L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is great! Better then my Aveda. The first time I used it was on dry hair. It made my straw like hair very soft. That night when I washed my hair I had less breakage when combing out my hair, I had very few tangles and my the tangles I did have came out so easily. Usualy its a war with my tangles and I end up with tons of breakage.

on 2/7/2006 4:51:00 PM

Based on reviews in MUA, I purchased this product and was so surprized that it really, really works! Made my frizzy hair very smooth and I did not have to use hairspray. Wish the bottle was bigger; it takes about three pumps to cover my hair. Great stuff!
I am so glad I found the MUA site. Now I can buy products more intelligently.

on 2/6/2006 6:51:00 PM

Amazing! This stuff is better than Biosilk, which I didn't think could be possible. My hair has shine without greasiness and softness without being weighed down. Love the scent, texture, and consistency. I also like the cream version of this product.

on 1/31/2006 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not great, but pretty decent for a drugstore serum. A bit pricey at $8cdn but I've had the same bottle for 6 months now & I still have over 2/3 left.

Has a medium-weight .. not as heavy as Biosilk or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, but not as thin as Graham Webb Reparative Shine or Aveda Brilliant Emolliant Finishing Gloss. For my fine hair, I find this to be too heavy to use for flat-ironing, but it's an allright air-dry serum. It definitely adds loads of softness & shine, but it doesn't do much to kill frizz, smooth poofy ends, or to block out humidity. Does nothing to kill frizz/smooth when applied to dry hair. I don't blowdry so I can't comment on how well it works for that.

I have two gripes about this product. One, the pump dispenser .. even when I apply a feather-light touch, a huge amount of product gushes out. Second, the sunflower scent is awful .. it smells cheap & artificial & it gives me a pounding headache. continued >>

on 1/30/2006 9:24:00 PM

LOVE this serum..definately one of the best out there..works great on my hair. I switch back and forth between this and my other favorite, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum, can't make up my mind. Will definately repurchase when I run out..although the bottle I have now should last me quite a while, I use it quite sparingly. I used too much on my hair the first time I tried it and hated it. Tried it again a few weeks later using less and the results were much better. LOVE it. Great price too for such AMAZING product. Would highly recommend.

on 1/24/2006 4:32:00 AM

Works great...ONLY if you are STRAIGHTENING your hair!!(or, if your hair is naturally straight.) If you put this in curly/coarse hair to air dry, it will replace your curls with wavy-frizz. If you plan on busting out some heat to use this miracle-product, it'll deliver.

on 1/17/2006 8:46:00 PM

I second what everyone has already said about this product: It's a steal for the money, and it's one of those products that's a good standby -- you can always rely on it to smooth your hair, calm the frizzies, and stand up even in the worst weather!

on 1/7/2006 12:22:00 PM

I love this stuff! It works best on wet hair (that's what it says to do on the bottle too) and it smells SOOOOO good! I have gotten compliments on how good my hair smells, it's a nice clean sort of floral scent. This is a very liquidy light serum so I haven't had any trouble with it making my hair greasy. It just makes my hair very shiny and non-frizzy. For the price you can't go wrong, I got it for around $5. The pump is very nice and easy to use. Give it a try, I have tried other more expensive anti-frizzers and this is the only that has worked for me! Love it!

I have used this product EVERYDAY for the past 4 months that I don't even know what my hair is like BEFORE I used this stuff! First off, this is very light, and it doesn't wear my hair down at all! I use about 2.5 pumps and apply it to my hair (staying a little bit away from my roots) and it seems to just make it much more manageable and soft. However, I only gave it four lippies instead of five because I still find it too light for me. I just wish it could be a tad thicker/moisturizing to get rid of the frizzies. HOWEVER... I am positive that people with naturally straight, thin, fine, wavy, (etc) hair will love this product. =) It is so cheap, (I got a buy-one-get-one-free deal... for $3 in all!) and I intend to keep using it until I find another product.

on 12/28/2005 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this a week or so ago after sorting through the reviews here and deciding that it was worth a shot. I'm SO glad that I came here and read reviews before purchasing 'cause I don't think that I would've even looked at this product 'cause I've never used any of L'Oreal's products before. This stuff is AMAZING. I use one pump right after I towel dry my hair and when my hair dries, it feels silky and smooth and it's vibrant-looking. I've short, thick, naturally wavy hair that tends to be dry and this is absolutely perfect. I will definitely repurchase.