November 27, 2014 | 1010 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought my HAI flat iron in the Spring of 2002 to replace my Solano Sapphire. I haven't looked back since. It still works perfectly and the plates are still immaculate-- no chips/scratches at all. I love the temp. control setting, too. With just one pass over my hair (set on medium/high heat) my loose curls go poker straight! Amazing! My Sapphire never worked as well as this baby. "If" it ever burns up, you can be sure that I'll be purchasing another. Also, the size of the HAI Convertable is second to none... it's neither to big, nor to small. Just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by fashionjunke13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had 2 Conair flat irons in the past. The first one was literally crap, the second one was a ceramic iron, and did an OK job of my short hair but not to good on my sisters longer hair. After about 6 months it started to loose heat on my sisters hair and it just went way down hill.

I started to look for a new flat iron and went online to research which would be the best and came across reviews of the Hai at folica! I went back and forth on whether to buy it or not, it was a lot of money compared to my cheapy Conair iron. I finally found it on ebay for $65.00 american. So I decided to buy it. All in all it was $125.00 CAD with shipping.

WAS IT EVER WORTH IT! Holy! This flat iron is literally the best beauty purchase I've ever made! If your on the verge of getting it, or you can't decide let me advice you a little! BUY IT! You'll never regret it!

EDIT: Just as fabulous as before, NO amount of money is worth what this baby does for me, this is worth $300!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2004 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sh99x

I have the 1" Hai Stick which I purchased 2 years ago. It works great for my just-below-the shoulder, wavy, colored and dry-ish hair, once I got over being afraid to turn the heat up on it high enough to do anything. Now I use a heat protectant spray (aveda damage control) and go for it. One or two passes does the trick, and usually it will stay pretty straight even in high humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 1:17:00 PM More reviews by 2boysmom

I bought this on EBAY based on the reviews and it it hands down the best beauty product I have ever purchased. I live in Houston where it is 100% humidity every day and my hair stays super straight and shiny when I use my HAI with Biosilk and PM heat seal. I've had the HAI about 6 months now and would buy it again in a heartbeat if anything ever happened to it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 6:22:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i went to my stylist and i noticed she used a new flat iron for my hair. i asked her, "is that Wigo?" and she goes, "no,its HAI...its BETTER than Wigo...its the best i used so far"...i totally trust this woman and i bought it!! Even my hair dresser's assistant told me she likes this BETTER than CHI bcoz u can adjust the temperature...with my coarse hair...i need at least 400 degrees as opposed to the 200-something from CHI...(and no...it didnt burn my hair)...it gives me that ultra sleek look .my hair is usually dry, damaged and poofy.thank goodness i didnt buy wigo at ulta coz that wouldve cost me alot more....my stylist paid $120 for the Hai with her discount....and i bought mine off ebay and with s/h, i paid about $65.50!! I'm a good shopper =) *UPDATE* I've been getting so many complements ever since i switched to this flat iron..it definitely made my hair sleeker & shinier lookng..i also love the way it heats up well in approx. 1 minute...*UPDATE*.....i am in love with the SEDU...huuuge difference...will no longer repurchase HAI...sedu was double the amount i paid for my hai but it was sooo worth it! also, my hai broke down on me in less than a yr...poo! :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 8:51:00 AM More reviews by brendapuch1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very good straightening iron. I have very long not quite straight/not quite wavy hair, and this iron leaves it pretty much stick straight in no time at all. I like the fact that I can graduate the temperature since I do not need for it to get too hot to do the job. I don't believe that it does not damage your hair though, even with a heat shield I would not use it more than once a week-it gets hot!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bonkymommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought one of these babies totally on your recommendation. I was absolutely sure it wouldn't work on my hair but it did!! Amazing. I also bought the Paul Mitchell Heat & Seal and the Biosilk silk therapy and am experimenting with how much to use, etc. It's great to have a different way to do my hair - silky straight and sophisticated. My husband said and I quote, "Oooh la-la".

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LanaLang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome flat iron!! Leaves my hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking! I have thick, frizzy, coarse hair, and it only takes me a max. of 30 min to get my hair smooth and pin straight! I love my HAI!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2003 1:33:00 PM More reviews by letjin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the HAI Convertable off ebay for $56 (plus $10 shipping). I am not sure if this iron is better than my metal-plated Revlon. My revlon gets as hot, and I don't see that HAI is less damaging to my hair (there's no visible difference IMO).
HAI is much lighter, so it is less tiring to my arms. I'll see how this ceramic iron performs in the long run.

*update*
Now I can clearly see that using this iron doesn't fry my hair. It also gives more shine gives off more heat to my hair while not burning my hair. Definitely worth buying a ceramic iron... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by cmr16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is as good as everyone says. I was looking for pure ceramic plates and it is only ceramic coated (I think the CHI is pure) but it doesn't matter - it works wonders. I got it off of folica.com where it was $85.00 plus free shipping. The cheapest I found it on Ebay was 69.00 plus 13.00 shipping so it evened out.