October 20, 2014 | 1014 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ambriki

I LOVE b2m! I have got about 10 lipstiks from this (I live in the UK, and as far as I know you cannot get eyeshadows as a substitute, but it would be wicked if you could).

I never really used to wear lipstic (more of a gloss gal), but since this I have tried so many looks: nude with Myth, Honeylove (my 1st ever b2m!) and Cremesheen Creme d'nude, pinky with Cremesheen Cremecup and Slimshine Fundays, reds...LOVE THIS!

As others have said, wish other companies did the same. Would be ace if Space NK did a similar thing ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by belissimagirl

This is a great program and has been going since the 90's, back then you just had to bring in 5 but of course times change and now it is 6. I brought in 24 items last fall and got 4 items, all lipsticks. One of the compacts I brought in was an old Studiofix one from the 90's that I had found in a drawer; it was shiny on the outside instead of the matte black finish you see today. Since that was the only difference I turned it in, maybe I should have kept it for the heck of it, I don't know. The SA got a kick out of it and was showing it a bit. I will be making a return trip soon and plan to get a few shades of lipstick I normally wouldn't buy, just to experiment with. (I really only like nude lips for myself)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by briii

i LOVE the back 2 mac program!! who couldnt love it?!
its awesome!! (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Back to MAC is an excellent, excellent program! I'm so glad they have this in place! Back to MAC give me incentive to actually finish a product completely. It's also good for the environment & you get a free lipstick! My MAC store lets you pick an eyeshadow if you want instead of a lipstick -- which is equally as cool. Love, love, LOVE Back to MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Nikhun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once I found out about this program my boyfriend helped me depot all of my eyeshadows and blushes. ONLY problem was we only have one mac counter and it's in macys and I can't buy the empty 15 pallets and empty 6 blush pallets. So I had to drive to the free standing mac store on state street in Santa Barbara. Which really didn't bother me that much because me and my boyfriend made a fun day out of it and I got to get free eyeshadows and a lipstick since it was a freestanding store not a counter.. But it's not too good for my gas tank :/ Other than that I'm thrilled with this prgram! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it sucks because it is not available in my country!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by o1thirtyoneo2

Great program. I would never buy a $14.50 eyeshadow in the pot (when I can get the pan form for $11) just to be able to b2m for it, that's silly. I really don't think anybody would honestly do that. Whatever I use towards my recycles is stuff like blushes or foundations, or even eyebrow pencils. To me this isn't about paying more to get a free product. It's basically stuff I normally buy, and instead of throwing it out I get my free lipstick, eyeshadow or gloss. So I get to recycle and I get a freebie!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by playtilmidnight

Hmm... I don't think this program is worth it if you're B2Ming eyeshadow containers. Let's see (using Canadian prices):

Eyeshadows in pan form = $13.00
To fill a pan = $13.00 x 15
= $195.00

Eyeshadows in B2M packaging = $16.50
To fill a pan = $16.50 x 15
= $247.50

Lipsticks = $16.50
Each full palette of 15 eyeshadows gets you 2.5 lipsticks.
= $41.25

$195.00 + $41.25 = $236.25

It is $11.25 more expensive to B2M than it is to just buy the eyeshadows in pan form and buy the lipsticks separately. This is just for eyeshadows and lipsticks, though. I'm not going to calculate how much you're saving/losing if you B2M other stuff and get a free lipglass or whatever. Also, even though B2M is a nice recycling program, you wouldn't need to recycle if you don't have garbage in the first place. My two cents. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Dixy10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only did this 2 weeks ago and my nearest freestanding mac is London so it was only a lipstick for me but to tell the truth that doesnt bother me at all. I got russian red which I wouldnt of bought because its completly out of character for me to where red lipstick. I just love the fact that I can pick something that I wouldnt normally go for and if I really go off it it wasnt a waste of money. I took 6 eyeshadow pans with no metal inserts and it was fine. My daughters having the next one as a treat because she helps me to depot. Just hope they keep doing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yay for B2MAC! This is the best, if you go to a department stores than you can only purchase a lipstick(not the viva glam lipsticks because all proceeds go to AIDS funding program), but it does include limited edition lipsticks... but my personal choice is to go to a MAC store personally! At a MAC store (not within a department store but rather in it's own withstanding store within a mall) I can choose from an eyeshadow, lipglass, lustreglass, plushglass, lipstick, dazzleglass and any limited edition shades of these counts!!! On top of this, the new cremesheen glasses will be available for this! AND, my back2MAC products can be used as part of the 6 empties, here they don't write anything on the container so I can't bring it back. And EVEN I can bring any limited edition whatever to the store (some of you have problems with this?)Wow, this program is the best, I hear complaints? I wonder if it's because things here in Canada are more lenient? It's probably because MAC is from Toronto here in Canada... maybe they are easier on us :P?! Hope you guys have better luck! If you have problems, you can go on maccosmetics.ca or .com i guess, and talk to a live chat makeup artist... ask her etc what they will accept e.g. will you take 6 empties for dazzleglass limited edition? and she will say yes to whatever product you ask, you can then print the conversation and go to your MAC counter and show this if you have problems! Plus, I just found out that mac accepts empty duo adhesive or false lash cases! Lol, it only sucks that they don't accept refill pans. I wish MAC store accepted them though at the least? I mean they have a record of the pans you buy on your file! But nooooo too many people screw up a good thing and con-artisted MAC.