April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Morgan89

I have bought this makeup in the matte and the original formula. I must say I am sorry this makeup got such bad reviews. It wears well on my combination skin and I love the well rested for under the eyes. The new formulation of the bisque concealer is a little dark for me but i can deal with it. I love the mineral veil as a finish but I was never a fan of the warmth it was too dark and orangey for my skin tone. I really do hate all of the steps but the finish is so nice and gives me a nice glow (plus my husband likes that it doesnt cover my freckles). Overall I liked this makeup and would purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by soonermitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wore this stuff for years, But only because I was too lazy to do some research and find something at worked better. Like some others have said, I wanted to love it, but just couldn't. By the end of the day (and I work in an office, not heavy labor) it had settled into the area around my nose and the chin and forehead areas just looked ghastly. Also, my skin was RARELY if EVER blemish free while using this brand. I do like the Illuminating Mineral Veil as a finishing touch. Gave my skin a pretty glow. The concealer was always too dark, even buying the lightest shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started wearing foundation, a cosmetology student recommended I try Bare Minerals. Because I didn't know much about foundation and trusted her word, I eagerly went out and bought this foundation. I even tried to convince myself I loved it but I didn't feel like it improved my skin at all, the coverage was awful, and it tended to get darker as the day progressed. Not to mention, it did make it oilier throughout the day and my skin is not oily at all.

I thought it was just that the shade I purchased was too dark so after finishing the first jar, I bought one in the next shade lighter. I still have the same issues, and I feel like it does make pores look huge, it just highlights imperfections instead of covering them, and makes my face look dirty.
I like a lot of Bare Minerals' other products (the blushes, all-over face colors, etc.) but I am never buying the loose foundation again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I would have given this a higher rating, but the color was too dark for me. I bought the color "Fair" and the product was still a little bit darker than my natural skin. This is a product that I've heard such good things about... and I wanted to like, but I couldn't. It just was clear that I was wearing foundation that is too dark for me. I didn't like it, so I haven't bought it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Nephanie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had perfect skin before I used this! The first few weeks it was amazing I looked like a porcelain doll. After that it broke me out in horrible cystic acne that iched! It contains cheap minerals and bismuth oxide which is know for seriously irritating skin. If you have sensitive skin BEWARE!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by princesssaras

At first this stuff was great, I have a pretty nice complexion, but for areas that are not as smooth, it really worked to even out my skin tone and gave me a nice glow, which is all I really was looking for. But,after using this, my skin really started to break out! I don't know what exactly was causing the break outs, but it didn't work for me.

If breakouts with this weren't an issue, I would continue using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product looked very natural on my skin and minimized the fact that I was wearing make up. It held up in humidity when I went to the beach in CA for a weekend, as well as the desert heat of the Mojave in the summer. It appeared to be overly oily and shiny (I used the original formula) after a couple of hours. I could not wear it alone due to that issue, as well as the issue that it did not cover blemishes/scars/under-eye circles adequately enough on its own. It did not help my skin break out less. My skin broke out as much as before, if not a bit more. Also, this make up seems to be light-reflecting. I really enjoyed that, because it minimized the look of imperfections (especially blemishes). Over all, I was not completely satisfied, and so I had to move on to other make up brands in search of my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh dear... I am one of the many who got duped into buying this overpriced, "all-natural" mineral makeup. The first time I wore it, I was shopping and getting hot from all the bright lights and indoor heating. I noticed my face was starting to itch uncontrollably - I could have clawed my face off!! I knew it was the makeup, as I had never felt anything like that before. The next day I could see a rash-like breakout along my jaw and cheeks. So I decided to do a bit of research and it turns out this product contains Mica and Bismuth Oxychloride which are both known as irritants for sensitive skin. As for the claims that you can "sleep in it", don't! As for BE's "all-natural" marketing strategy, in fact Bismuth oxychloride rarely occurs in nature and is manufactured by combining bismuth, a by-product of lead and copper metal refining, with chloride (chlorine compound) and water. All this aside, the actual look of the MU on the skin is terrible imo - like many others have said it magnifies pores, looks shiny/has a "pearly" finish and I personally find I need to use a lot of it to give a decent coverage. Therefore, it is quite expensive when you consider how long it would last you with daily wear. I used the mini "starter kit" size up in a couple of months. I'm sticking with my BB Cream (Bobbi Brown) - that looks far more natural anyway and actually does contain beneficial ingredients for the skin unlike this! Saying that, even my heavy Studio Fix powder has never caused any reaction like this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by thaisa1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used bare minerals for 3 years now but I have decided to switch it. The problem is big blotches of oil that are apparent after few hours of applying the foundation. I use Kleenex tissues to remove the oil from the skin and it looks like my skin was soaked in oil....the other problem is clinging to the skin, I am 25 and I have few wrinkles but they appear more visible giving a crude left on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad that I got a small sample of this foundation from the Bare Escentuals website because I did not like it at all. It was way too cakey and heavy on my skin. I have extremely oily skin and this foundation did not work for me at all. It is not a completely matte foundation; if you look closely, there are is noticeable shimmer in it. Though it applied cakey, this foundation made me look and feel very very greasy within an hour. The coverage was, eh, not so great either. Also since it is a loose powder, it is also messy to apply. This foundation got everywhere. I'd probably just use the rest of the product as a light bronzer. Though I do enjoy enjoy using mineral makeup, this product was just not for me.