works best for me. I don't like the texture of Paula's 2%BHA solution and her 2% BHA lotion is too moisturizing. I've used Philosophy Hope In A Bottle for a long time. It's a 2%BHA product and I have always been pleased with it's performance and the texture is light, and the absorbtion is quick and non greasy. It is not very moisturizing at all, which is fine by me! Although, I wouldn't exactly call it a matte product either. Aside from the slightly medicinal smell which you get use to, this is a great BHA product. My complaint is now that I am getting older I want a multi tasking product with more benefits. Aside from some vitamin E which isn't all that exciting, this product offers no other anti-aging benefits. There are no extra anti-oxidants, anti-irritants or anything special like the peptides being used in Philosophy's other skin care. Because a BHA product has to be applied 1st, before anything else, you can't layer serums or anything underneath and I just don't want to be bothered putting something else on top always for the extra benefit. If you struggle with breakouts this is one of the best BHA products out there with a good PH level for proper exfoliation (which not all products have). Just don't expect much more than a lightweight moisturizer with BHA.