Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this to use as a hand soap in my master bath because it cleans well, doesn't leave my hands dry, doesn't have a scent (if you buy the unscented), and the packaging is great. I'm almost through the bottle and I finally started using it on my face. And it's a great cleanser: really takes off makeup without scrubbing, rinses easily, and doesn't leave a film. Certainly worth a try especially if you wear full eye makeup and don't want to spend the time or money on a makeup remover.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I have been snubbing this for years. I never really picked up the bottle in the store to see "Fragrance Free" on the front -- for some reason, I always assumed this product had fragrance it it (I think many years ago, I used the amber soaps and they had a smell I didn't like -- I'm still wondering if that was indeed Neutrogena, so probably my bad.) Anyway, I picked a bottle of this up because I recently got contact lenses, and they recommended a clear, fragrance free cleanser on hands prior to putting lenses in. I was having issues with my lenses with our regular hand soap, along with using Neutrogena Fresh Foaming on my hands. My daughter, who is now 9, also needs to start a good skincare routine, so I thought this stuff would probably be good for her face. I reluctantly used it on my face one morning (I tend to have very sensitive dry skin) and I actually like this product better than Fresh Foaming. No stinging and my skin didn't dry out. I'm not sure which is better for my drier skin in the winter -- (Fresh Foaming or this one) I might have to switch back and forth in Summer and Winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(phew. Sorry for the excessive exclamation points!)

I have used all sorts of crap to get rid of zits. After trying ProActiv and finding the results mediocre, I almost considered going to the derm. However, my mom(a biologist who works in pharmaceuticals) advised against it because of harmful side effects of medication, and a strong chance that I would built up an antibiotic resistance. One night, I just got so angry at myself and my scarred, acne-ridden crap skin I almost started bawling. School was starting soon and I could NOT go through another year of heavy makeup and painful pimples. I had this on my bathroom counter for quite a while, but I had been trying other products so I hadn't even bothered to use this for months. I gave this another chance, and my skin felt GREAT. It was clean, the oil was gone, all my makeup was taken off effectively, and my zits seemed to get smaller. I had only started using toner and moisturizer and BP a year ago, and since then, my skin seemed to get worse. So I tried a new skincare routine. I used this and ONLY this twice a day, morning and night. If I needed to, I would dab Neutrogena 2.5% BP spot treatment on certain zits. It's only been 3 days, and my skin is SIGNIFICANTLY clearer. I almost can't wait until I can wash my face with this stuff again!

The only slight problem is that it is quite drying, so I would not recommend this for girls with dry skin or even combo skin. However, it's nothing my tinted moisturizer can't help! Also, it may sting to get this in your eyes, so don't use to it take off eye makeup. This product is so great, I won't even take a lippie off for this!

Overall Rating: 5 lippies! Yay!

Price: 1 lippie! Yay!

Packaging: 5 lippies! I like the pump!

Yeah, I'll buy it again I guess...

Well, I've been wanting to try this stuff for a while. I always see ads for it in Allure and all those other beauty mags. My great aunt uses Lancome, La Mer and other expensive brands to moisterize with but she only uses this to wash her face with. I usually pick up the Purpose cleanser when I'm going to buy a drugstore cleanser. I always go back to Purpose. but I decided to try this. It's very basic. It cleans my face and leaves me with that sqeaky clean feel. I think it's one of those cleansers you should try if you've never tried it. And you'd only be out $5 is you don't like it.

In my opinion, this cleanser was horrible for me. I have combo skin, oily T-zone with moderately dry cheeks. After using this product my skin became dull and began to break out a bit, but then again everybody's skin is different so you'll get different results. This cleanser gave a really squeaky clean feeling afterwards and was a bit drying but that could be fixed with some moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have literally been using this product since I was 14 years old, and have always come back to it. If I break out from another cleanser, I go back to this and everything clears up. It doesn't dry my skin out either. It gets really foamy too, which I like. A tip that helps me is to wash your face for at least 45 seconds. I used to just throw on this soap then wash it off, but it works much better if you wash for a longer time. Lastly, my skin usually gets "immune" to products and they stop working after time. Not with this -- consistently great. Cheap too (comparatively speaking).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty happy with this one! I have been using the Neutrogena bar soap for 20 years now. Because they melt so easy I've always kept my soapdish in the freezer to stretch it's lasting power. My local Wal-mart was out of the bar soap completely and I desperately needed something to clean my face, I can't use my body bar or I'll break out. I grabbed this figuring what the heck. It lathers slightly thicker than my bar soap, but works almost identical. I like the pump dispenser, and I don't have to keep this one in the freezer to keep it from melting! Will repurchase!

I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and I LOVE IT! My skin is soft and supple. No break outs during "that time of the month" when i usually get one or two. I think I FINALLY found my HG cleanser!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is all you need when it comes to facial cleansing! I've occasionally switched around because I get caught up in advertisements for new products, but nothing has ever beat good old Liquid Neutrogena. This makes my face absolutely positively CLEAN. It's great.

A word of caution, though: I have normal/combo skin. This might be a bit drying for anyone who has naturally drier skin, but I don't see how a good moisturizer wouldn't fix that.

I used this cleanser for awhile but stopped using it when I started using Proactiv. It cleansed my skin really well and didn't irritate my skin or break it out at all. I started using it 'cause my mom did. She actually still uses it and has for quite a few years now and her skin is amazing (friends and strangers alike think she's my sister)! It lathers really well and cleanses without stripping your skin of natural moisture. It is a little pricey, but it's worth it! The packaging is also nice and simple, nothing fancy and overdone. Simple but effective, just like all of Neutrogena's products! Besides the cleanser and lotion from Proactiv, I use only Neutrogena moisturizers and my skin is great now (I used to have really bad acne)!