The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this w/out testing and when i saw it at home i wanted to return it. I tried it a couple of times and wasnt satified that it was absorbing. Thats y i love this site, i looked it up and saw the high repurchase % and decided to give it a few days. I have to say i have noticed a positive difference. I cant say exactly what it is but it def. seems to be agreeing with my skin. acne scars that would have usually lasted a couple months are gone almost immead. And my skin looks less discolored. It is rather cheap, $22, for the benefits that i have seen so far and I would recommend as well as repurchase. Someone said 1 pump is enough but i need to use at least 2, also it does need to be actively rubbed into the skin to get the full effect.

Thought I'd try this as I wanted to try a vitamin C product and there aren't many to choose from in the UK. Its a clear gel and you only need a little (I found 2 small pumps enough) and its easy to spread due to having silicone in it and smells nice. However I'm not sure about it. I don't really think the vitamin C is viable in this form. Doesn't seem to do much except leave skin feeling soft although isn't bad as a primer. I don't think I would repurchase as its quite expensive and doesn't do much, plus all the nasty ingredients in Body Shop products these days put me off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am on my second bottle! At first use, I noticed how smooth my skin became! It seems to plump my skin up! Although the bottle is small, it does last for some time and I can't imagine living without this product! I went without it for a few days and nearly had a panic attack because my skin didn't look as refreshed. I think this works as well as some of the pricier "serum" type of products out there (I've even used the Chanel anti-aging serum which I love but is double in price! Eeek!) With all the studies showing how effective Vitamin C has been for the skin, this is a winner! I like to combine this product with the moisturizers in the TBS line or the Honey Face Cream by L'Occitane and it definitely makes the absorption feel a lot better! Try it! You will love it! No breakouts, no irritation (and my skin is highly sensitive!)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product!! Leaves your skin smooth. Did not breakout. Gives your skin a boost. It's a bit pricey but it lasts for ages.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Looking in the mirror this morning my facial skin looked brighter, smoother, and more toned. At first I was a little perplexed but then it came to me that it must have been the little bit of my sister's TBS Vitamin C Skin Boost I used last night. I was surprised to find that this is marketed as a moisturizer rather than a facial treatment. I will definitely be purchasing my own bottle of the stuff!

The stuff is okay, I guess. But I didn't really notice such a major difference in my skin, and that was what I was hoping for after reading the reviews. Not that it made my skin worse, but for the price I will not pick this one up again.

I've been using this for well over a year now, and I LOVE it! I use the Intensive Night Treatment a few times a week, too (usually after my at-home microdermabrasion session). It feels a little greasy at first on your fingers, but it glides on smoothly and leaves your skin feeling like silk with no sliminess whatsoever. I love to mix about 3/4 a pump of this in with a tiny amount of the Soy and Calendula daytime moisturizer in the mornings. It helps to make the lotion spread better, therefore using less gunk on the face :) It definitely makes my skin look much healthier and less pasty and splotchy. I even noticed that the few very fine lines I was getting are now gone (could be this or the night tx...or a combo..) You can't beat the orangey smell or the super-hygenic packaging. I bought Dior's Hydraction a few months ago, thinking it might be even better (supposed to be light...), but it left my skin super dry and flakey. This stuff helped it recover again. It might be a little more money than drug store brands, but you do get what you pay for sometimes (in this case, I think it's actually a bargain) and you only get one shot and great skin! Once you've ruined it, that's it...not an area worth skimping on IMO... OH i forgot to add.... I have very dry, very sensitive, breakout-prone skin, and this is fabulous for me!! Def a HG product. I swear by the Body Shop!

I really like how this makes my skin feel after I use it. I haven't really noticed any dramatic changes, but that may be bc I don't use it all the time. I use a self tanning face lotion when I'm not using this (Vit. C and self tanner is not a good combo unless you like looking very orange). I was a bit worried about how it would react with my skin at 1st bc it seems thick and greasy to the touch, but it ended up soaking right in and making my skin velvety smooth afterwards with no greasy feel. I only gave it 3 lippies because while I think it makes my skin feel nice, I can't really notice much od a change other than feeling nice after application. I would buy it again as a summertime moisturizer.

I really liked this product in the beginning. The texture is awesome, just goes on smoothly without feeling heavy. My skin started peeling and from all appearances my face was looking brighter. Then, I started noticing these tiny, red, open blisters on my face. I was hoping this didn't cause it, but when I stopped using it my face healed. I tried it again and those blisters came back. I tried using it every other day and then less and less, but it just didn't work for me. I have normal to dry skin and imo it's too strong for me.

my favorate, one of my few HGs.
works really well. i suffer from massive break out due to weather changes, and this serum does help to cure and it moistures my skin so well. lightened my tone and all da old scars i had from previos break outs