April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a reformed Aveda addict, but there are some products I just can't kick...this is one of them:) Clove conditioner smells absolutely wonderful (as do all Aveda products, unfortunately for my wallet), and really does the trick when it comes to adding very subtle highlights and shine. My almost-black hair has reddish-brown highlights, so I like to use this to enhance them, and it is really nice. There is definitely the risk of stained hands and tub if you're not careful, so watch to make sure you rinse the tub carefully (unless you like scrubbing later on). I like to use this after I am done with shampooing (which I do first thing), and rub it in evenly before putting it up in a claw clip while I wash my body and shave. Comb it out, rinse well, and voila, beautiful hair! Just wish it was a little less expensive... EDIT: While I love the smell, and feel nostalgic over its use, I just can't justify buying this anymore. I don't notice enough of a difference in my hair when I use it for color enhancement, and it's nowhere near moisturizing enough on its own. Also, the way it stains hands and fixtures is truly unfortunate. Makes me sad, but I won't be repurchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I use Aveda colour conditioners to ring the changes or to extend the time between colour appointments and I adore the condition my hair is left in. I use Madder Root and Clove usually.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2003 9:20:00 PM More reviews by peanuthead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE IT. Conditions and colors perfectly. Did I say I love it? Yes. Try it. Smells good too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2003 11:26:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is some great stuff. I have my ash-blonde hair lowlighted, and this really helps extend the color and keep it from looking brassy. I find that it works best on towel-dried hair. Put it on, be sure to distribute it with a comb, and leave it on for 2-5 mins. (or longer--I find that 5 mins. is just right for my hair). Be sure to wash your hands after applying (the pigment does come right off with soap and a washcloth). Then rinse thoroughly. I thought my hair felt heavy after using it, but after drying, it was very shiny and had lots of body. I can't recommend this enough (and it doesn't have the awful smell that ArTec's conditioners have, but works equally well).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hgex

I have naturally brown hair and after years of coloring have decided to go au naturale. This is a great product to even out the color in that tricky transitional stage. Oh, and much cheaper then highlights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by peeblo

I am hooked on this product to restore shine and color to my colored sometimes-brown sometimes-light brown/highlighted hair. It is wonderful. It will stain your hands though so wash your hands immediately after applying, with a washcloth. Everything I have read says not to use these color depositing products more than 2x a week though to prevent buildup. I hate waiting but I figure its for the best...