Avon Sweet Honesty

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

I gotta give Sweet Honesty props just for enduring this long, since waaay back in the 70's when I was but a very young, fragrance-impressionable girl. The formulation has definitely changed. The new scent is less sweet and cloying, and has more of a clean, soapy afternote to it. It also does not seem to be as potent as it was before. Yes, it's still sweet and powdery, ala Windsong, and yes, somewhat evokative of a teenager or preteen. From an olfactory perspective, it's totally retro (conjuring up all those "Love Is ..." notebooks I had in grade school). But I still like wearing this just for old time's sake. The beauty of it is, most people only vaguely recognize the smell of Sweet Honesty and are surprised when I tell them what it is. Just find me some Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, and I'm good to go!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Soft and sweet, very nice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

when I was younger I wore this. But not anymore. Its good for a preteen girl.

I used to wear it maaaaaaaaany years ago ;-)
I now think it's quite common and flat smelling, very girlish and looks so old to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Sweet Honesty is my good old standby. When i don't know what I want to wear, I reach for this. Sure its been around since the Ice Age, but it smells good and I like it. I get compliments every time I wear it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I give this a "two" simply because of what it was to me when I was a little girl.

This scent evokes memories of Christmases and Easter Sundays, where there was always an "Avon" gift or two from my grandmother in my stocking or basket. The little Sweet Honesty solid perfume compacts, and the "decorative" decanters filled with the cologne were pretty hot back in the 70s. I thought it was one of the greatest scents on earth...when I was five and six years old. I'm sure I drove my mother nuts with it, considering she was always a fine fragrance freak.

One of my mother's friends recently became a widower, and his wife wore nothing but "Sweet Honesty". He gave my mother the three bottles she left behind. It still smells the same to me, although I can't say my opinion of it is nearly as high as it was when I was a kid. I spritzed my wrist with it a few minutes ago and immediately got a stuffy nose and I'm feeling a sick headache brewing up.

For some reason I don't think you are actually supposed to wear this fragrance. continued >>

ATTN: Get out your Thesaurus!! If you don't like a scent please come up with something more original than "old lady scent"! We all (God Willing) will be old one day. My DH loves this one. I am 27 and I like this one. I actually think it's a 3 lippie; DH is picky. This is a very innocent & classic kind of scent. When did that become bad??? It is a bit spicy as well. It seems to last a long time for the bucks. I will repurchase. I would love to see the reviews on this if it were a Guerlain, Kate Spade or Chanel scent :D continued >>

grandma bought it for me in junior high..it was ok back then, but not now!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Unlike many of the previous reviewers, I have no previous associations with this scent. (Although my mother bought a lot of Avon fragrances when I was a kid, I don't think Sweet Honesty was among them.) Therefore, I can appreciate Sweet Honesty for what it is - a soft, soapy, clean, light floral. It's a comforting scent for just wearing around the house along with flannel PJs and fuzzy slippers.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sweet Honesty and Babe were my signature fragrances back in the 1970's. I, too, associate it with being innocent and naive. My cousin saw it in the Avon book and bought a bottle for each of us. I was right back in 1976 when I took my first whiff in about 25 years. But, I've grown up since then and it's no longer something I would wear. It is still a nice first fragrance for a young teenage girl.

Popular Fragrances