MAC Lipglass in clear

3.8

hydrogenated polyisobutene, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, octyldodecanol, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, tocopheryl acetate, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, alumina, tin oxide, vanillin, phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really did like the way the gloss looked on me however I did find it rather sticky. After only a few days of having this lip gloss it ended up popping in my makeup bag. I did however find a great alternative to this clear lip gloss with Victoria Secret Minty Lip Shine which sells for about 7.50 almost half the cost of this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This achieved that extremely wet look I was going for. I purchased it to make my lipstick colors as glossy as possible because the lip glosses I had been purchasing did not have the color pay off I wanted so I decided to "make" my own. While the look of it was great, it was the stickiest gloss I have ever used. My hair constantly got stuck, I had to wash my hands a couple of times to get it off my fingers. It was a little hard to apply because it was a round tip and after awhile, the cap did not screw on properly, so the gunk would get all over everything. Too bad because the gloss pay off is wonderful, but it is too much of a pain to put up with.

I love the colored lipglass. And I would probably love this too, but the packaging always gets so messy. I never have a problem with the colors, just this tube. And it leaked all over my purse one day...that was a huge mess. So the product is fine, the packaging is bad.

While I do love the variety of colors the Lipglass comes in, I can't get over how sticky and thick it is, almost heavy on your lips.
I like the colors and how shiny/glossy is made my lips, but it's completley impossible to do anything with it on without having to reapply it a dozen times.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this several years ago so I don't know if the formula has changed. The packaging is great. The tube is see through and you're also able to squeeze out just the right amount of product. It gives the lips a wonderful shine but because it's sooo sticky and thick, I hardly ever wore it. I eventually threw it away. Wish MAC would come out with less sticky and thick lipglasses. =(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this a week or two ago at MAC when I was debating over what to trade my 6 empties in for. I tried this first because I had heard such good things about how shiney and long-wearing it was. It was fairly shiney (about as shiney as any thicker clear gloss), but it was STICKY, STICKY, STICKY! I painted on a very thin layer and still, I had little threads of lip gloss goop stretching between my lips whenever I opened my mouth. Not attractive! I didn't leave it on long enough to test it's staying power, but it didn't really matter because it still wasn't worth wearing (being that sticky), even if it could have somehow lasted all day (which I seriously doubt). I thought my Caboodles gloss (which I still really like) was on the thicker, stickier side until I tried this... but this is much, much worse. Just not worth it! I went with a Lipgelee in Jellybabe instead, which isn't sticky at all and looks just as wet and shiney. I still gave this product 2 lippies just because it was just as shiney as I had expected and it was so thick that I really can't see it migrating. For clear gloss, I'm sticking with Rimmel's Vinyl Lip in clear (not at all sticky).

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

An absolutely lovely gloss that does precisely what it says. The product comes in a squeeze tube with a rounded tip and as a slightly thickish texture which applies best with a lip brush. Can be worn on its own or on top of your fav lip colour. The gloss itself is slightly sticky so you'll want to keep your hair away from your face. I didnt notice any particular scent or taste with this product, which suits me just fine. It gives a gorgeous glass-like shine to lips and blends well with other lip products (I mix mine with my tinted lip conditioner for a tinted-moisturizing-glossy effect as well as with other lipsticks.) The lipglass lasts quite long compared to most other glosses that I've tried (Elizabeth Arden, Clinique, Loreal, Almay,Sally Hansen,etc..) I would definitley repurchase.

This was just okay for me. While it does look nice on, I also found the tacky consistency to be irritating. I usually use Elizabeth Arden clear gloss and I will be going back to that next time I buy.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

The product is a bit sticky but nothing else compares in terms of shine.

I do wish this had an applicator tip or brush, rather than the rounded tip. It's not bad though. This is a lip glass, but it's no where near as sticky as colored lip glass. Mine doesn't have any scent or flavor at all. Compare this to a Wet 'n' Wild gloss or drugstore gloss, are you kidding me? This gloss is very moisturizing. It's thick, but not sticky, and lets my lips slide over each other with ease (I have a bad habit of rubbing them together). My hair actually doesn't stick to this gloss. I'm going to have a hard time choosing a colored lipglass over this beautiful shiny one!!

Recommended for Medium Skin