MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 1/8/2010 4:30:00 PM

Love this stuff! It's my favorite highlighter. I much prefer it to Nars' Albatross because of the texture. Since this is a cream, it provides a more natural-looking "lit from within" glow. Albatross is a more golden powder that tends to just sit on my cheeks and look frosty, magnifying my pores.

This really is a gorgeous product and gives you instant cheekbones. I've been wearing it every day and it really makes me look more healthy. I want to give it a hug. :)

*** WARNING: Do not use this product as an eyeshadow base, or really even on your eye lids at all - it will crease. Use only as a brow bone highlight or inner corner highlight. ***

on 12/31/2009 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried to use this as an eyeshadow base multiple times, but to no avail=[ It creases horribly for me and it makes my eyeliner come back to the crease as well. ( weird..) i love it as a highlighter for my cheeks/inner corners/browbone.

on 12/13/2009 10:46:00 PM

I bought this at a CCO, thinking I could use it as an alternative to Painterly for an eye base. I tried it, and within 15 minutes everything was creased. So I thought... hmmm... maybe I'll put down Painterly, and then Pearl... nope, still creased. (I've never had anything crease on me when using Painterly, or any other MAC paint pots, for some background) So into the back of my collection it went. A few months later I pulled it out to give it another try, and it still creased. I tried it as a highlight, and it just seemed to make the area really oily. I finally swapped it with someone because I felt I would never be able to make it work. I've used other CCBs with success, so I don't know if I just got a bad Pearl, or if it's just something to that particular color/formula. To its credit, it is a very pretty color. But that's about all I could find to like about it...

on 11/10/2009 10:00:00 PM

I use this as a base for my eye shadows, and it works fairly well. The colors are more intense and last longer, and it is much easier to blend with this as a base. I have never tried udpp, as it is not available in the country that I live in. Sometimes i do experience creasing if worn alone, but once I have a shadow on top of the product, I've never experienced a problem. This is my first base, and I am happy with results

on 11/7/2009 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great as a highlighter, not going to work as an eyeshadow base. Creased on me when put on alone. Tried over UDPP and it was better, but still creased. I can suggest for the eye area, Benefit's tattle tale creaseless eyeshadow, which is a bit frosty with slightly more yellow tint but has never creased for me.

because this is a click close, i am not sure how long it would take to dry out, may want to watch for that

on 11/7/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite cream color base because it is so versatile. You can use it as an eyeshadow base to make the colors show up better. I mainly use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, brow bones, and inner eye corners. It is a pale white gold color with shimmer that makes a beautiful highlight.

on 10/19/2009 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

I really didn't expect this stuff to be this GOOD!! Excellent highlighter and looks natural. I have used it on my cheekbones, as a highlight for my eyes and nose and it looks like I have a healthy glow. I think this would look good on almost any skin tone.

on 10/13/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

this is such a great highlighter. It make my skin look like it's glowing from within. layered under blush - it's amazing.
I use my fingers to apply - it doesn't seem to work well with the brushes I've tried. I can't believe I waited so long to purchase it. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this on a daily basis to highlight my cheeks and it adds the perfect dewy glow that I've always been searching for. I highly recommend that you give this a try at least once, regardless of your skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Hello all, so I bought Pearl because I wanted a highlighter. I was in two minds whether to go for Improper Copper or Pearl. In the end I chose Pearl because it appeared more natural as IC tends to warm more. I like to create the warmth with my blush and use Pearl exclusively as a highlighter. It's fantastic, I apply above(!) and under eyebrow, bridge of the nose, above blush (half moon) and cupid bow. It stays put all day and reflects the light in a perfect way. So I'm a happy user and recommend.

Top Rated MAC Products