December 18, 2014 | 1559 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 10:24:00 AM More reviews by schminken

I swapped this away and gave it 3 lippies but let me explain why. I love NARS and I find it hard to be critical of most of the line but.....

I love the formualtion of NARS lipsticks and this is no exception. I also like that there's no foody, fruity, perfumy smells to the products. I took 1 lippie off because I found Barberella to be on the dry side(this has never happened with a NARS lippie on me before) and I took off another lippie because the color didn't work on me. I have very pigmented lips and I just can't get it show up and it kind of washes me out because it's too light. However, I did put that I would buy again. This is because I am a NARS collector and I miss it as part of my collection already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2004 8:57:00 AM More reviews by MsiLLneSs

I absolutely LOVE Barbarella. So far its my favorite NARS L/s. It's so peachy, and it's not drying at all and looks great with any color blush. I love this color and will rebuy it for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color is a gorgeous peach. I have to apply it heavily to get it to work on my pigmented lips, but it's really worth it. It brightens my face and does not wash me out. So flaterring on me (GGG, brown hair and eyes). Prefect for spring/summer. UPDATE: I adore the color, but everytime I wear it my lips get so dry and peel and flake. I except more than that from NARS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by shannong

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this lippy. It is the closest I have come to finding a lookalike for an old HG--Cliniqe Applesauce---that was discon't in the mid-90's. On my MMM complexion with dark hair and eyes, this looks like a warm peachy/coral that doesn't make me look washed out. I hate spending $22.50 on a lipstick, but for a color this unique, it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by pamelap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a great nudey peach, I do however prefer to top this one with gloss for a little more oomph! I've tried this with both Frisky Summer and Turkish delight l/g for equally satisfying results! I love how easy Nars l/s glide on and moisturize my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2004 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lipstick I've just "rediscovered", as Nars is showing it for Spring, combined with the new Jilted Love lipliner and the Frisky Summer gloss. Well, this morning I applied the Barbarella, then lined with the Jilted Love, and finally glossed with (believe it or not) Flareup!My lips are strongly pigmented on the mauve side but this lippie reads as a warm coral on me. Love it! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2004 7:37:00 PM More reviews by tkdgodess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the packaging, love the colour, but being a lippie, it doesn't last, but I still get sucked into to new ones. I like this, it is a nice peach with a hint of pink, but more peach, very pretty. A bit pricy but the colour and packaging make it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Liv24

Barbarella is a sheer pale apricot with a hint of pink. The formula is such that it allows for a creamy but still natural finish or the sheerest application that makes for a really natural and innocent look. Think Asian pop. It's a very cute color that goes well with my high contrast coloring -- very pale skin, dark hair, brown eyes, black eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2004 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

$22.00 for a Lipstick(it's NOT chanel, afterall)? & I would Not have payed THIS price, but I got One free & one for 20% off- so the 2 should last quite awhile, as it is Not an Everyday L/S, but it is a great-sexy Nudish/peach- with a smoky eye-Love the texture & Packaging-
I use Lancome JT in 'Simmer' over this- Just gorgeous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! i gives my lips a natural peachy look.It's not too bright,so it looks natural.:) this lipstick is fantastic! :)