Annick Goutal Eau De Charlotte

3.9

First of all, its not as fruity-yummy as it may sound. At first, the mimosa is very powerful... After about 30 mins. though, it dries down to a softer powdery fruity scent. You cant just put it on and walk out smelling fantastic funnily enough. You have to be patient with it...I'm in love with it. Whenever I wear it I always get compliments :))It's a very complex scent that isnt everyones taste. A little heavy for some but very romantic...

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I knew from the start that this scent isn't really my type, but as it often happens, controversial-sounding scents pick my curiosity so much that I just have to try them! So I did and was very happily surprised. Eau de Charlotte is a unique combo of springy flowers: mimosa and lily of the valley (they don't usually agree with me at all) and a "little girl's breakfast": blackberry jam sandwiches and cocoa. A perfect choice for a certain mood! (added later) I must say I'm smitten with this one! The drydown is warm, "roasted" and absolutely delicious without being too sweet./// Update: Charlotte is now very much one of my most loved ones, the "soulmate scents"! When I'll run out, I must have a new bottle...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't get it...smells like Johnson's baby oil to me...

One of my very favorites from AG! This blackcurrant and cocoa scent is just gorgeous to me. It isn't too sweet or cloying and it is one of the few fruit/foody scents that feels light and feminine to me. I love the scent from initial floral notes to soft, powdery cocoa drydown.

It took me three years to figure out this fragrance! I agree with those reviewers who find the notes somewhat cacophonous, but I think perhaps my primary problem with it is that black currant bud is not one of my favorite smells. Having said all that, this fragrance is important to me for two reasons: one, it is so unlike anything else (I think it has too much lily of the valley to be really foody); and, two, it has one of the most delicious dry-downs I have ever experienced. After the top notes wear off, I think Eau de Charlotte is one of the most beautiful perfumes around.

Blackcurrant jam and cocoa sounded tempting, but the overall composition of the scent turned out to be anything but harmonious. If, like me, you are on a quest to find a fragrance that renders blackcurrant well, do try Dyptique L'Ombre dans L'Eau and Guerlain Chamade for a different and, dare I say, more masterful twist.

I love the black currant, cocoa and mimosa notes in this fragrance. If you kind of like Angel but would never never wear it because it's too strong and you don't like patchouli , give Eau de Charlotte a try. Sometimes as I walk by my dresser I have to stop and take the cap off the bottle and just inhale deeply, I love the smell so much. It's a nice strength too. Annick Goutal said that perfume should be a secret between oneself and oneself and only those very close to you can share it. That's my philosophy too. This is the closest thing I have to a signature fragrance. It's powdery and delicious. I've noticed that the Annick Goutal fragrances I've used don't seem to have a drydown. The smell is the same whether its the first 10 minutes or 2 hours. That's fine with me because it all smells so good!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite Annick Goutal scent. It has a "food-y" (chocolate, maybe?) note underscoring the light florals, yet it still feels light enough for spring. This perfume is one of those that will always have a special place on my shelf!

This is my favorite fragrance and the only AG scent I like. Very light and slightly powdery with a great combination of fruitiness and vanilla. Dries down on my skin beautifully. This is a yummy fragrance.

Description from Goutal website:

"Sweet, mischievous, fruity, floral
or the mischievous, romantic woman. Close your eyes and imagine the boldness of blackcurrant bud, and the sweet roundness of mimosa and cocoa.
A blend of fruit and flowers for a sweet and spiritual scent with a hint of romanticism". is Goutal's description of this fragrance.
I beleive this has some other notes as well, lily of the valley and vanilla. I can't wear lily of the valley and although I love Mimosa, I can't wear it, so these 2 notes made this one remind me too much of Creed Spring Flowers, only this is far nicer, much fresher and not nearly as heavy, but a rather common fragrance to me.

Popular Fragrances