July 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2004 11:16:00 AM More reviews by WinterHobbes

I wanted to like this product. This made my hair frizzy and yucky. My hair felt like plastic. It seems like this worsened the damage it sought to repair. It made my hair dry and flaky, and made my head itch. The smell was nice though. It was cheap (like $2 at Target), but I recommend Got 2 Be Sqeaky Clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by alyssamg

At first I loved this shampoo...but I switch shampoos a lot and didn't realize what would happen if I used this for say, a week straight - oh my, talk about GRUNGE-LOOK...the first couple days were great, nice and soft...but I have an oily scalp and after a few days of using this, and only this shampoo, my scalp felt greasy and gross after a couple hours!! I went back to the Fructis Normal, and its MUCH better!! I actually threw away this Dry & Damaged shampoo!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by clover777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't buy this shampoo. It spazzed out my curly/dry hair. I'll stick with Paul Mitchell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by rketh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

after a salon-teatment disaster almost 2 years ago, i have been struggling with severely dry hair since... i used just about every fortfying shampoo sold at salons, notably K PAX from joico which only added to my problem. after my sister came back from italy with a bottle of this shampoo last christmas i knew i had found my salavtion, it had not been introduced to the north american markets yet, but when it debuted i knew i would no longer have to deal with dry/damaged hair any longer. this is what works for me, i literally swear by it, and i only hope it works for others as it has worked for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2003 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Psylocke960

I really, really like this shampoo...It's inexpensive and it definitely makes my hair softer and more manageable...I have very thick hair so going through different shampoos and conditioners is a typical routine for me (Just ask my b/f :) Anyway, I will continue to purchase this product granted they don't discontinue it (Which would make me very unhappy)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 3:07:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

Worked great for about a week, then I just seemed to get a lot of buildup and my roots always looked oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2003 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mckenk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I love the deep conditioner and thought that the shampoo would also help my dry hair. I was wrong. This shampoo was drying to my hair. I didn't even make it through half of the bottle because it was making my hair so dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 5:06:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

This shampoo is OK. Sunsilk Fruitrience Mango and Passionfruit is a better choice compare to this product. From the advertisements, I thought it would smell as good as Sunsilk Fruitrience range, but in fact Sunsilk beats Fructis a long long way. This Fructis shampoo for dry and damaged hair foams up a lot but luckily it does not give me itchy scalp. Does nothing much to damaged hair, will not repurchase.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo smells excellent and it moisturizes ok. I have dry hair, but I actually prefer the S/C for normal hair instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2003 3:29:00 AM More reviews by reneewong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried this shampoo, I fell in love with it. It made my thick, heavy hair soft and shiny and so light. I was having good hair days everyday and was raving about the shampoo to whoever would listen. I've been using this shampoo everyday and now I'm down to the last few uses. Well, now my hair is a huge messy ball of grease! The buildup is horrible and I have never experienced buildup no matter how long I use a shampoo! It's like someone smeared vaseline on the top of my head. I had to wash my hair 6 times with 3 different shampoos and that still didn't work. I finally used a bar of soap and that got most of it out. Another round or two with the soap and I think my hair will be back to normal. I will not be buying this again.