April 24, 2014 | 2037 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tea713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just started using this a week or so ago after sorting through the reviews here and deciding that it was worth a shot. I'm SO glad that I came here and read reviews before purchasing 'cause I don't think that I would've even looked at this product 'cause I've never used any of L'Oreal's products before. This stuff is AMAZING. I use one pump right after I towel dry my hair and when my hair dries, it feels silky and smooth and it's vibrant-looking. I've short, thick, naturally wavy hair that tends to be dry and this is absolutely perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by scarletpimpernel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do you know what it feels like to love absolutely anything to do with hair and making it look brilliant and then having crazy, frizzy hair that makes your great haircuts look bad?? Well, if yeah, thats what i felt like....miserable and frustrated. I hated my hair and wished everyday of my life that i could somehow straighten my frizzy and wavy hair without harming it. So i bought this product but never used it because i was scared of leave-in products. I looked for solutions all over the internet and finally found MUA. So it goes like this, Im looking for cheap anti-frizz solutions and I find this one product with 89% recommendation, i say to myself, "I should have this" and then i realize i already do!!! And since ive started using it every now and then i have some person telling me what great hair i have. It hasnt made my hair straight but it has enhanced my waves a great deal and removed a great deal of frizz too. I think my hair is okay but everyone else seems to love it now. Just yesterday two friends asked me how my hair was always set. What I love abt this product is that it has enhanced my hair's features and ive stopped wanting straight hair. I would recommend this product to Frizz ease and Paul Mitchell's Super Shiny even though ive never used them because this is darn cheap and makes your hair look great. For me the changes are quite dramatic, go L'Oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2005 6:19:00 AM More reviews by ingad

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT.GREAT QUALITY.I was looking for something which does not weight my thin hair and makes them soft and shiny.This is the best anti-frizz product , which smells very neutral.Hair feels very natural like you never used any product at all.
It does not weight hair down and makes them shiny and very soft.Highly recommended for everybody with frizzy and thin hair.Suitable for greasy hair as well(suprise!!!).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 8:28:00 AM More reviews by giggly

i used to love this until i tried something from sally's but too expensive!! u americans are so lucky everything is so cheap there, this is about 7 here!! i have this as a stand by serum as sometimes it makes my hair too greasy. i use this before i straighten my hair after iv added my straightening balm, this is way better than any heat protection spray, which does harm more than they do good. i was told by one hair dresser that i should just use serum with my iros and not all the sprays as they dont really work and she is right. and as it is quite watery u need less fo this and it lasts ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Simplesimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product based on the raving reviews from this site, and I was not dissapointed. I have very wavy loves to frizz hair, and a couple of squirts of this product tames my tresses, it makes combouts so much easier too. My hair is so soft and controllable now, not to mention shiny. I really love this, and won't ever be without it.
The packaging is very user friendly, with the twist lock pump. The size of the bottle is perfect for traveling too. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Thanks so much you wonderful MUA review ladies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by amhirst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hm ... I think this stuff is just ... okay. I've had it for a couple of weeks and have been using it every day, so I'm going to keep trying it. I had been using the Kerastase Oleo-Relax serum, which I guess is supposed to be similar. I like the results I get with the Oleo-Relax a lot better (more shine, makes hair silkier/more manageable), and I find I have to use a *lot* more of the L'Oreal version than I did of the Kerastase to see results. (I have thick, somewhat coarse, highlighted hair that has a natural wave/curl and a fair amount of frizz). The Kerastase version is a lot thicker - this is really thin/watery and doesn't smell as good to me. Not sure if I would repurchase - the jury's still out for me. Am planning to switch shampoo/conditioner soon, so will see if that makes a difference for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

I love this stuff. I've used it every day since I bought it. I mix it with other products when I do my hair straight but this stuff makes my hair really smooth and shiny and adds a lot of slip to my hair, so it's easier to blowdry. the smell is fresh and the packaging is smart. i will definately repurchase this when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by bright_truth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product, I got two compliments on my hair within an hour of leaving the house (and one was from a complete stranger, at Jamba Juice)! It really left my hair "slippery-soft" without weighing it down. However, I found I needed to use more than the recommended 1-2 pumps (but my hair is pretty long and thick). The product also works well as a finisher, after flatironing (but you only need a very small amount). My only complaint is that I didn't get the same results when air-drying my hair (it's kind of wavy) but I don't think that's what the serum is designed for. Definitely the best anti-frizz/smoothing product I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2005 10:32:00 PM More reviews by wonderfuel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hair profile: 18 years old with never-colored, very fine, very wavy hair approximately 26 inches in length. When I was in high school I blow-dried and flat-ironed my hair every single day...without using a conditioner too. That's right, if I used conditioner once a month, it was a good month. Not only that, but my regular shampoo was Pantene! My hair is incredibly damaged and dried now, as you can imagine.

The goal: To find a cream/serum that, when added to my hair, will tame down the beastly wild frizzies and flyaways, calm down my ends but won't weigh down or add damage.

The product: Comes in a bright orange pump bottle. Personal preference, I love their choice of color for it. Warm, vibrant oranges always inspire enthusiasm in me. The serum is clear, non-greasy feeling, of medium thickness. Not watery, but not as cloggy and heavy as some I've tried. It's very easy to spread around the palms and apply through hair without feeling like you've wasted most of it on one spot and can't spread it all down.

First use results: I smoothed this on towel-dried hair and then let it air dry. WOW. I actually have definition to my curls and waves, and only a few unruly frizzies in sight, which is to be expect considering it would take a bona fide miracle to smoothe down all of them (remember, my hair brings new meaning to the term ruined). this has worked the best of all the stuff I've tried, and I've tried a LOT of serums.

Second try and onward: I use every single weekday now, about 3 and sometimes 4 pumps a day instead of their recommended 2. Yes, it does weigh down my hair a bit, but my clarifying shampoo takes care of that in no time flat, so I don't mind. I have gotten so many remarks on how nice my hair looks from customers at work and how they wish their hair looked like mine, and this makes me feel far more confident wearing my hair naturally wavy.

Final Score: 95/100. A. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

One of the most effective and lightest serums I have tried, at a great price. I like the fact that it is liquidy rather than thick and sticky like other serums. Works great on dry hair to smooth and control fly-aways. Not so great on damp hair, I prefer Redken Anti-Snap. Light, mild scent and intelligent packaging. A definite drugstore winner, comparable to higher-priced luxury products.