OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 5/18/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I hate this Top Coat. I'm a die hard fan of OPI but the top/base coat or nail treatments don't do anything for me.

It's gloppy after a while, and sometimes it leaves bubbles in my nails when they dry, but always on like one or two nails. It's ugly and doesn't resist much again chipping. I really never liked it.

on 5/16/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The worst thing about this top coat is is creates little bubbles that ruin your perfect manicure every time - even when used with exclusively OPI products it fails. I brought full size and had a couple of minis to try and they all bubbled. I made the mistake of thinking it must be an old bottle so I brought another one from a store that has high turnover and a fresh batch code - still bubbled. Every other brand I've tried (except Revlon, which also bubbles) does not bubble. Why OPI? Its like they went out of their way to design the worst top coat of all time.

It takes forever to touch dry, around 10 - 15 minutes, and the polish is still tacky and prone to dings for several hour after. I don't like paying for a higher end top coat that demands I be careful with my hands for the entire evening or my whole work is ruined. I have much cheaper products that manage to touch dry in 5 minutes and harden completely in 30.

The shine is not as good as any of my other topcoats (Seche Vite, Sally Hansen, Rimmel) and does not feel as smooth to touch as them either. The very next day the shine has worn off and it looks dull and scratched. My favorite top coat, Seche Vite, stays shiny for the 4-5 days until I take it off, no need for a "refresher". Only the Opi gets dull and needs adding an extra layer of top coat day or two to look good. This wastes product, $$$ and then all the layers takes extra time and remover to apply, costing me more time and money.

I am shocked that OPI make such a bad product. It is not worth buying at any price - I would not use it even if they gave it away for free.

on 5/15/2011 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not the worst top coat. But for this price? Its rubbish. OPI needs a new formula for the top coat. The end.

on 4/30/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I really like this top coat in conjunction with the OPI Natural Nail Base Coat. When I use these two together - my manicures last anywhere between 5-9 days. It gives a shiny result as well. I rarely get full on chipping with this top coat - typically the polish wears away on the edge - which I don't mind. Chunky chipping is what I don't like and I feel like the OPI Top Coat doesn't chip. Would gladly repurchase - and I have!

on 4/4/2011 1:21:00 AM

I bought this because Ulta was having a sale on a base/top coat combo package for $8. I usually use Seche Vite and should have stuck with it. I put on a base coat, 2 coats of polish and the top coat and hours later it had still not dried. Compared to how quickly Seche Vite dries, this one takes forever! Wish I could return it, but I didn't keep the receipt. I guess I'll be redoing the mani/pedi tomorrow due to the dents and bubbling.

I was so surprised at the poor quality of these since I'm such a big fan of the OPI polishes!

on 3/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this topcoat because it keeps that glossy look even a few days after you first apply it (given you haven't had a lot of exposure to hot water). It doesn't chip that easy either. I'll always repurchase this until I find something better!

on 3/20/2011 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Not good. At All.

on 3/19/2011 7:28:00 PM

I love OPI polishes, but their top coat doesn't do it for me. I've gone through two bottles of the OPI top coat, and I've had the same problem with both - it gets thicker as you go through the bottle, leading to the dreaded strings that follow your brush as you pull it out of the bottle, as well as bubbling (ick!). They also take quite a while to dry completely (even after doing my nails a few hours before bed I wake up with sheet marks), but that's not much of a problem since I've discovered the miracle of drying drops. I love that they make my nails super shiny, but having to throw the bottle out after I've used half of it is a big no-no. I would definitely recommend Seche Vite's top coat over this one.

on 3/12/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love all OPI products, i feel like you get what you pay for. this top coat is no different. i love it. i haven't found anything wrong with it other than the fact it does get quite thick about half way through the bottle. that's the only reason i didn't give it 5 stars. half way through the bottle it's harder to work with, but the last quarter of the bottle you might as well throw away if you don't thin it. i'd rather jus throw it away and buy a new one before i went through the trouble of thinning it when i'd already gotten my moneys worth by the end of the bottle. i bought a new bottle today at ulta and it was 8.50. not bad. :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My god, I have a love hate relationship with this top coat. It gives me an amazing shine and it sports a OPI brand. However, I feel like it wears off easily. Whenever I paint my nails, which is rather often, I always get air bubbles and I use a variety of brands. I truely believe its because of this because its the only consistant thing I use.

Top Rated OPI Products