Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/13/2008 7:57:00 PM

Overall Rating: 5 lippies! Yay!

Price: 1 lippie! Yay!

Packaging: 5 lippies! I like the pump!

Yeah, I'll buy it again I guess...

Well, I've been wanting to try this stuff for a while. I always see ads for it in Allure and all those other beauty mags. My great aunt uses Lancome, La Mer and other expensive brands to moisterize with but she only uses this to wash her face with. I usually pick up the Purpose cleanser when I'm going to buy a drugstore cleanser. I always go back to Purpose. but I decided to try this. It's very basic. It cleans my face and leaves me with that sqeaky clean feel. I think it's one of those cleansers you should try if you've never tried it. And you'd only be out $5 is you don't like it.

on 6/10/2008 2:48:00 PM

In my opinion, this cleanser was horrible for me. I have combo skin, oily T-zone with moderately dry cheeks. After using this product my skin became dull and began to break out a bit, but then again everybody's skin is different so you'll get different results. This cleanser gave a really squeaky clean feeling afterwards and was a bit drying but that could be fixed with some moisturizer.

on 4/16/2008 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have literally been using this product since I was 14 years old, and have always come back to it. If I break out from another cleanser, I go back to this and everything clears up. It doesn't dry my skin out either. It gets really foamy too, which I like. A tip that helps me is to wash your face for at least 45 seconds. I used to just throw on this soap then wash it off, but it works much better if you wash for a longer time. Lastly, my skin usually gets "immune" to products and they stop working after time. Not with this -- consistently great. Cheap too (comparatively speaking).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty happy with this one! I have been using the Neutrogena bar soap for 20 years now. Because they melt so easy I've always kept my soapdish in the freezer to stretch it's lasting power. My local Wal-mart was out of the bar soap completely and I desperately needed something to clean my face, I can't use my body bar or I'll break out. I grabbed this figuring what the heck. It lathers slightly thicker than my bar soap, but works almost identical. I like the pump dispenser, and I don't have to keep this one in the freezer to keep it from melting! Will repurchase!

I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and I LOVE IT! My skin is soft and supple. No break outs during "that time of the month" when i usually get one or two. I think I FINALLY found my HG cleanser!

on 2/29/2008 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is all you need when it comes to facial cleansing! I've occasionally switched around because I get caught up in advertisements for new products, but nothing has ever beat good old Liquid Neutrogena. This makes my face absolutely positively CLEAN. It's great.

A word of caution, though: I have normal/combo skin. This might be a bit drying for anyone who has naturally drier skin, but I don't see how a good moisturizer wouldn't fix that.

I used this cleanser for awhile but stopped using it when I started using Proactiv. It cleansed my skin really well and didn't irritate my skin or break it out at all. I started using it 'cause my mom did. She actually still uses it and has for quite a few years now and her skin is amazing (friends and strangers alike think she's my sister)! It lathers really well and cleanses without stripping your skin of natural moisture. It is a little pricey, but it's worth it! The packaging is also nice and simple, nothing fancy and overdone. Simple but effective, just like all of Neutrogena's products! Besides the cleanser and lotion from Proactiv, I use only Neutrogena moisturizers and my skin is great now (I used to have really bad acne)!

on 12/25/2007 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I've used this for about a month. At first, I claimed it possibly being my hg but no. It isn't bad... but although it is fragrance free, it has this medical smell to it that whenever I used it, I felt like I'm using heavy duty cleaner. After a week or two, I also noticed it stinging around the corners of my mouth and nose. That's weird. I need to stop playing around with stuff and stick with what works, like J&J head-to-toe. :) Other than that, the bottle is pretty and I think I would recommend this (although not as a first) but I won't be repurchasing.

on 12/10/2007 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product, I originally bought this for my aunt to use but when I ran out of my cleanser (I have acne), and I started to use her cleanser, I was really pleasantly surprised. My skin felt clean, it automatically looked better (I like to use this cleanser especially after my skin gets all red and irritated). The price is good too, I have not been using this for the long term because I am using special acne cleansers but I am going to try and use it for the long run and see if it helps.

on 12/6/2007 8:28:00 PM

My favorite cleanser and the one I keep coming back to. It removes ALL traces of makeup at night and is a nice wake-up for skin in the morning. Plus, the amount you get for the price is great. Lather it up really well and it has an elegant feel to it, rinses clean.