Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

on 2/12/2004 12:33:00 PM

I bought this shampoo along with conditioner, looking for salvation for my dry, frizzy hair. My hair was very tangled afterwards not smooth at all. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

on 2/7/2004 6:46:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff - I have used it exclusively for several months and it has really improved the smoothness and overall condition of my (heavily) highlighted hair. Great price too. As far as buildup, I use alot of styling product so I don't expect a regular shampoo to handle that over an extended period. Once a week I add a little baking soda to the shampoo and it cleans everything off the hair, then I condition. Rinses with cider vinegar and water also work well to control oily scalp between washings.

on 2/1/2004 11:16:00 AM

I wanted to like this product. This made my hair frizzy and yucky. My hair felt like plastic. It seems like this worsened the damage it sought to repair. It made my hair dry and flaky, and made my head itch. The smell was nice though. It was cheap (like $2 at Target), but I recommend Got 2 Be Sqeaky Clean.

on 1/26/2004 2:33:00 PM

At first I loved this shampoo...but I switch shampoos a lot and didn't realize what would happen if I used this for say, a week straight - oh my, talk about GRUNGE-LOOK...the first couple days were great, nice and soft...but I have an oily scalp and after a few days of using this, and only this shampoo, my scalp felt greasy and gross after a couple hours!! I went back to the Fructis Normal, and its MUCH better!! I actually threw away this Dry & Damaged shampoo!!

on 1/14/2004 7:53:00 PM

Don't buy this shampoo. It spazzed out my curly/dry hair. I'll stick with Paul Mitchell.

on 10/26/2003 5:58:00 AM

after a salon-teatment disaster almost 2 years ago, i have been struggling with severely dry hair since... i used just about every fortfying shampoo sold at salons, notably K PAX from joico which only added to my problem. after my sister came back from italy with a bottle of this shampoo last christmas i knew i had found my salavtion, it had not been introduced to the north american markets yet, but when it debuted i knew i would no longer have to deal with dry/damaged hair any longer. this is what works for me, i literally swear by it, and i only hope it works for others as it has worked for me. :)

on 10/15/2003 5:19:00 AM

I really, really like this shampoo...It's inexpensive and it definitely makes my hair softer and more manageable...I have very thick hair so going through different shampoos and conditioners is a typical routine for me (Just ask my b/f :) Anyway, I will continue to purchase this product granted they don't discontinue it (Which would make me very unhappy)

on 10/14/2003 3:07:00 PM

Worked great for about a week, then I just seemed to get a lot of buildup and my roots always looked oily.

on 10/14/2003 2:25:00 PM

I bought this because I love the deep conditioner and thought that the shampoo would also help my dry hair. I was wrong. This shampoo was drying to my hair. I didn't even make it through half of the bottle because it was making my hair so dry.

on 10/3/2003 5:06:00 AM

This shampoo is OK. Sunsilk Fruitrience Mango and Passionfruit is a better choice compare to this product. From the advertisements, I thought it would smell as good as Sunsilk Fruitrience range, but in fact Sunsilk beats Fructis a long long way. This Fructis shampoo for dry and damaged hair foams up a lot but luckily it does not give me itchy scalp. Does nothing much to damaged hair, will not repurchase.

continued >>