Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

Works well.....but good lord, WHAT is that smell? Not something I would want to put all over my face near my sensitive eyes and right under my nose. Disappointing, I'm a hardcore LM fan and it would probably be my go to if it were scentless.

on 8/1/2010 11:19:00 AM

This product has a LOT of hype surrounding it. So, deciding that I wanted to introduce a primer into my make-up ritual to keep my foundation nice and fresh I plumped for this one.
The good news is that it feels quite fresh on the skin and is absorbed super quickly, meaning that you can apply your foundation almost immediately. I found that it does help make-up gone on a little smoother and makes it last a bit longer throughout the day, but is it worth the hefty price tag? I'm not sure. In fact with so many other primers flooding the market now I don't think I'd re-purchase as it's nice but does not blow me away.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is the only primer out of the tons I have tried that has left my skin more oily and shiney throughout the day. This primer also does nothing for my pores, other primers have given me that smooth surface so that my foundation spreads nicely, but LM has failed to impress me.

on 7/3/2010 6:48:00 PM

I like this primer. I find it of excellent quality but a little bit pricey since it doesn't last that long. It keeps the make up in its place all day long and doesn't clog my pores. Would definitely buy it again.

on 7/2/2010 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I got this as a large sample gift from Sephora for my VIP shopper birthday gift, and this stuff has my face mad shiny and it's only 8:30 a.m.!! Luckily, I brought my powder with me to fix this primer's problems.

on 6/29/2010 9:01:00 AM

i've combination skin, and i got an oil free primer.
it doesn't do anything to my skin. it's a heavy and greasy, doesn't blend that well, doesnt give that smooth texture as other gel primers. my t-zone gets more oily with this.

on 6/15/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

One of my favourite primer! The texture is like a face cream, not like the smashbox photo primer(blend) where the texture is dry and powdery. It holds the foundation in place very well, it also even out my skin for my foundation to go on flawlessly. It is hydrating as well just like a face cream.

on 5/12/2010 4:26:00 PM

Love this primer for 2 reasons: It helps my foundation stay on twice as long. Secondly, my foundation applies a lot smoother onto my face for a flawless finish. A staple for my makeup bag.

on 5/9/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

After tried several other primers, such as Smashbox, Chanel, MAC, I come back to Laura Mercier. I will say this is the ONE. Smashbox is good if you want to fill in fine lines and pores. Chanel is good but too expensive. MAC (not the SPF 50 one) won't hold the makeup through out the day. Laura Mercier primer make my liquid foundatioin stay on put and color true all day long! You need put little bit more (like pea size) to make it work better. I can't live without it.

on 4/27/2010 1:06:00 AM

I bought this product a year ago when I was still wearing various liquid foundations - I hated it. It did nothing to preserve the foundation from coming off before the end of the day. Recently, I started using Bare minerals foundation which made my skin look so nice at the beginning of the day, but once again, by the end of the day looked like crap (still on in some areas, completely gone in others). I tried various changes in my skincare/makeup routine - ideally, I wanted dewy, consistent coverage that stayed on until the end of the day. The other day I randomly decided to give this primer another chance and I am SO glad I did. Apparently, it sucks for liquid foundation but is a MIRACLE for powder foundation. The first day I could not believe my eyes when I looked in the mirror after work. This was the piece to the puzzle that had been in my drawer the whole time! Highly recommend it for use with at least bare minerals foundation, not sure about other mineral or powder foundations.

Popular Primer/ Correctors