August 1, 2014 | 1641 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by lazyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tanned Asian skin and I love the pop Lady Danger has against my coloring. Well, it would pop against any coloring, I guess, but the orange tint in this red, rather than looking scary, just has a hip, modern edge to it. The florescent quality of it stands out, but in a good way as long as the rest of your face is relatively bare. I googled images of this lipstick before purchasing it and I think it looks good on all skin tones. A good red to add to a collection, even if you don't normally wear red.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by stepstotheleft

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this colour. It's a great red for my skin tone andnwarml reds like this can be hard to find. I found it a bit difficult to apply at first because of the matte consistency. A brush can help here. Once you get it on though, it stays on and doesn't bleed or feather much. Using the MAC Prep + Prime for Lips makes it a lot easier to apply. It can feel a little cakey on. I will definitely be repurchasing this as I love it now that I have worked out how to get it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ling_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on a red lipstick kick. Not just any red lipstick. Intense, warm, bombshell red lipstick. I admit to being sucked in by J. Crew's catalogs where they used a pop of color against a neutral palette. Glossy full color advertisement is not wasted on me. So when I found out that they used Lady Danger in one of their photo shoots, I made it a goal to hunt this lippie down. This is only available in the MAC stores and not at the counters (least not around here). I have a warm olive Asian skin tone (accentuated by a December stint in Maui) and this color is the bomb. I wore it out one evening while running errands and I can't believe how many compliments I got. I walked into a local makeup/beauty shop and was immediately attacked by SAs and customers all asking about the color. This is definitely going to be a staple for me. I can get away with wearing it as an everyday but gotta be careful to tone down the rest of your makeup lest "clown" comes to mind. Just a swipe of jet black mascara and eyeliner with the barest hint of a neutral blush should do the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Leemadison9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

M.A.C's Lady Danger (Matte) is a good name for this extremely bold red-orange lipstick. Careful, on the wrong skin-tone and wrong makeup this lipstick can be dangerous indeed and not in a good way. This color lipstick is definitely not universal in my opinion. I can get away with it on a club night out, but it is not a everyday wearable red, like my Ruby Woo. Use sparingly.
Pros: long wearing, bright, matte
Cons: party or event lipstick only.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I love Lady Danger, but I don't wear it enough year round to buy it over and over. So I wear a dupe with Revlon Fire & Ice. The Revlon is a cream, while LD is a matte, so they are slightly different in texture. Fire & Ice is an opaque cream however, and so you still get the incredible pigment with it. I've recently found several dupes for MAC's most famous lipsticks, and it turns out Revlon has had the majority of them in their line since the late 50's. Even though they were conservative back then, they wanted a killer lipstick. If I want a more subtle dupe. I wear Wet n Wild Cora-line lipstick in # 909D. It is a matte shade. Prestige lip liner in Poppy is an excellent match with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Nicola82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The most fun red lipstick that I've found. It's quite a crazy colour and must be worn "deliberately". It's a really hot orange red which screams - wear this for a mood lift and to feel raucous!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by irisni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite red...its so bright and crazy though...but sexy! I am a fair skinned redhead and this is seriously gorgeous on me (no vanity here). It is mattes, which I love and it stays on very well, although it will smudge if rubbed against.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick, haven't used it that much lately, but it's still one of the favorite lipsticks. It's more on the orange side than other mac lipsticks and I like it, it reminds me of pin-up girls from the 50's. It's great during summer. I also have Mac red lipsticks in russian red and ruby woo, their quality is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! Screaming loud orange-red looks stunning on this PPP redhead! This is my HG red. I wear MAC Chili when I'm trying to look more...respectable...and Lady Danger when I'm out on the town. It is classic retro matte, so throw some gloss over or balm under it. Stays on great too. There is no color out there like this and you can only get it at MAC stores, not counters like Macy's...worth the search!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TishaWithLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been so excited about a Red lipstick in sooooo long. I love Lady Danger. This lipstick isnt for the shy. Its super bold, hawt, and fierce!

I used a nude lipliner and lined my lips. Then I put LD on top and took off excess with a napkin. Then I put translucent powder on top and used a lip brush and put one more coat of it on. I did not need to reapply.

This lipstick is matte and more on the orange side. I like this one better than Russian red which is blue based. I would repurchase this product. I believe any skintone can use this lipstick but has to be used with caution.