Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/2/2008 9:41:00 PM

i love this stuff
i hate how u have to dig ur nails into the pot eventually HOWEVER in a mistake turned amazing i left this in my car on its side in the middle of a heat wave. lets just say it melted sideways in the jar. absolutely amazing i think, ive never had Vaseline in my nails again

on 10/8/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

best product ever!!! easy to apply, cheap and it is not too sticky like kiehl's lip balm. i swear by this item.

on 6/27/2008 6:21:00 AM

Doesn't really take a genius to figure out how to use this does it? ;) So it slicks on pretty easily but it feels quite thick and waxy. I try my best to reserve judgement because some of the more intensive balms are thicker to fully moisturise and plump your dry lips back up. It doesn't really look obvious when you wear this because it's transparent, but it does give your lips a really glossy look depending on how much you put on. It has no real scent either. A guy could definitely get away with using this to moisturise his lips.

If I am perfectly honest, the texture of this was so thick that I really wanted to wipe it off after 5-10 minutes but due to the fact I had to give it a fair test for the book I left it on for an hour or so. After that I just had to wipe it off and give my lips a break before reapplying it. I am not sure why I find thicker lip treatments so unpleasant but they feel to me like lipstick. Obviously this is petroleum, but it is really thick, heavy and oily. The only lip balm I've used which was this heavy before was one including SPF protection, and this doesn't. On the plus side it makes dry lips feel soothed from the first application and does not wear off quickly if you talk/eat/drink so it'll stay put if you want it to for quite a while.

After a few days I found that the results were underwhelming for the unpleasantness of wearing this. It kept my lips reasonably moisturised if they were already in a good condition but it wouldn't heal cracks like my usual raspberry lip balm would.

The major advantage of vaseline is that it is dirt cheap. I get it for 99 pence! Other advantages are that it's easy to carry around as it's small...but the little tub is sometimes a pain. On certain days I can't open the lid. Also if you've just moisturised your hands, forget about trying to open this! I prefer stick form lip treatments.
Vaseline stays on well and it does give a moist look to your lips. I think 99 pence is a very good price for this product if you don't mind how it feels on your lips.

on 4/1/2008 7:08:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Meh, my mom used it too, but I'd rather have shea butter.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My ultimate HG! Haha I've been using this since middle school, ever since I was tall enough to see my mom's beauty counter. She used it for everything - dry elbows, lips, around the hairline when she dyed her hair, etc. I have more oily skin than her so I don't put it on my face, but I will always put a thin amount on my lips. My lips are always slightly chapped and pale when not moisturized, so without it or some lipstick, I look like a zombie.

I religiously put this on at night and in the morning after I wash my face and brush my teeth. I have a huge tub in my bathroom, a small pot downstairs, and a bunch of tiny tubes in my purses for that touch up during the day. Ladies, for the price and the results, you can't turn this down!

on 2/3/2008 3:51:00 PM

What an inexpensive & wonderful product! Great for lips of course, especially in the winter, but one of the best things to do is to slather your feet and hands with them before bed time, then put on socks and a pair of gloves to keep the moisture in while you're sleeping. Fantastic! Tried and true product.

on 11/2/2007 9:51:00 PM

Best thing ever for seriously chapped lips! I swear there is nothing that even compares... this is the only thing I would ever use on my lips when they start to crack after all that skiing in the winter.

on 10/29/2007 9:02:00 PM

For the longest time I spent big money on curing my chap lips. I would find a product and then my lips would get used to it and as a result it stopped working. My friend who is allergic to all kinds of lip glosses and chap sticks always used Vaseline, and I didn't get why, until I tried it. I immediately went out and bought myself one, I've been using it ever sine. For the money ($2.00) its a great value, I've had the same one since Feburary and Its now almost November. I suggest getting one in a tube rather than a tube, its more hygienic.

on 10/16/2007 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I used to think Vaseline was so gross and didn't understand why some people were so in love with it...I love it now!!! I used some of my sister's on my lips and it makes them oh so soft! I had to go to target and get myself a mini jar of vaseline. I don't think I'd use it any other place than lips. Although I recall one of my friends saying she put the stuff all over her face before bed every night and she has pretty good skin...that just sounds too icky to me.

on 8/5/2007 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this!!! I use it for my lips all the time. I can't use other lip balms/chapsticks because they irritate my lips real bad. Not only its cheap but it lasts for a long time.