April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by xMessy

Absolutely love this. Defo my staple product. No foundation stays on me except this one and I feel it gives a beautiful finish, doesn't need powder although I use it for longer wear. Only fault is colour, i use mac nc25 and i've tried tawny and sand and neither were exactly my colour. I use tawny in the more summer months but its still not a perfect match. Use a mac pump with it cause it is awkward packaging! No other faults however. Recommend highly!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by postalwife

I used Double Wear for years and always loved it. However, about three months ago my face started breaking out HORRIBLY. So bad that I was getting ready to go on Accutane --Until I found out that Estee Lauder had recently changed the formula of Double Wear and it was causing a lot of people with acne prone skin problems. A week ago I switched to Clarins foundation to see if it would make a difference and I can thankfully say that my skin is looking better than it has in a very long time. I wrote this review especially for anyone who is having issues with their acne being worse than ever.. if you are using Double Wear then it is probably the culprit! Which really sucks, because this used to be the greatest foundation on the market!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by demsters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd heard so many good things about this foundation that i thought i had to give it a try, however my results weren't what i had hoped.
First off the coverage is AMAZING, so if your somebody looking for a heavy duty, matte finish foundation and you have oily to combo skin then this is a great choice!!
However for people with dryer skin types i wouldnt highly recommend as its a little to thick and heavy and can seem almost cakey.
As for people with sensitive skin i also wouldn't recommend, when i tried this makeup after the first day of wearing it, my skin began to flake and become raw in certain places, there was some active ingredient that irritated me and caused itching and dry patches.
Good product for a heavy perfected makeup look, i wouldnt however repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Askjanice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Although this foundation looked great from a distance and was long lasting, my face felt dry after application. A close look in the mirror showed a lot of unevenness and dry skin. To be fair I use Retina A and my skin will peel at times, but this foundation does me no favors. I won't repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Jencat85

I don't understand what everyone is so up in arms about. I read all these reviews about reformulation and how the product is completely different, so I decided to see what all this fuss is about and try it out for myself since my old bottle is almost done. I got color matched because the SA did inform me that certain colors had changed a bit. I went from Ivory Beige to Dawn. I am quite pleased with my new color match as it looks much more natural in all different types of lighting, as well as in photos. Beyond the color, I haven't noticed any difference. I have very oily skin and my new DW controls the oil just as well as the old one and it also has the same coverage and lasting power. If there is a difference in formulation, it must be very very minimal because I really don't see a difference at all, nor can I imagine how anyone could experience a drastic difference. Kudos to Estée Lauder though for adding more colors to meet the needs of the vast array of skin colors out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by emblain

I have always played around with different foundations, from expensive to cheap but never really found anything that properly suited my skin and colour. I used Clarins Everlasting foundation for quite a long time, but i found it wasnt right for me. I was recommended Double Wear by a friend who suffered from blemished skin like myself so thought I would give it a try and my god i will never go back to anything else! This foundation works wonders, especially as i like heavy coverage, but it does give you the option to build it up. It has great oil control and i dont find i get oily and lose my foundation as the day goes on. It hides almost all my facial flaws and stays on all day! My only dislikes are the packaging. its quite hard to get the remains when you are running low out of the bottle! Favourite foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many reviews that the formula has changed, I rushed out to get this foundation in the old formula. Turns out in my country, nothing has changed (just yet). I managed to find my perfect match (for the first time!!!) in Sand, and I am Asian with quite light skin and yellow undertones.

This foundation is definitely medium to full coverage and lasts a very long time, as long as you want it to, possibly. Oil control is amazing. My face usually gets oily in 2-3 hours, but with this foundation, minimal shine appears on the tip of my nose only after around 6-7 hours. The formula is very thick, which I don't mind because I used to use Revlon Colorstay, but it is also very sticky and tacky which bothers me quite a bit as it makes it quite hard to blend. I dot the foundation with my fingers on my face, particularly on top of blemishes, before using a slightly damp paddle foundation brush to blend it out. This is one foundation I do not like to use a beauty blender with because the sticky formula makes the sponge feel very sticky as well and it just spreads the stickiness all over your face :\ At most I will just use the beauty blender to dab all over my face after already applying it with the paddle foundation brush to ensure everything is smooth and blended.

If you have dry or flaky skin, I don't think this will work for you as it emphasized those areas, even after moisturizing/mixing the foundation with moisturizer. However, if you don't have dry or flaky skin, this will look AMAZING. Truly a flawless face, no matter if you have spots or acne scars. I do not find any problem with it looking like 'a mask', I think if it does, it really your own fault for applying too much all over. It is best to apply one layer all over your face before spot concealing on any blemishes with more foundation. It looks very natural when I apply it on normal to oily skin using this method. Dries to a nice matte, almost powdery finish that doesn't necessarily need to be set with a powder.

Definitely lasts longer than the Revlon Colorstay, and doesn't have an overwhelming smell either. Revlon Colorstay is easier to work with because it isn't sticky/tacky, but Double Wear makes up for this in better longevity, oil control and coverage. One bottle will last a long time as you don't need a lot of it for one application. The glass bottle is quite heavy and feels quite fragile, but does look very nice. Not the best packaging but I'll take it! Definitely worth the price, if its qualities are what you are looking for in a foundation. Try to test it out before buying, because it is definitely not for everyone due to the tackiness of the formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I used to love this product!!! However, they recently reformulated it and everything changed. Colors are now too yellow (I used to wear Sand). In addition, the foundation dries up very fast so now it is very difficult to work with if you want to blend or build coverage.

It used to be an amazing product and now it is not!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What happened to the formulation of this product? I have been using this foundation for at least 10 years. It would last all day long,never fading til I took it off. I just purchased a new bottle....what a train wreck....within 6 hours all my foundation was gone!!! I thought maybe it was a fluke, tried it 2 more times, same thing. So I returned it to Belks. The sales person said that she had 3 returns just this week with the same complaint. I contacted the estee lauder company and asked about the new formulation, the rep swore up and down no changes were made...LIAR! The new box lists a different formulation. Why is the company denying this? I have always enjoyed estee lauder products but this lack of honesty directly from a company rep has me questioning their integrity.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by msyoung73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG foundation in 1C1, Shell. However, they changed the color/formulation and now the 1C1 is a peach color way too dark for my fair skin. I am extremely disappointed as I now need to find another foundation light enough for my skin that has the staying power, but won't dry me skin out too much. Estee Lauder has just lost a faithful customer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No