December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall...Outshine is an ok product, but I would not purchase it (I received it in a swap). I have fine yet abundant hair that is also lightened, so it's on the dry side. I like my hair to have some volume and have a hard time finding products that provide moisture without weighing my hair down. I always use some type of leave-in, rotating between Redken's Anti-Snap and Loreal's Nature's Therapy Heat Control. I also will use some type of light smoothing lotion on my dry hair after styling.

I first used this on my dry hair, and it worked ok, but nothing great...it did smooth my hair without feeling heavy, but I did not see any difference in added shine. So, I decided to try it on my wet hair...not good! I did not use a lot, and even so, it made my hair look greasy and I could "feel" the product in my hair, which I hate. Since there are other products out there that do just as good of a job on dry hair, I would not purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2004 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I would say that this product is worth every cent (it's quite expensive)! I have long straight thick hair that's on the frzzy side. This is the perfect product to tame frizzies and smooth down the hair without weighing it down. I wouldn't say that it gives much shine but that's not what I'm looking for. I use it to wet or dry hair or mix it up with my other styling products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fine hair, so I was worried that this product might weigh it down... nothing could be further from the truth! I rubbed a small amount between my palms and ran it through my hair right after coming out of the shower. Not only does it make combing out my hair like a knife through warm butter, but my hair was soft, shiny, and did not look greasy. The product feels very heavy and thick when you first apply it - I was initially worried I had put too much of it in, but my hair just soaked it up. It makes your hair soft, shiny, and sleek without ever looking greasy. This is the HG, ladies - I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2004 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Glo8212

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this product yet! I've been using it for two months now and I'm in LOVE! It's a great after styling product, and I also use it on damp hair pre-blow dry. I prefer to put it on my dry hair to combat frizz, add shine, and "conceal" my dry looking ends (I got a texturized cut so even though my hair is healthy the ends look split). I will continue to buy this, haven't found anything better and actually dont really want to look! Great stuff IMO!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm very pleased with Outshine, but I have to admit that I'm a Redken junkie !!! I apply Outshine to my damp hair on days that I just pull it back into a bun, it really helps with frizzies. I have very thick, coarse, naturally curly hair that has absolutly no shine unless I use this product... I haven't tried it on days I diffuse my hair, I'll update later =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great at smoothing hair, making it soft and eliminating frizz. It feels silky soft,and you only have to use a small ammount.
Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2004 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Ducki925

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE outshine! Too bad I'm a college student and way too poor to keep buying it. It has worked on my fly away fizzy wavy to curly hair like nothing else in the world. But, alas, I can't afford to keep it up so I switched to Aussie.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarahrae21

I asked a girl at work who's hair was flawless what she used and she told me about this product. It is very helpful for frizzy unmanageable hair, but I dont apply to roots because it is too heavy, but it does great for my dry damaged hair at the bottom. I am on my second bottle after trying phyto defrisiant which all the mags rave about and it sucked!! I was so pissed 25 bucks on crap. But outshine is only 15 bucks and it does a good job. Still searching for the ultimate cure, but this helps until then.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2004 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This did not do anything for my fine slightly wavy hair. I did not notice any more shine or any less frizz. It doesn't give any hold either (although I knew that when I bought it) so I won't buy it again. Until I run out I will continue to use it up by mixing some with the straightening gel or with Anti-Snap leave-in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lin_m

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have thick wavy hair that's cut short. This is just the right styling product to add control and shine, and to tame the frizziness I generally get. It is expensive, but a very small amount goes a long way. I'm sure it'll be a year before I have to purchase again.