July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Sweet Honesty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sweet Honesty is my good old standby. When i don't know what I want to wear, I reach for this. Sure its been around since the Ice Age, but it smells good and I like it. I get compliments every time I wear it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 4:49:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I give this a "two" simply because of what it was to me when I was a little girl.

This scent evokes memories of Christmases and Easter Sundays, where there was always an "Avon" gift or two from my grandmother in my stocking or basket. The little Sweet Honesty solid perfume compacts, and the "decorative" decanters filled with the cologne were pretty hot back in the 70s. I thought it was one of the greatest scents on earth...when I was five and six years old. I'm sure I drove my mother nuts with it, considering she was always a fine fragrance freak.

One of my mother's friends recently became a widower, and his wife wore nothing but "Sweet Honesty". He gave my mother the three bottles she left behind. It still smells the same to me, although I can't say my opinion of it is nearly as high as it was when I was a kid. I spritzed my wrist with it a few minutes ago and immediately got a stuffy nose and I'm feeling a sick headache brewing up.

For some reason I don't think you are actually supposed to wear this fragrance. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ATTN: Get out your Thesaurus!! If you don't like a scent please come up with something more original than "old lady scent"! We all (God Willing) will be old one day. My DH loves this one. I am 27 and I like this one. I actually think it's a 3 lippie; DH is picky. This is a very innocent & classic kind of scent. When did that become bad??? It is a bit spicy as well. It seems to last a long time for the bucks. I will repurchase. I would love to see the reviews on this if it were a Guerlain, Kate Spade or Chanel scent :D continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

grandma bought it for me in junior high..it was ok back then, but not now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2003 1:43:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unlike many of the previous reviewers, I have no previous associations with this scent. (Although my mother bought a lot of Avon fragrances when I was a kid, I don't think Sweet Honesty was among them.) Therefore, I can appreciate Sweet Honesty for what it is - a soft, soapy, clean, light floral. It's a comforting scent for just wearing around the house along with flannel PJs and fuzzy slippers.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2003 10:47:00 PM More reviews by TammysBushed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sweet Honesty and Babe were my signature fragrances back in the 1970's. I, too, associate it with being innocent and naive. My cousin saw it in the Avon book and bought a bottle for each of us. I was right back in 1976 when I took my first whiff in about 25 years. But, I've grown up since then and it's no longer something I would wear. It is still a nice first fragrance for a young teenage girl.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Jerseycindy2

This was my favorite fragrance during my late teens in the 1970s, so when I saw it at a flea market I just had to buy a bottle for old time's sake. Um, let's just say I've grown up in the past 25-30 years - I find it hard to believe that I ever loved anything this cloying. Still, it evoked some wonderful memories, and for that reason alone, I'm keeping it to take a whiff of once in a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2003 12:12:00 PM More reviews by rainfaerie

I purchased this just for fun, thinking it would evoke fond memories of my childhood in the seventies. What, did AVON change the formula?! Or did my chemistry change?? Anyway, not the same as it used to be!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2003 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Iana

I like this scent, it's nice and light. A great fragrance for young ladies. The packaging could use an update, however. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2003 8:34:00 AM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I did not give this a high rating I did love it in the 70s when I was a teen. I am now 43 and it is much to youthful and powdery to me. If I smell it on someone now It takes me back to the 70s when it was all about being natural. I think it should stay back there though times and fragrance have changed.