August 20, 2014 | 1071 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by kateam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

I am 47 with dry to normal skin, some wrinkles and sun damage. I use a tinted moisterizer under this. I use it dry. It gives good coverage and doesn't settle into my wrinkles. It is easy to apply and lasts all day with no touch ups. I use the Cypress Beige and it works pretty well. I gave it one lippie off because the color selection could be better. I am fair to medium compected with pink undertones but the Cypress Beige works better than the Ivory Myrhh. I am liking this better than my Jane Iredale mineral powder. It is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. I add a bit of a bronzer and it gives me just enough color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at Sally's for about $9 as I wanted a powder foundation for a date. My liquids are kind of letting me down in this late summer weather, nothing wants to stay on my face and they all make me look greasy and awful within a couple hours (or minutes, depending on the humidity here in Chicago!). I ordered the one from Dior but it didn't ship in time so I scanned reviews and headed out to get one.

I got the shade 402 Cypress Beige. It is a neutral medium beige color with some pink in it and suits my NW30 skin perfectly. It goes on so smooth with my Kabuki brush and gives light to medium coverage when dry. I haven't tried it wet however. It really made my face look amazingly glowy and my skin like silk. It lasted almost all day in the 80 degree weather with only a couple touch up's needed. It never made me look older or my normal/dry skin look mask-like or flaky. It looks like natural, good skin.

I am really shocked at how wonderful this is and how relatively easy it is to get. Also the price is a steal. I recommend this highly and would definitely buy this again! Let's see if this one makes me return the one by Dior - I will definitely update!

UPDATE: Yes, this is definitely similar too - if not better than - the Dior powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by RenoDawn

This powder foundation provides beautiful medium to full coverage. I haven't had much luck using it wet but plan to try now that my skin's texture has improved as a result of RetinA. Today I applied it dry over my sunscreen and it looks fantastic. I checked it a few times while outdoors and I think it might be perfect.....My color choice is 402 (Cypress Beige). For reference, according to MAC I am an NC25 but it is too light and too yellow. Palladio's 402 looks nothing like NC25, instead it is very beige with neutral to pink undertone. It does a great job covering the hyperpigmentation on my forehead and cheeks while blending my lighter areas with those darker spots. The finish is soft and matte. Previously, I used 401 (Ivory Myrhh) which is too pink. I plan to pick up another 402 when Sally's has a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

MY HG CHEAP POWDER FOUNDATION!!!

Pros: (I always apply this stuff wet)
-Covers well - I have small redness here and there and this stuff gives me a natural finish look. Matte too and I LOVE IT!
-Staying power is long! Primer your face and apply this stuff wet. It will last 5-6 hours. Touch up with blotting sheets once a day and I'm good for 12 hours.
-Bronze is a good color for my NC42 or MUFE Face & Body #34 skin.
-Touch up when it dry would provide a sheer oil absorbing coverage.
-Use with ELF flat top powder brush for flawless finish. That brush is like made for this powder foundation. It buffs into your skin really well.
-Cheap and good for on the go days.

Cons:
-I wish there were more yellow/warm undertones for this line. I think all of the shades are either pink or neutral. So it sort of washes out my face color. I have to use a really yellow light, very sheer milani pressed powder on top to put some life back into my face. If i'm not using that, i'd use bronzer.

I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I've bought this several times, it works great when you're short on time but want to even out your complexion. However, the packaging could use some improvement. It looks nice, but in every compact I have bought the powder tin pops out shortly after purchasing. They should use a better glue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Palladio Wet/Dry is the only face product I've tried that has been able to cover my acne's redness. I can still see the bumps (under the skin...ugh!), but they're finally the same color as the rest of my face instead of still peeking out pink-red or ashy gray-purple. I use this powder dry, over a primer, and acne stays covered for the day. This doesn't control oil for me, so I touch up sometimes. I've tried it wet and feel that the finish is too done-up for day wear, but I like it under my eyes as a makeshift concealer. I'm about NW20 and use Laurel Nude. I'll repurchase this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by rtaylor01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ugh. nice finish but turns orange. I think if there were just a few more color choices, perhaps one with a blue/green tone that neutralized the orange, this would be a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by FootSoldier66

First I want to start off by talking about the packaging. I both love it and hate it. I love that there's a breathable spot for the sponge (the vents are good for if you use this product wet, that way the sponge won't get all icky or moldy in it's container) And I think visually, it looks really nice. It's sleak, simple, and classy.

But what I hate about it is that the sponge area is massive yet the part of it that holds the product is incredibly skinny. So you look at it and think "darn, that's not a lot of product." But maybe it's just deceptive. I don't know that yet but maybe I'll come back and update when i've hit pan... just to post how long the product actually lasted in comparison to how it looks... which is like there's just not much there.

Anyway, as for the product itself, I think it's a little expensive for a cheap Sally Beauty Supply/Ulta brand but in the end, it's totally worth it.

Before this, I either used a loose mineral foundation or a liquid foundation. Good loose mineral makeup is expensive but looks amazing and is insanely easy to apply... when you can actually find the right shade. I started feeling so guilty about my poor Ulta because I kept buying all these BE loose minerals or Maybelline loose minerals and returning them. For some reason a product would look great in the store and then I'd get home and.... not so much.

Anyway, then I tried liquid foundation. I LOVE the Revlon Photoready stuff and the dewy look it gives my skin... but it also looked slightly cakey and was just too much darn work to apply.

Soooo that's where my first pressed powder comes into play. I did a lot of research and read many reviews here at MUA and decided to go with the Palladio powder. I am so happy I did.

I don't even need to use it wet. I apply it while it's dry and the result is amazing. I hardly even recognize myself in the mirror... in a good way. It gives me an airbrushed porcelain doll kind of look which I was completely not expecting. I wear this, and a good liquid eye liner and maybe some red lip product and holy cow, is that Audrey Hepburn I see in the mirror?

And what's even more amazing, is that I wear this without any primer and it lasts forever on it's own PLUS it holds whatever blush or bronzer I'm wearing all day too. And the truly miraculous part... the longer i wear it throughout the day, the better my skin looks. It doesn't even make any sense!

So I highly recomment this product. I have it in the lightest shade now but as I get more tan this summer, will probably need a different one soon. The fact that there isn't a huge shade selection may be a turn off, but give it a shot anyway because it blends sooooo well. I didn't think the shade I got would look right on me at all but once i get it on my face, it could not be more perfect.

If you're interested in this, i say go to Ulta and give it a shot. I LOVE it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No