August 2, 2014 | 1303 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I picked this up after hearing so many good things about it and since I've been on a tight budget, the fact it was by NYC and cheap was a bonus! The pigmentation of this product is really great and it works for many skin tones however I am ghostly pale and it is too dark for me. It has a kind of orange undertone to it that showed up a lot on my skin. I like that it's matte (which is a rare find, especially in the drugstores) so it will be great for someone. It is nice to contour the outside of the face with and can doubles as an eyeshadow too! I can use it for my brows. Even if I struggle to use it as a bronzer, I have other uses for it. It is quite the versatile product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by BabetMichl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It is definitely the best bronzer I've tried from the drugstore, but it is still little bit orange for me (NC15/20). It is matte, so great for contouring. It is more on the lighter side, but like I said/wrote it is little bit orange. But the staying power is great! It stays for all day long. And it isn't overpigmented, it's one of the less pigmented bronzers that I've tried. The price is amazing (3$, in the Czech rep. it is 90,-). I will not repurchase this, but I think it is still one of the 'not super orangey' bronzers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So many reviews said this wasn't orange but it is if you have the wrong skin tone or apply too much. I'm not cool toned. I have olive skin with yellow undertones but I'm not tanning yet and i can tell this looks a bit orange. If i am able to blend it out and not apply too much it looks ok. It would've been perfect if it had just been more brown based.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST drugstore bronzer. Not too orange nor is it crazy pigmented (I'm looking at you, elf) so it's a breeze to apply. This is probably my favorite drugstore makeup. As for the packaging, I dropped it and the mirror broke but the product didn't. Dunno what that tells you. Perfection for $3, what more can you ask for?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ORANGE!!! It was fine when I first got it but two months later...orange. that sucks

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Bethy11

It's awesome, it works perfect. My only complaint is that I'd rather use a blush brush to put it on since the applicator lays it on a little thick. But other than that its perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by itstheaparkalypse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzer because of the hype on Youtube. It's a good matte bronzer, especially for lighter people i think...I'm around an NC30-35, and it looks good on me! However it does look orange if you apply too much. So i only apply subtle amount so I don't look completely orange! It gives me a pretty bronzy look, but I wish it was less orange so I could use a bit more of it to contour a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

extremely orange/yellow toned on me. It looks awkward on my cool toned skin. If you're already warm toned or kinda tan it would probably look okay. the texture and application is nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Quite disappointed with this product. I am an avid user of 'Too Faced Chocolate Solei Bronzer', and when that ran out I decided to try this bronzer. Really cheap, so I didn't have much to lose. I think the people that are giving this bronzer a high rating and claiming that it's 'not orange at all', are people who haven't used a truly non-orange bronzer before. Compared to the Too faced chocolate bronzer, this bronzer is orange. The first time I put it on I noticed a huge difference in colour. The too faced bronzer is very brown, no orange tints in it that I can see. This bronzer, however, shows up quite orange on my face. Now, if I hadn't used the too faced bronzer before, I probably wouldn't really have noticed. It's not oompa-lumpa orange, but as I have a comparision to the two faced bronzer, this one is definitely orange on me (I'm an NC15-20). I think that, if the people that love this bronzer, try the too faced chocolate solei bronzer, they will realise that this wet n wild bronzer is indeed orange looking. Will not repurchase, I might just use it as an eyeshadow. I will go back to my beloved too faced bronzer.
Good Luck x

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angeliee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this after seeing/reading a whole rave on the Internet when I was searching different types of bronzers. The tone of the bronzer is NOT as light as it seems on the image. Its not cocoa peachy like the picture. It's actually dark brown so don't be scared it wouldn't show if you're tan like me. The packaging was good except I would never use the sponge inside the compact because it will not blend the bronzer out but the build on is Great and its awesome for its cheap price!