Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Mink

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/22/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeshadow. I bought it cheap at the drugstore years and years ago and was just lucky that this is the one I decided to pick up. It is the perfect color for my eyelids. A glowy, sandy color that isn't dark enough to darken my lids at all, but isn't light enough to make my lids look frosty. It is the perfect shade, maybe due to slight pink tones that some have mentioned (but it doesn't wear pink at all). It can be worn day or night, even looks fabulous by itself with just a swipe of mascara, and is such a breeze to apply. It makes my blue eyes completely POP. Now that I'm looking into "higher" end makeup, I have been searching for a shade to at least equal Mink's perfection, but everything else seems to fall short. It's as if this accidental, cheap drugstore purchase has already raised the eyeshadow bar too high for me!

on 9/18/2009 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is first time I've bought Cover Girl in .... 6 years, I believe? :P I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I tested the wear against one of my Clinique shadows, and they started fading at around the same time (surprising, right?) The texture is wonderful as well. It's -almost- silky smooth, applies evenly, and provides enough pigmentation each time. I picked up Mink because of the comparatively high reviews, and after testing this color out, I can see why many love this. Just a warning: this will work best for warm toned girls! I have yellow undertones to begin with, and this still takes a wee bit of peach leaning orange color on my lids. I can see this ending up as a orange nightmare on someone with pale skin (plus cool undertones.) On me, the glistening golden factor salvages it, and looks wonderful as a eye brightener. I was searching for something along the lines of my HG I-look-like-I-have-nothing-on-my-beautiful-shiny-lids-but-I-really-do Birthday Suit from Benefit, but this doesn't fit. It's more obvious when I wear this shadow because of the color. I probably won't buy this because the pan size is huge, but I'll definitely be watching CG more closely now. For reference, I'm a C3, with yellow and some pink undertones, fair-medium leaning towards medium skin.

on 9/6/2009 6:03:00 PM

I loooove this! I have tried Covergirl's champagne and tapestry taupe because of there great reviews but I hated them. Champagne didn't last and was too yellow and frosty and tapestry taupe had almost no pigment and had glitter in it :[

But Mink is amazing! It is shimmery not glittery light brownish color. The pigmentation is wonderful, it's smooth and is perfect to wear on the lid with a brown in the outer corner for everyday or school.

EDIT: Still love this but there's a lot of fall out.

on 8/31/2009 5:14:00 AM

I just love this shade of eyeshadow.
Warm rose gold shimmer, its just mesmerising.
Its like someone has just rolled gold leafing all over your eyelid.
If you haven't tried this shade yet I recommend you do.

on 4/26/2009 11:07:00 AM

This is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadows. I started using Mink when I was 15, and three years later I still love it! Like other reviewers have said before, it's a very versatile golden brown, slightly sparkly shade that can be worn to create a natural look or a dramatic look for a night out. This is a mainstay in my makeup bag. If you haven't tried it yet get it now! For the price (about $3.99 at my local drugstore), it's definitely worth it.

on 4/21/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Every single woman should own this eyeshadow. Seriously it is the most flattering, versatile color on the market, IMO. It can be used as a great base for other e/s, as a shimmery wash over a darker base, to highlight cheekbones, and mixed with gloss for a shimmery gold lipgloss. Most products labeled universally flattering usu work for a small % and I'm never part of that, but this product truly is a wonder-product. I like to smudge this over some smudged black-kohl liner for a very smokey, shimmery eye. If I had known about this product around the holidays, every woman I know would be getting this shade. I still can't get over how great this product is. Highly pigmented, soft powder that doesn't go on chalky, easy to use, and lasts for hours and fades nicely without creasing. Will repurchase as long as this product is on the market! Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this colour forever, and I'm still in love with it. Goes great with CG "Champagne" e/s - try them together if you haven't yet!

Not sure what I would do if they discontinued this shade. It's been my "go to" colour for years!

on 2/13/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good color, cheap, lasts all day, what more could you want? I discovered this shadow when I was 14 and it has been 7 years. Because of me, my sister and two best friends use it daily ! I tried more expensive shadows, but they just don't cut it.

on 1/30/2009 8:21:00 AM

LOVE this color!!! like the pp said if this were to be discontinued it would be a very bad thing. I have NC25 skin with dark brown eyes and brown hair. this color is perfect for me. it is not too dark or light, the perfect neutral color that I can wear everyday. it also made me look more awake (which is a good thing coz I'm usually sleep deprived with a toddler) This one will always be in my makeup bag.

on 12/29/2008 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE EYESHADOW COLOR!! I have fair skin and brown eyes and this looks great! from reading the reviews it apparently looks good on people with all kinds of hair, eye, and skin colors! I would cry if this were ever discontinued :(