The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

on 11/22/2007 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

The Body Shop Body Butters are lovely thick creams for drier skin, luscious texture, and a very good deal compared to market peers. I've used the Body Butters in Brazil Nut, Cocoa, Coconut, Olive, and Shea. All are excellent; they are slightly scented, but not enough to produce allergic reactions. Other versions are available, but are more heavily scented or include some ingredients my skin isn't overly happy with, so I've not used them. The Butters also work well as winter hand- and foot-creams. How to choose amongst them?

The Cocoa Butter version is intended for very dry skin; it fulfills this purpose, but I didn't find it as moisturizing as the other Butter intended for very dry skin, the Shea. Also, the Cocoa doesn't smell as cocoa-ish as many other cocoa butter creams on the market. Slightly too sweet - more like the caramel scent of milk chocolate, than the dark, slightly bitter-coffee scent of dark chocolate and actual cocoa butter. There are better cocoa butters out there: Palmer's and JASON 100%, for instance.

Contains mainly soybean oil, cocoa and shea butters, and cyclomethicone (the "less heavy" silicone).

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour). continued >>

on 11/16/2007 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

it does it all for me!! our winter is the harshest on planet earth!! the most dry climat u can imagine.. yet i am armed with this baby early. i cant even believe the results myself. i used to have a very extreme dry skin.. now after layering my body with cocoa body after each shower.. my skin is well moustirized and soft. i never looked nor feeled more better in my entire life! i use it also for my feet when i go to sleep wearing socks :)

on 10/16/2007 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very moisturising, i have really dry legs (the skin looks cracked) and it's really improved the moisture. I prefer the smell of Palmer's cocoa butter though. The texture of this body butter is quite thick and heavy (like a butter is supposed to be i suppose). It does stay for a long time. I don't recommend going out in teh day time with this on your bare legs - it attracts dirt =(

on 10/11/2007 12:21:00 PM

Having used the brazil nut and shea body butters from TBS, I was disappointed with the smell of this one. It has a very faint powdery scent, not the rich chocolatey vanilla scent the name suggests. Brazil nut has more of a chocolate scent IMO. Still an excellent moisturizer tho.

on 10/4/2007 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff smells really good! It does leave my skin greasy, but in the winter I don't mind that. When I put this on at night my skin is nice and soft and moisturized in the morning. Some butters and lotions leave my skin feeling dry in the morning! This is my winter staple. I can't wait for it to get cold again so I can use it :)

on 9/26/2007 11:33:00 AM

I use this product as an anti-stretch mark cream. Although I know that pregnancy stretch marks also depend on your genetics- this cream really moisturizes my tummy area extremely well- and so far (knock on wood) not a single stretch mark. The cocoa butter scent is also yummy. I did take off one lippie because it does take a while for it to completely absorb into the skin and I haven't tried any other stretch mark creams so I have nothing to compare it to (but as long as it works- why switch?)

on 9/13/2007 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cocoa? Marshmallow? Earthy vanilla? Not to me. I bought one a while back without trying because how can you go wrong with cocoa butter, right? Well I was at the mall and popped into TBS and used some from a fresh tester (just opened) and the smell was strong and absolutely nauseating, It was horrible. My DH and both my daughters agreed with me. I scrubbed it off at the Lush store a couple doors down. Needless to say, I returned my sealed one the following day and exchanged it for a shea body butter..

on 4/23/2007 4:58:00 AM

Don't really like this - or the ingredients it contains. It doens't absorb well, so whenever I put in on I have to wait forever before I put my clothes on. Even if I put it on before I go to bed my skin still feels sticky when I wake up. Only good thing about these are the smell. Yum!

on 4/20/2007 11:52:00 AM

Amazing!! I love lotions that don't contain mineral oil and their first several ingredients are actually filled with the title product (like in this case Cocoa Butter) and very little silicones. I am currently pregnant and slather this stuff on like there's no tomorrow and it's bar none my fav belly lotion so far.

on 4/19/2007 5:17:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

YES!! This is a body butter that is NON-GREASY, spreads easily, and makes skin soooo soft and supple. Also has a light coconut fragrance that complements my Escada perfumes. Your skin will CRAVE this stuff!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products