October 20, 2014 | 1905 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this concealer for a little over a year now. This is a great concealer for covering up those dark circles. It's very soft and creamy in comparison to MAC's Studio Finish Concealer. It's sheer with a full coverage effect, build-able, and easy to blend. Doesn't give you that cakey look under your eyes. Not so great for covering up blemishes and other major flaws. However, I do agree with some of the reviewers that said they can only use 1 or 2 shades of 5. That would be my only con as well. Nonetheless, the pallet was made for makeup artists who's clients have different color skin tones (which is understandable.)

I would probably repurchase if there were more colors in the pallet I could use. I'm going to try the "Full Coverage Concealer" and try to give a review on that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not sure why everyone hates this palette! I got the #1, and I'm really pale with reddish cheeks, especially in the summer. I use the green on my red spots, I use the fourth peachy color on my dark circles, put on foundation, and use the lightest color again on my circles to kind of even everything out. I use a mixture of the second and third colors to do any final concealing if I have any blemishes. The colors work great for me (not sure of my mac foundation color yet, but in the Revlon line I'm buff). I will definitely buy this again just because of how well it covers up my circles. It IS kind of hard to blend, but once it's on it stays put and conceals really well. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jellyfishkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You would think that a concealer palette gave you a variety of colors. I'm an NC40, and got the #3 palette. I could only use the fourth color in the whole palette, and it still didn't match my skin well. I looked up the shades that came with the palette and it has the same three shades as the #1. Uhh, what am I supposed to do with a porcelain colored concealer on my NC40 tan skin? I swatched it once and returned it a week later.

Besides color issues, the consistency was quite good, it did cover up very well. (It's similar to the MAC studio finish concealer but creamier). The packaging was nice and sleek too. If it came with the right shades, I would have definitely kept it.

I went to Sephora and looked at the #4 palette, and I still got the same problem. #4 shades were too dark and the #3 shades were too light. So I was unable to find a happy medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by kellid

I just received this today, but my first thought is that I wish I would of actually tried the palette in person because I am a NW20 and I found that I can only use 3 of the 5 colors. So far the green is great for covering my redness and I have been playing around with the 1st and 2nd colors as to which look better. Will update after I use longer...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ecuaricannena

This product is just ok. I bought it because I saw a celebrity make up artist use it so I figured it was really good. It covers my under eye circles for the most part I guess. I use Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer on top of it to lighten up my eyes more. It feels really thick in the palette but it's not thick on the skin. I like that it comes with 5 colors because the concealer I use under my eyes isn't the same color that I use to cover up blemishes. I mostly wouldn't get this product because it's so expensive. I can get cheaper concealers that do pretty much the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by abbazabba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this concealer palette in No.1. it's the only concealer that I own so far that covers my undereye circles very well. Although I don't use all of the lighter concealer colors since some of them are too light for my complexion, I use 2 of them all the time (the orange-ish one and the darker of the concealers) and then another 2 (the middle concealer and the green) when I really have the time to mix and match the different blemishes I need to cover up. I would buy this again if I ran out, unless....they sell these colors separately? It's really convenient for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by khelm490

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i wrote a review for this when i first got it hating it. I think I learned how to use it correctly since then... and I love it! Now I know to use all the colors and blend them to match my skin, it is a great concealer. Not too heavy and not too light. Covers well and I love that it has a green corrector and an orangey under eye corrector as well :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot understand why anyone would want this product. All of the colours, except the orange, work with my skintone. Aside from that, the thinnest amount sinks into pores then disappears everywhere else. With enough product to cover anything, it cakes, flakes, pigment disappears except for the flaky residue. I've tried using this on and off for 4 months, trying to get the same results as everyone else. I've set this with talc-based pressed powder, silica loose powder, MAC blot powder, Marcelle translucent powder, MUFE powder, no difference. Same thing with several brands of primer, horrendous. With extra moisturizer, new pimples and I'm not acne-prone. Avoid this money-sink like the plague. Pretty packaging, shallow pots. Even if it works for you, it won't last long.

EDIT: This will work with MUFE Line Concealer layered over it. It's odd but this keeps it from budging or looking the least bit chalky. I tried it because the Line Concealer on its own in shade 01 dried to a sunburn pink. I like this combo better than any concealer I've tried. It covers well and doesn't crease. The undertone of the concealer from the pallette matters greatly. The tan colour under my eyes with some green on the outer edge takes out the purple, blue, and red tones. Orange is really meant for circles but I find this makes the redness around my eyes much worse. The lightest colour is great to brighten around the lips. With a silica powder on top it lasts all day, no foundation required. Thank goodness! My routine is down to powder liner, highlight, contour, concealer(s), primer (powder or liquid), lip liner, and gloss. This is expensive, not sure if I'll repurchase. If the single pots cost less then I'll get them in the tan and pale colours, maybe green or yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by MorMor9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great creamy consistency, goes on smooth and long lasting.

This is all I am using now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liek the fact that this product comes in a slim handy palette. The green color corrector is prety good and the concealer choices are nice as well. I will say the coverage was nice. I set mine with powder afterwards. If not, the concealer will rub off. It's very creamy but overall a good product.