July 25, 2014 | 973 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

I really like this makeup remover, more then the purple bottle that Clinique offers. I rinse my eye area afterwards anyways, so this is great. However, all I wear is mascara, so I'm not sure about heavy duty eye makeup. This has just the right amount of ingredients to safely and gently remove makeup without too much of an oily feeling.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It goes on easily, doesn't sting or burn, and does not feel oily like some eye makeup removers do. It removes layers of mascara better than any other eye makeup remover I have tried (and I lay it on thick!).

**UPDATE**I recently tried Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover and it actually worked better than this one. With Clinique, sometimes I would still end up looking a bit racoon-eyed, but now with Neutrogena, it erases all traces of mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my staple eye makeup remover. I have tried a few others before, but this has ended up being one of my favorites. I have been using it for a few years now and it doesn't burn my eyes or irritate me. It's selling point is that it leaves no residue behind, leaving that clean feeling, which is true for me. The packaging isn't one of my favorites though because its a screw on cap, I had accidentally spilled it or used more product then necessary before (usually I favour squeeze bottle lids with the nozzle). As well, I find its not so great for waterproof mascara. It leaves behind that black shadow the next morning, so I use an oil based product specifically for waterproof makeup sometimes. Though one thing i find is that it is particularly good for removing Clinique brand makeup products. Overall since I'm pretty light handed with my day to day eye makeup I find the payoff is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by DeeanaAlexsia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works well to remove all eye makeup. Doesn't leave residue behind, which is fantastic if you have your face made up and just need to clean a small error you made with an eyeliner or mascara. If you use it to fix a mistake though, I suggest following after with a q-tip wet with water. If not rinsed, the skin tends to get stiff under the solvent, which is highly uncomfortable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

This stuff just doesn't remove any of my eye makeup and all I use on a typical day is non-waterproof mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do not know why, but this eye makeup solvent stings my eyes. The ingredients look all fine, so it might be the pH or salt concentration. I have received several free bottles over the years - it used to feature more in Clinique Bonus Time gifts before the Take the Day Off remover was introduced - but could not use them because of the stinging. Too bad, especially since it is getting more and more difficult to find single phase eye-makeup removers nowadays.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really surprised that I had a reaction to this product. While using this I experienced a burning sensation then after wards my eyes were quite red and swollen. Luckily rinsing my eye area with cool water followed up with a cool compress relieved my sore eyes, but I won't be using this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by iheartsu

The Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent is very gentle on my eyelids and around my eye area. It's 100% fragrance free and doesn't leave an oily residue which is awesome because before this I always used oil pads to remove my eye makeup. After using those I always had to wash my face for a couple minutes to get rid of the annoying oil. It even sometimes got into my eyes and caused my lids to redden and my eyes were bloodshot afterwards. I looked like a zombie! That's not the case with this Clinique Makeup Remover. You just have to rinse it off quickly and continue applying your face creams/moisturizer/etc. The only bad thing about it is, that after you wash it off your face, it makes your skin kind of sticky. Of course, it won't be sticky if you use your face creams on top of it, but I usually never apply any cream on my face after removing my make-up, so it's pretty sticky on me. Even after washing it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for over a year and I do like it. My eyes are very sensitive and this makeup remover doesn't burn them like many others do. It does a pretty good job removing my eye makeup, but the only brands I know to compare it to didn't work well at all.

All in all, I see no reason not to purchase this again though first I'd like to try other, well-reviewed ones to find out if there's much of a difference. This one does what I need it to do and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Update/edit: I do love this eye makeup remover and have purchased a second bottle now. It's nice that it's not oily and doesn't leave a residue on my eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sscoult

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Surprised to see all of the negative experiences with this product. I've been using this for 15 years and haven't found anything better. Rinses clean all of the eye make-up with no unpleasantness. Very pure and clear solution.