April 18, 2014 | 1013 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2004 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ooohweee! I hate purple, but love this eggplant-y eyeshadow, blends so well with my complexion. It's sometimes a little too dramatic for during the day but sometimes I like to make a statement. It's definitely one of my faves...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I wear it as liner to dress up my everyday colors (MAC Grain, Aria, and Shroom). I have blue eyes and pale skin, and this adds smoky drama without being overwhelming. The consistency is lovely and it has good staying power. I usually apply it with a damp eyeliner brush, let it dry, and then smudge it a bit so there isn't a harsh line. It's a perfect purple, not too pink or burgundy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 7:33:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, Green-Hazel eyes>>Shadowy lady is the latest addition to my arsenal of purple shadows..It's a dark, matte purple that's a nice diversion from my regular shimmery purples. Shadowy Lady makes an awesome liner for green eyes and blue eyes as well. Highly recommend this shadow for purple lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PnkCosmoXtraLime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for green/hazel eyes! One of my favorite shadow liners. I sometimes use it in the crease and outer corner of the eye. Works great as long as I blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by carolmaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An amazing dark velvety purple that has a soft, non-gritty texture. Fantastic for my green eyes. Can be used as a liner, dramatic shadow or contour. Lots of purple colors end up looking washed out on my lids, but this is one of the most richly pigmented MAC shadows I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Deep matte plum purple--my new favorite MAC shadow liner! So gorgeous--really picks up hazel/bluish eyes! Dark and less harsh then true black. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 1:30:00 AM More reviews by angelchaser

I use this for my brows every day. (with the 266 brush) I have quite dark hair, and it matches perfectly. I also line my eyes with it on occasion, but I can't say I have ever used it as a shadow. It has become a daily staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mandy122f

A very dark matte purple, very pigmented. Ideal for use as a liner, but personally I find it too dark for any other use. An ideal product for lining, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally steer clear of dark colors like this, but I got my eyes done at the MAC counter and she used Discrete as a wash, Nocturnelle in the crease, and then darkened the outer crease with Shadowy Lady and it looked AMAZING. So I broke down and bought them all. I also use this with any color that has purple or purple tones (Trax, Seedy Pearl, etc.). It is so lovely, but use with a light hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by verorl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I bought this shadow! I was at the MAC counter and the MA suggested it with the shadows I was buying (quarry, shroom, and shale). It looks like a very dark purple/eggplant color on the pot, and it looks a little darker and smokier in my lids. This color also brings out the amber tones in my brown eyes. I have used it just as a liner and also to create a smoky look, and love it both ways. It is very versatile!