July 22, 2014 | 2119 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking in the mirror this morning my facial skin looked brighter, smoother, and more toned. At first I was a little perplexed but then it came to me that it must have been the little bit of my sister's TBS Vitamin C Skin Boost I used last night. I was surprised to find that this is marketed as a moisturizer rather than a facial treatment. I will definitely be purchasing my own bottle of the stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Genitalien

The stuff is okay, I guess. But I didn't really notice such a major difference in my skin, and that was what I was hoping for after reading the reviews. Not that it made my skin worse, but for the price I will not pick this one up again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for well over a year now, and I LOVE it! I use the Intensive Night Treatment a few times a week, too (usually after my at-home microdermabrasion session). It feels a little greasy at first on your fingers, but it glides on smoothly and leaves your skin feeling like silk with no sliminess whatsoever. I love to mix about 3/4 a pump of this in with a tiny amount of the Soy and Calendula daytime moisturizer in the mornings. It helps to make the lotion spread better, therefore using less gunk on the face :) It definitely makes my skin look much healthier and less pasty and splotchy. I even noticed that the few very fine lines I was getting are now gone (could be this or the night tx...or a combo..) You can't beat the orangey smell or the super-hygenic packaging. I bought Dior's Hydraction a few months ago, thinking it might be even better (supposed to be light...), but it left my skin super dry and flakey. This stuff helped it recover again. It might be a little more money than drug store brands, but you do get what you pay for sometimes (in this case, I think it's actually a bargain) and you only get one shot and great skin! Once you've ruined it, that's it...not an area worth skimping on IMO... OH i forgot to add.... I have very dry, very sensitive, breakout-prone skin, and this is fabulous for me!! Def a HG product. I swear by the Body Shop!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 1:31:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like how this makes my skin feel after I use it. I haven't really noticed any dramatic changes, but that may be bc I don't use it all the time. I use a self tanning face lotion when I'm not using this (Vit. C and self tanner is not a good combo unless you like looking very orange). I was a bit worried about how it would react with my skin at 1st bc it seems thick and greasy to the touch, but it ended up soaking right in and making my skin velvety smooth afterwards with no greasy feel. I only gave it 3 lippies because while I think it makes my skin feel nice, I can't really notice much od a change other than feeling nice after application. I would buy it again as a summertime moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mariska

I really liked this product in the beginning. The texture is awesome, just goes on smoothly without feeling heavy. My skin started peeling and from all appearances my face was looking brighter. Then, I started noticing these tiny, red, open blisters on my face. I was hoping this didn't cause it, but when I stopped using it my face healed. I tried it again and those blisters came back. I tried using it every other day and then less and less, but it just didn't work for me. I have normal to dry skin and imo it's too strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cangyue_1901

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

my favorate, one of my few HGs.
works really well. i suffer from massive break out due to weather changes, and this serum does help to cure and it moistures my skin so well. lightened my tone and all da old scars i had from previos break outs

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG. I purchased this trying to burn some time during a layover at an airport. At first I thought it would end up in my "been there, done that" pile, however when I tried it out I was in love. It looks like a greasy gel consistency, however it is not greasy at all. I have combo skin and this stuff works wonders. Just put a little (one pump) onto your face before your moisturizer and let the magic happen. This stuff makes my skin so soft and supple. It soaks into your skin quickly and it does not leave any film at all. My skin is soft and moisturized all day long. On top of that I have noticed that my makeup applies much easier, lasts longer, and my skin actually looks brighter. Not sure if this can be attributed to the vitamin C within it, but this stuff is amazing. I also love the citrus scent. All of this and it does not irritate my skin at all. I immediately purchased another bottle once my first was gone. TBS had a sale a few months ago, buy 2 get one free. Needless to say I picked up another 3 bottles and gave the free on to my mom. she's liking it as well. A little pricey but well worth it because a little goes a long way. I hope this product is never discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Big thumbs up for this product...love the results so far..I use this before my moisturiser during the day or just leave this on as a night time moisturiser.In the morning my face is radiant and moisturised. Its a thick gel that when u spread on your face goes very smoothly.And the results are amazing..Totally love this product and would be repurchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by anangel84

This stuff is great!
It leaves you feeling silky and has really helped the overall condition of my skin. I did not break out with this product, only mentioning because i'll break out with just about anything... It smells nice, is packaged nice, and works!
Worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by adn8

after about a month, it somehow made me feel less obligated to wear foundation and other cover ups when i go out. it toned down redness and my acne scars were less visible. i'm sure that there are more benefits to come when i use it longer!