Philosophy Soul Owner

3.9

water, glycolic acid, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl stearate se, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, propylene glycol, sorbitan stearate, sorbitol, cetearyl alcohol, sd alcohol 40 b, eucalyptus globulus oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, salicylic acid, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, fd&c blue no.1

on 1/6/2004 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not only did this stuff permanently take the shine off the nail polish on my toenails, it made the skin on the top of my feet peel as if they'd been burnt to a crisp! Scary! I know it's supposed to be exfoliating, but really, sheets of skin peeling off my feet after just one application??? Yikes!!! I'm sticking to my pumice stone and Burt's Bees Coconut foot cream, thank you very much!

on 12/8/2003 9:41:00 PM

Finally bought this while on holiday after reading all the raves about it. I applied it each night after busy days walking round Disneyland and it totally worked. My feet were refreshed and softer in the morning. A new staple for me.

I've been using Soul Owner for a week and there is a positive difference in my skin texture. Like some other reviewers, the soft skin on the top of my feet has started peeling, so I am only applying Soul Owner to the rough bits on the bottom. It works well in conjunction with a foot file as a maintenance program. Definitely recommended.

on 11/18/2003 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am usually a big Philosophy fan, but I find this product only so-so. It is nice, to be sure, but I think there are products that are just as good/better for much less money.

on 11/10/2003 9:25:00 AM

Top-notch exfoliating foot cream with glycolic acid. Works as well as MD Pedicreme though a little greasier. The fragrance is quite refreshing too.

on 11/10/2003 8:29:00 AM

This costs AUD$36 in Australia. It has a nice-enough eucalyptus smell and has a thick-enough consistency. And it has some cool sayings on the packaging. This exfoliates for sure, but I don't find my feet any softer the next day. I know it's exfoliating because it ate away the fake tan on my feet. My feet feel the same, and the exfoliation actually made it drier.

So I alternate this between other moisturisers like the Eulactol Heel Balm, or any body moisturiser really, to give it back its moisture. If this didn't dry out my feet I would give it a 4, but because even then I would find it overpriced, so it doesn't deserve a 5!

continued >>

on 10/11/2003 1:17:00 AM

I LOVE this thing! :) I hardly use any foot cream, mostly I just put some lotion on them. My feet were really dry most of the time, so my mom grabbed me a bottle of this thing. After I used it, the next day my feet were like WOW... soft and the feelings

on 10/13/2003 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this. It's thick and emollient, but doesn't leave my feet greasy. I use it at night with socks on and in the morning my feet are soft and great!

I'd buy this again!

I love this stuff!!!! From the first try, it was love at first touch. I am a runner, so foot creams are so important. This one is great because it is thick, creamy, and has a cooling, menthol-type effect (I think it is the eucalyptus oil). Kind of smells like Noxema (the menthol effect, I guess), so I only gave it 4 lippies. But I'm on my second container already, and will definitely re-purchase unless someone points out a better product!

on 9/27/2003 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

People sometimes call me Peppermint Patty. The character from Peanuts/Snoopy who only wore sandals. I wear sandals or go barefoot most of the year, through snow and rain and burning pavement. I have tried most drugstore foot creams and they did not do much beyond the surface of my rough feet. I then tried Burt's Bees coconut foot cream which is better then drugstore. Then I found this little gem from Philosophy! Wow - It is amazing. Leaves me feet so smooth and is refreshingly tingly. I also find the lavender scent is calming as I go to sleep. If you like wearing sandals year round definitly check this out!