Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 10/26/2009 10:43:00 PM

I have heard SO many good things about this product, so I decided to try it, and I'm glad I did. Totally worth the hype it's given. I found this in Bed Bath and Beyond for $4.99, and who can beat that price...? It actually works, and it leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean, and bright looking. I will be purchasing this again and again and again :)

on 10/25/2009 10:22:00 AM

I looked high and low for this product in Canada and could not find it anywhere, till I went to my local health food store, and there it was! I was so excited. Needless to say, I rushed home to try it and see what all the hype was about, now I understand. This is a good mask, cleans great and left my skin feeling good - a perfect prep to my sunless tanner. Oh, and got to love that price!

on 10/25/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

FANTASTIC! Just wish it was more widely available to buy in the UK. It costs about 9 (15 USD) to get it over here, which is annoying as I know it's much cheaper in the US. I tried this product after reading all the rave reviews on here and I'm so pleased I did. It works fantastic on my fair, sensitive, dry/combo skin and my DH loves it too, using it on his oily/acne prone skin. The smell is really pleasant, refreshing and it exfoliates without scratching the skin too much, but enough to remove flakey patches of skin on my nose and cheeks. I use it every other day in the shower before my facial cleanser/wash, as does my DH and we're on our 4th tube of the stuff! Possibly my HG facial exfoliator, but I'd like to try some of the other QH facial scrubs first before I award it with that title.

on 10/22/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this scrub. I use this nearly everyday, and have noticed SUCH an improvement in my skin. Unlike other scrubs, this one is not full of super harsh bits and chunks that feel like they are doing more harm than good. I find the scrubbies in this to be similar to those in the Aveeno scrub (small, gentle, effective w/o being harsh). I've always like the Aveeno more than other DS brands, but I also wanted more than the Aveeno could offer... I just wasn't sure what that "more" was until I tried this. WOW! It has been amazing. And I love the tingle this minty scrub gives. Pair this with the masque 2-3 times a week, and you've got a real winner!

on 10/20/2009 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to get the masque but my sallys only had this product. I really like it, it is gentle on the skin, smells great and make my skin feels nice. A lot of scrubs are too abrasive and this one isn't, I don't feel like I am ripping my skin off which is always nice. The packaging could be made better with a flip top,but it's not a big deal. Would repurchase.

on 9/8/2009 12:16:00 AM

Great product, great price and it works. I love to use the mint facial scrub with my gentle Buf Put and the the mint masque. This product feels nice on your skin, has just the right amount of "grit" and it's a great value. I always have a tube on this on hand if I feel like a "mint" beauty day.

on 8/15/2009 1:50:00 AM

I've been visiting this site for about a year, but actually never left a review before. However, upon using this face scrub, I just felt like I had to share my experiences with it.

I've never had that many problems with my complexion, I've tried a few facial cleansers but none have ever seemed to do anything for me. I picked this up at Sallys on a sort of whim, I had started getting a few random pimples and wanted to try something that would cleanse a little deeper. After just the first time using it, I noticed how much BRIGHTER my face looked. It seriously glows after using it, which my face has never done. Also my face has never felt so soft, even after a serious work out with my face covered it sweat - my face still felt soft. Plus, it smells so good. I'm literally shocked at how much it's done for my face, especially considering how cheap it is.

Definitely will repurchase. If you're on the fence about it, it's definitely worth a try!

on 8/14/2009 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very excited about the raves of Queen Helene products that rushed to look for them, i didnt find them on Walmart, CVS or Walgreens, it was on Sallys that i bought them. Its the only place i've seen this Brand.

Im very impressed with this scrub, i used the St. Ives for years, that has large grains and i have left my old scrub and switched to this! I prefer the feel of little grains, it remind me a lot to my first scrub, The Exfoliating scrub from Clinique!! I even think i like this one better!!

I love mint scent, and this makes my face feels more refreshed, i apply three pea sizes to all my face and i gently massage in my face for 1 minute, before i put the mint julep mask!!

Will continue to repurchase because i love what i get for price!!

on 8/5/2009 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this scrub. I use it along with the mask and I just love what it's done for my complexion. Walgreen's and Sally's have great BOGO deals too - so that's the time to stock up! I love the way this feels, I can see a difference in my skin. No irritation thus far (been a month) and I have never been happier with a product, price and performance. This scrub makes me WANT to wash my face, ya know?! Before I knew I should be washing but nothing worked, so what's the point, didn't feel like it so I wouldn't. Now I want and do wash my face b/c I know and can see it's working. Makes all the difference. Love it, love it, love it!

on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

first of all id DEFINTELY buy this again, after this bottle runs out im going to buy another one. After reading the rave reviews on sally's and MUA i went out to get one in hopes for it to help my acne prone, scarred, skin.

for me, this is a daily thing to use, so i use this when i wake up and before i go to bed, and sometimes in the middle of the day when i feel greasy, or after i take a shower. ive heard that is isnt the best idea to exfoliate before sun exposure? but i dont go out a lot these days cause it's the summer and im just relaxing at home. but i'll continue to use this DAILY, if i want to keep my pores unclogged for hopefully a pimple-less, scar-less future.

The texture is really smooth, with fine granules basically and it looks like sand. You don't need a lot, and i try not to use a lot cause this product is so great! I only use an amount the size of my pinky nail i guess and it works. the smell is great as well, it doesnt smell gross or chemically, but refreshing and cool like herbs.

i got this 12 days ago and i'm seeing a difference! hopefully its a permanent difference because my breakouts have reduced a fair bit and redness is gone and my scars have lightened? (or maybe its just me? it LOOKS like they have!) but i'm sad that i used more than i should have and it will now run out faster.

the price is okay, i got it at sally's for about 6 bucks, with my sally card. it's not dirt cheap, but its great value! once i use this long enough and my face starts to clear up and my mom starts to notice she'll let me stock up on this stuff! (she's been asking me if i wanted to try proactive -_- ...sad eh?)

i bought this in hope to fade my scars because thats basically the main reason why i wear so much foundation and take so long in the morning to get ready. then hopefully after this summer i wont have to apply so much foundation, because i don't wanna wear so much makeup!

btw. it has a screw off lid thats hard to put back on or take off with wet hands. but who cares it a great product.

IM SAD THAT MY SALLY'S DOESNT HAVE THE MINT JULEP MASQUE AVAILABLE.