August 23, 2014 | 1731 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Mtnltng7171

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this laying around my house so I thought I'd try it. Whenever I apply bronzer to my skin I always mix in lotion so to get no streaks. I just don't like the smell & it's not the perfect bronzing color I'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff dries into a sparkly sticky mess. Every time I sit on my leather office chair or leather car seats, my legs stick! Gross! Will not be purchasing again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually stay away from the self tanner aisle in the drugstore and I forgot why until this past weekend when I went there looking for aloe vera, and saw this product on the shelf. Dear God, NO I would NEVER buy this terrible product again! If you have sensitive skin stay far far away from this stuff. Not only did it make my legs oompa loompa orange, it also gave me little red bumps all over my legs that lasted for 2 or 3 weeks. I first tried this product when it first came out when I was in high school and had to wear pants for the last few weeks of school because of the terrible itchy rash on my legs. To make matters worse, it was May in California- terribly hot and uncomfortable!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I have it in the tinted lotion Medium Natural Tan. It does not streak [when blended well] and it is not orangey but a good looking tan! Only thing I hate is those damn sparkles. Whoever's idea was to add sparkles to this formula needs to be slapped! I noticed the sparkles on my arm after application and walking outside. I looked worse than a teeny bopper on prom night!

Other than the sparkles, I like the fact that it tints at first because it shows where its been applied to already and helps me to blend it well. I blend using gloves because the first time I used it and blended without gloves the stuff did not wash well from my hands and i had DARK palms. Gloves recommended during application. Plus it dries fairly fast so I dont have to wait long to dress and go about my business. Overall, highly recommended!

I havent used the towelettes version that I heard is out there but Im thinking about them for use on my face... we'll see

UPDATE: 6/7/10 So its been a couple weeks since i first started using this lotion tanner and I have to agree with another reviewer that it fades HORRIBLY! It fades very freckly and its embarrassing to wear a shoulder bearing shirt since its where the freckling is more noticeable. I'm not sure whether to put more on to hide the fading freckle look or just wait it out and let it fade off by itself. Point is that its good when you first have it on but once it starts to fade... good luck with that freckle look

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cupcakepink

this product was terrible for me! it was too runny, streaky and the color was awful. it just looked like i had rolled around in mud, looked a bit too orange also.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by bebejlovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hated this product. The only positive comment I can give it is on the consistency. It felt very moisturizing. I'm an avid self tanner. My HG product is Banana Boat Summer Color lotion in fair/medium. I purchased this product because I could not find the Banana Boat anywhere in my area. This lotion turned me orange. Not as orange as Neutrogena micromist but not a REAL color at all. It also has a lot of glitter. This product is also $3 more than Banana Boat. Thankfully I have three back up Banana Boat's coming in the mail.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cindyvang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried several self tanners and none of them have worked out well for me so I decided to give this a try. I liked how fast I got tanned from using this product ( I hate gradual self tanners). First couple of days, I loved it! I thought I had found the perfect self tanner...until I walked outside. OMG it was super shimmery/glittery!!! I don't like to be all shimmery. That's one thing I didn't like about it, After a few days of using it and getting the tanned look, I decided to not apply for a few days just to see how long it lasts. A few days later (2-3 days later), I noticed blotchy darker tanned patches on my legs. It did not blend in with the rest of my tanned legs. It was ugly!!! So I decided not to use it any more and just let the tan go away and start fresh with another product. I used this product for about a week to a week and a half before I stopped using it. The smell is not bad at all but it does stain my sheets, bras and towels. I do like how fast the tan develops though. Over all, this product was just ok. It's not the worst but it is one that I do kind of like out of all the self tanners I've used. Sadly I will not repurchase because I do not like how shimmery it is and the fact that it stains my sheets, bras, and towels.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by aggiecasi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the most natural self tanner I've used... I have warm/golden yellowy undertones and it doesn't make me orangy at all. It's potent, so I apply it after a shower or add a bit of lotion to it first.

I've also used to Sublime Bronze with instant color, but it has so much sparkle I feel like a dancer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by starkssb

I am really liking this stuff. I have fair-medium skin and tan easily. I havent been to the beds in a while so my natural color is back, I bought this cause it was on sale thinking why not? I was surprised that i like it. I exfoliate with a puff in the shower,shave then apply this immediatly after toweling off,sometimes mixed with moisturizer. no streaks just good natural color on my legs and arms. now i need some for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by iluvfaketan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the sublime bronze one day tinted gel when my normal tan starts to fade on my face and neck.It gives me great results everytime and i would'nt be without it.
I apply it lightly over my moisturiser so it does'nt streak with a makeup sponge or with my finger tips.But be careful not to put it on too thickly as it will look unatural and muddy looking.
And the good thing is you can simply wash it off at the end of the day and start afresh the next.