July 24, 2014 | 2213 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in translucent 2. I also use the loose poudre in this shade. And it is great for touching up the T-zone or anywhere else that it needs it. Will repurchase. I also like the fact that it doesnt look cakey or heavy after applying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice quality but crappy color selections for those of us who are truly pale. I purchased the translucent one and unfortunately it was too dark on me and turned my face orange. (please note that in Macy's the lighting made this look very pale and natural on me, but of course the real test is seeing this in natural light.) What pissed me off even more is that I left the receipt and box in a bag which was unknown to me thrown out the same night that I purchased this powder, so the next morning when I saw that I was transformed into a oompa loompa, I could not even return this powder as the trashmen had already picked up my bags ....... so pissed especially because I am now out $45!!!!!! I was also annoyed that for all that money, Chanel includes a plastic like piece of material which they try to pass off as a powder puff ...... normally Chanel includes nice brushes with their blushes and even my Rosee powder, but yet this pressed powder did not receive the same courtesy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for just over a year, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I use 20 Claire- translucent 1, and it's perfect for my NC20-ish pale yellow asian skin. (I didn't have a trouble with finding the right shade) I'll defintely buy this again. I have to say it's one of the best in the market. Great quality, reasonable price for 15g (most other brands are around or less than 10g), lovely packaging..It's my HG powder.

QUALITY
The powder is very fine, and it doens't look cakey no matter how much you layer it on. I ditched the sponge that came with it and use it with either a retractable brush and sometimes with another sponge applicator. You can apply lightly to maintain a healthy glowing skin while blotting away excess oil, or more heavily for a matte, satiny finish. And it's not drying at all for my normal skin. It never made me break out and lasts reasonably well. It has a typical fragrance to it, not strong or gross at all, which I quite like.
Oh, the coverage isn't too high since it's a translucent powder, but it evens out your skin tone and covers pores makes your skin look smooth.

PRICE
The price can be a little expensive, but compared to the amount (15g), which is way more than what most HE powders contain, and the amazing quality I think that poudre universelle compacte is absolutely worth the price! I've been using this everyday for just over a year, and there's still nearly half of it left! (i usually only touch up twice a day or so, so if you use it more frequently than I do, it'll probably last you a year)

PACKAGE
The packaging is chanel's classic, black square case with the white logo on the lid. The logo doesn't get scratched off because it's kind of embedded into the case. There's a PIC in my gallery. The mirror is big enough to see your face well. It makes you feel elegant and gorgeous when you pull it out of your handbag for touchups.

I hope this helped~:D

EDIT: I went through my first one and repurchased at the end of last year. Only, i paid almost 100 AUD so i guess i really splurged on it, but i think it was well worth it. I tried the EL aeromatte powder which gives more coverage, but i find this one's much more natural. I am loving it! EDIT: i'ved used this over a year everyday(although i don't touch up too frequently) and i still have half of it left!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by rouge_noir

I just can't seem to get it right. After finishing my Bobbi Brown Pressed Powder, I decided to get a smaller compact for my purse, and settled on Givenchy Matmate. Since it's a compact foundation, it was good but sometimes the coverage was a bit too artificial. I lost that compact, and I was going to buy a Guerlain Parure until I read some unfavorable reviews here.

So I finally settled on Chanel, because I like their packaging too, and I always liked their loose powders. The choice of colors is poor, only 4 of them, but luckily 30 Naturel - Translucent 2 is a perfect match to my NW25 skin. Combined with a little blotting, this very fine powder allows for multiple touch-ups during the day and into the night without ever becoming cakey. Also, the large mirror is great.

If only Chanel had provided a compartment for the applicator as many of the competitors do! 9 out of 10 times I open this compact, the thing flies right off! I'm thinking of getting a retractable brush, otherwise it's just unmanageable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

Iíve been dying to try this pressed powder for ages!!! For some reason, Chanel makeup just draws me towards them. Perhaps itís the packaging (that sleek matt black plastic), velvet pouch that comes with most of their products, I just love Chanel makeup. Besides, Iíve had great results using their foundations (Double Perfection Creme Powder Makeup, & also the liquid version which has already been d/c-ed), never broke me out ever.

Same results yield with this pressed powder. It is finely milled, and the colour suits me pretty well (I can wear both 20 Claire & 30 Natural). Nothing to be faulted at all, really. However, I wish Chanel would improve on the free sponges. I mean, I shell out big bucks, get great product, but lousy applicators?!

The íspongeí that came with the pressed powder is basically like a cotton round, flat and thin, not picking up much powder, not to say, sucky application. Iíve been using my powder brush with it, and I think if I were to bring it out, Iíll need to get myself a new sponge first. Ditto with the applicator that came with another of its foundation ( TEINT INNOCENCE NATURALLY LUMINOUS COMPACT MAKEUP SPF 10), it flakes off the main sponge and it canít be used after a few weeks.

Chanel, come on!! Donít disappoint us with such sub-standard applicators!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by evalien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very nice powder. Light, creamy, fine.
I'm not too keen on the colour selection. When I put the powder on it really shows until I blend it in. When set it does however look good and has very decent staying power unlike many powders I've tried before. Though i'm not utterly thrilled I don't think it's likely i'll find a better powder on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another HG from Chanel. This translucent powder gives me an amazing airbrushed look. I apply with a skunk brush so I can use just a little to get great coverage that I use to set foundation. I use it over creme or powder foundation and it never cakes or looks chalky. I've used many HE translucent powders (Laura Mercier, Stila, T. LeClerc, Shiseido, Cle de Peau) and this is up there with the best of them, and better than most of them. The packaging is the average chanel thing -black plastic, black pouch, and non-refillable, which I hate!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by christine22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute favourite powder! Goes on undectable... controls shine. Packaging is nice. Love <3!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by christine21

I love this powder, it is undetectable on your skin and very good for touch ups. I love pulling out my Chanel compact during lunch at school to do touch ups, everyone else has those cheap Cover Girl ones and this indeed is far better than any other powder I've used before. I used to be scared of powder...now I love it! I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

I have Poudre Universelle Compacte in Translucent 1. It is a decent enough pressed powder, but unlike some of the other reviewers I feel it's not quite as sheer, sort of a bit heavy. I don't use pressed powders too often, I usually just blot during the day or use my loose powder (Kanebo Translucent Loose Powder) for touch up. The compact is a little small, and I'm not wild about the applicator. I bought Poudre Universelle Compacte since I needed a pressed powder and I love Chanel foundation. I might buy it again, I'll see when the time comes...