Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have gone through many bottles of both the Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner and I love this stuff. The smell is divine. My hair has more shine than it ever has before. I use the "Curly Girl" method: I rinse, protect my ends (of my mid-back length, very wavy and/or "Boticelli" curly hair) with conditioner, then shampoo only my scalp and roots; rinse like crazy; then use conditioner again, this time on all my hair but still paying attention to the ends, rinse again like crazy, and air dry. I have used this dry-curly-hair-pampering method for much longer than I've used this shampoo and conditioner, and let me tell ya, the combination of the method plus these products works WONDERS. My hair is soft, manageable, and truly curly -- NOT frizzy -- even though I live in hot, humid Houston!!! And all the styling product I need is a little spray-in gel (use the Garnier Fructis brand) or leave-in conditioning gel/cream. This stuff is readily available, cheap, smells great, and helps your hair look and feel like your friend rather than your nemisis. What more could a hair-obsessed Curly Girl want??

I bought this shampoo along with conditioner, looking for salvation for my dry, frizzy hair. My hair was very tangled afterwards not smooth at all. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

I LOVE this stuff - I have used it exclusively for several months and it has really improved the smoothness and overall condition of my (heavily) highlighted hair. Great price too. As far as buildup, I use alot of styling product so I don't expect a regular shampoo to handle that over an extended period. Once a week I add a little baking soda to the shampoo and it cleans everything off the hair, then I condition. Rinses with cider vinegar and water also work well to control oily scalp between washings.

I wanted to like this product. This made my hair frizzy and yucky. My hair felt like plastic. It seems like this worsened the damage it sought to repair. It made my hair dry and flaky, and made my head itch. The smell was nice though. It was cheap (like $2 at Target), but I recommend Got 2 Be Sqeaky Clean.

At first I loved this shampoo...but I switch shampoos a lot and didn't realize what would happen if I used this for say, a week straight - oh my, talk about GRUNGE-LOOK...the first couple days were great, nice and soft...but I have an oily scalp and after a few days of using this, and only this shampoo, my scalp felt greasy and gross after a couple hours!! I went back to the Fructis Normal, and its MUCH better!! I actually threw away this Dry & Damaged shampoo!!

Don't buy this shampoo. It spazzed out my curly/dry hair. I'll stick with Paul Mitchell.

after a salon-teatment disaster almost 2 years ago, i have been struggling with severely dry hair since... i used just about every fortfying shampoo sold at salons, notably K PAX from joico which only added to my problem. after my sister came back from italy with a bottle of this shampoo last christmas i knew i had found my salavtion, it had not been introduced to the north american markets yet, but when it debuted i knew i would no longer have to deal with dry/damaged hair any longer. this is what works for me, i literally swear by it, and i only hope it works for others as it has worked for me. :)

I really, really like this shampoo...It's inexpensive and it definitely makes my hair softer and more manageable...I have very thick hair so going through different shampoos and conditioners is a typical routine for me (Just ask my b/f :) Anyway, I will continue to purchase this product granted they don't discontinue it (Which would make me very unhappy)

Worked great for about a week, then I just seemed to get a lot of buildup and my roots always looked oily.

I bought this because I love the deep conditioner and thought that the shampoo would also help my dry hair. I was wrong. This shampoo was drying to my hair. I didn't even make it through half of the bottle because it was making my hair so dry.