September 16, 2014 | 1588 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Eau De Charlotte

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2003 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't get it...smells like Johnson's baby oil to me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 11:58:00 AM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my very favorites from AG! This blackcurrant and cocoa scent is just gorgeous to me. It isn't too sweet or cloying and it is one of the few fruit/foody scents that feels light and feminine to me. I love the scent from initial floral notes to soft, powdery cocoa drydown.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by CharlotteStant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took me three years to figure out this fragrance! I agree with those reviewers who find the notes somewhat cacophonous, but I think perhaps my primary problem with it is that black currant bud is not one of my favorite smells. Having said all that, this fragrance is important to me for two reasons: one, it is so unlike anything else (I think it has too much lily of the valley to be really foody); and, two, it has one of the most delicious dry-downs I have ever experienced. After the top notes wear off, I think Eau de Charlotte is one of the most beautiful perfumes around.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2002 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jjff

Blackcurrant jam and cocoa sounded tempting, but the overall composition of the scent turned out to be anything but harmonious. If, like me, you are on a quest to find a fragrance that renders blackcurrant well, do try Dyptique L'Ombre dans L'Eau and Guerlain Chamade for a different and, dare I say, more masterful twist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2002 8:26:00 AM More reviews by auntgooey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the black currant, cocoa and mimosa notes in this fragrance. If you kind of like Angel but would never never wear it because it's too strong and you don't like patchouli , give Eau de Charlotte a try. Sometimes as I walk by my dresser I have to stop and take the cap off the bottle and just inhale deeply, I love the smell so much. It's a nice strength too. Annick Goutal said that perfume should be a secret between oneself and oneself and only those very close to you can share it. That's my philosophy too. This is the closest thing I have to a signature fragrance. It's powdery and delicious. I've noticed that the Annick Goutal fragrances I've used don't seem to have a drydown. The smell is the same whether its the first 10 minutes or 2 hours. That's fine with me because it all smells so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2002 11:26:00 AM More reviews by niausaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite Annick Goutal scent. It has a "food-y" (chocolate, maybe?) note underscoring the light florals, yet it still feels light enough for spring. This perfume is one of those that will always have a special place on my shelf!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by BethB

This is my favorite fragrance and the only AG scent I like. Very light and slightly powdery with a great combination of fruitiness and vanilla. Dries down on my skin beautifully. This is a yummy fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2002 9:26:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Description from Goutal website:

"Sweet, mischievous, fruity, floral
or the mischievous, romantic woman. Close your eyes and imagine the boldness of blackcurrant bud, and the sweet roundness of mimosa and cocoa.
A blend of fruit and flowers for a sweet and spiritual scent with a hint of romanticism". is Goutal's description of this fragrance.
I beleive this has some other notes as well, lily of the valley and vanilla. I can't wear lily of the valley and although I love Mimosa, I can't wear it, so these 2 notes made this one remind me too much of Creed Spring Flowers, only this is far nicer, much fresher and not nearly as heavy, but a rather common fragrance to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2002 9:48:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

The first note which strikes you here is blackcurrant, not the fresh fruit, but a warm, sweet, jammy scent. Lily of the valley and mimosa waft lightly around the blackcurrant notes for an slightly chilly and floury touch. I have never been able to smell the alleged cocoa in this scent, but there is a pronounced deep tone of wet clay which balances the lightness of the delicate fruit/floral notes. Like most of Annick Goutal's earlier scents, this is straightforward, pretty and feminine, rather than elegant, the white T shirt rather than the couture gown. For the young or the youthful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2001 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Ruby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be a very strange-smelling perfume. It is sweet, but also has this weird kind of "after-smell" which is not so pleasant.