Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 12/12/2004 8:44:00 PM

This is the best color-depositing conditioner I have ever used, with Redken coming in a close second. Unlike most color conditioners, this doesn't dry out my hair at all. My hair was soft shiny and my grays covered, well, temporarily at least! Very messy and will stain anything it touches if not rinsed off promptly, but to me it's worth every cent. Great stuff!

on 10/11/2004 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this after clarifying to boost my color. I like that it does just that, and does not leave a residue. It is not very moisturizing, but it does do a good job of light conditioning. It would be nice to have in a pump, but the tube is fine and relatively easy to use.

on 8/14/2004 11:13:00 PM

This is good color-depositing product. My medium to dark brown hair had lighter brown highlights which were starting to look brassy-blonde, so I use this to maintain them. The color is wonderful after using this product! I find it only lasts from one shampoo to the next, however. It's decent conditioner, but I sometimes use another conditioner after it because my hair can feel dry. The only thing I hate about this is the SMELL. I am totally repulsed by the smell of lavender...I'm not sure why. I wish that this came in an unscented or lighter scented version.

Be careful what you spill this on - it stains everything in sight, and rinse it from your hands quickly!

on 12/17/2003 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am a reformed Aveda addict, but there are some products I just can't kick...this is one of them:) Clove conditioner smells absolutely wonderful (as do all Aveda products, unfortunately for my wallet), and really does the trick when it comes to adding very subtle highlights and shine. My almost-black hair has reddish-brown highlights, so I like to use this to enhance them, and it is really nice. There is definitely the risk of stained hands and tub if you're not careful, so watch to make sure you rinse the tub carefully (unless you like scrubbing later on). I like to use this after I am done with shampooing (which I do first thing), and rub it in evenly before putting it up in a claw clip while I wash my body and shave. Comb it out, rinse well, and voila, beautiful hair! Just wish it was a little less expensive... EDIT: While I love the smell, and feel nostalgic over its use, I just can't justify buying this anymore. I don't notice enough of a difference in my hair when I use it for color enhancement, and it's nowhere near moisturizing enough on its own. Also, the way it stains hands and fixtures is truly unfortunate. Makes me sad, but I won't be repurchasing again.

on 9/2/2003 3:01:00 PM

I use Aveda colour conditioners to ring the changes or to extend the time between colour appointments and I adore the condition my hair is left in. I use Madder Root and Clove usually.

on 6/29/2003 9:20:00 PM

LOVE IT. Conditions and colors perfectly. Did I say I love it? Yes. Try it. Smells good too.

on 5/9/2003 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is some great stuff. I have my ash-blonde hair lowlighted, and this really helps extend the color and keep it from looking brassy. I find that it works best on towel-dried hair. Put it on, be sure to distribute it with a comb, and leave it on for 2-5 mins. (or longer--I find that 5 mins. is just right for my hair). Be sure to wash your hands after applying (the pigment does come right off with soap and a washcloth). Then rinse thoroughly. I thought my hair felt heavy after using it, but after drying, it was very shiny and had lots of body. I can't recommend this enough (and it doesn't have the awful smell that ArTec's conditioners have, but works equally well).

on 3/27/2003 6:04:00 PM

I have naturally brown hair and after years of coloring have decided to go au naturale. This is a great product to even out the color in that tricky transitional stage. Oh, and much cheaper then highlights.

on 3/26/2003 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am hooked on this product to restore shine and color to my colored sometimes-brown sometimes-light brown/highlighted hair. It is wonderful. It will stain your hands though so wash your hands immediately after applying, with a washcloth. Everything I have read says not to use these color depositing products more than 2x a week though to prevent buildup. I hate waiting but I figure its for the best...

Top Rated Aveda Products