MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 3/21/2006 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Grain is a GREAT color! I love that I can wear it alone as a wash and it looks terrific, or, I can jazz it up with a darker crease color. But most of the time, I am in a hurry; and I like that I can always rely on Grain for a quick, no-fuss, eye-pick-me-up! Looks great with some dark eyeliner and some MAC Dazzlelight on the brow bone! For reference, hazel (green-brown) eyes, NW25/NC30 skintone (I've been matched to both), dark hair.

on 1/25/2006 8:53:00 AM

VERY similar to naked lunch, both are great color washes to put under any look

This is an underrated MAC eyeshadow. It's my favorite spring wash. I sometimes have a hard time deciding between this or Naked Lunch because they are somewhat similar, except NL is a frost and this is a satin. Also, I think Grain has a little more pink in it and Naked Lunch has more beige. But they are both gorgeous as washes.

on 3/25/2005 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this shadow! It adds a little something to my eyes without adding much color. I like the natural look so the light peachy shade works well. This is the shadow I reach for everyday so I'm sure I'll be buying this again and again. Up-close the shadow looks very pretty on the eyes because it's really subtle, especially under soft lighting and candlelight. Goregeous.

on 3/23/2005 1:27:00 PM

This is what I wanted phloof to be, but that color was too light on me. I am so glad the MA put this on me becuase I had been looking for a natural color I could put on my entire lid. This isn't too light for me, looks natural and adds shimmer, just like I wanted. It has a subtle hint of peach color, but very subtle. I know I'll repurchase this since I use it just about every day.

on 3/2/2005 10:35:00 PM

I'm a MAC fan, and have almost all colours, and definetely this is THE best neutral of the line, great as highlighter or as a wash, elegant but soooo sexy.

on 1/29/2005 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this is the MAC shadow that I use the most. It is very flattering and can be used with any other color. It is a great neautral and I think I am on my 3rd purchase so far. I think anyone could use this color.

Update: I just bought this AGAIN. I apparently can't get enough of Grain shadow. I bought Trish McEvoy...I tried Nars, Jane, Estee Lauder. NOTHING compares to this color. I wear it on its own a lot. I will sometimes put it over the MAC paints. This is the most flattering color ever. LOVE IT!!!!!

on 12/20/2004 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe that it has taken me so long to discover this shade! Grain is a nude beige with a slight touch of peach to it. It really brightens up my eyes and goes great on days where I'm going for the natural look. It wears well and doesn't crease or fade away on me. I will be buying this again for sure.

on 9/17/2004 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised this eyeshadow isn't talked about more. Looks kinda blah and drab in the pot but goes on a nice shimmery peach with just a hint of beige. I really like this as a base with Satin Taupe in the crease. Very nice and natural looking.

on 9/9/2004 1:28:00 PM

grain is a wonderful shadow- great color descriptions on the reviews below. i am a yellow toned PPP/LLL (MAC C10-20)and find that grain is excellent when used as a wash or as a crease color, but too dark for me to use as a highlighter. it gives a nice, bright look to eyes. i like it in combination with satin taupe and phloof as a highlighter.

Top Rated MAC Products